Pre-Season 2021/22

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:17 pm

Strong line-up, I expected to see Fabinho starting as well though, I doubt Elliot will start the Norwich game instead of him.

I also wanted to see Tsimkas start as well. Don't expect him to start against Norwich obviously but he's had a pretty good pre-season so far but against weaker opposition, I was hoping we could see him play against a better team.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:18 pm

Hope Robbo is OK. That looked like a full twist of the ankle... probably ligament damage.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:23 pm

Damn, I hope Andy is not injured too seriously, it would be a real bummer to lose him for a lengthy period because of an injury sustained in a friendly. He did walk off though, without even limping at that, so hopefully it's not too bad.

As for the game itself, I think we did OK going forward but I was a bit worried at how our high defensive line was bypassed so easily at times. If it weren't for Allison I doubt we would have been in front.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:36 pm

Looked like a bad twist Robbo suffered so I doubt he will be good for Norwich.

Better opposition and we raised our level up a gear from the other pre season games. Pressing very high with a bit of intent but getting exposed at the same time. Good to see Virgil holding up and wee Elliott as well.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:04 pm

Elliott is looking very classy. I think he'll feature quite abit this season.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:26 pm

1-1 final score. I know it was just a friendly but I think we should have done better. Good workout though. Also, Elliot looks like the real deal, should stay put this season and not go on loan.

It was great seeing the stadium almost full again, it's a different game when the crowd is there.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:46 pm

We did look a bit shaky defensively but being tested like that will actually help, better for it to happen now in pre season than when the action really starts. The coaching staff and players will now have the chance to go over the game and iron out any creases before next week plus I imagine Fab will be screening the back 4 against Norwich and we saw what a difference he made defensively at the end of last season when he moved back into the MF.
At the other end of the pitch Sadio looks sharper than he has done for a while and as others have mentioned Elliott was really impressive. Naby showed one of two nice touches as well.
Stick Thiago and Fab in that MF and we'll be good to go.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:37 pm

Good performance but disappointed we didnt get the win. Plenty of possession and chances but just struggled to get a winner.

Elliot did well and I'd play him ahead of shaq. He is a bit light though.

Overall a good run out. Hopefully Robbo didnt do any damage and will be fit for Norwich or Kostas will finally get that chance.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:47 pm

Robo's injury looks horrendous..I expect him to be out 1-2 month..Awful
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:05 pm

Good first half but seemed to tire in the second and give them far too much time on the ball. With a midfield of Milner, Keita and Elliot there's plenty of running but not much defensive nous. I think Fabinho was given the extra day recovery from the last game so that he can play the full 90 tomorrow and then drop into the starting lineup for Norwich. Might be a bit early for Thiago and Henderson but they won't be far behind.

The front 3 looked really good and Elliot will be really useful through the season. Mane looked strong and Salah looked like he had an extra spring in his step.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:13 pm

Really impressive first half performance from the lads, too many good performances to mention them all but Ox and Konate have stood out for me. AOC looks turbo charged again and Konate's composure on the ball and passing from the back is first class.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:07 pm

Brilliant game from the Ox .. he looks super sharp running from midfield. Prefer him as a CM than as the false 9, he's far more effective.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:09 pm

Some excellent performances tonight
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:12 pm

Agreed with everyone, some very good performances tonight and like mentioned above I was especially impressed by Ox. Hope he can replicate this during the season.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:37 pm

Been the best pre-season in many years. Konate looks good. The likes of Tsimikas, Keita, Elliott, Minamino, and eventually Ox, have put their hand up to say that they could be a big help next season. Haven't seen a 16 year old as good as Kaide Gordon for a while. Looks a star in the making.

We have loads of options in the squad and apart from Robbo the treatment room is empty going into the season. Feeling really positive.
Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion