GEORGINIO WIJNALDUM - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:13 am

Transfer list them !? How many clubs actually do that ffs

As for other clubs

Here are players City have let go on a free
Silva , Bravo , Kompany , Milner , Mangala , Toure , Zabaleta , Navas , Cabalerro , Hart , Clichy , Richards , Barry , Lescott

UTD

Sanchez , Rojo , Valencia , Herrera , Rooney , Schwienstiger, Cleverly

Chelsea

Willian , Cahill , Ivanovic, Obi Mikel , Cole , Malouda

You could go through each team and many will be losing players on free transfers
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:57 am

Transfer list? Wow. I haven't heard that term used for a couple of decades! I think top level football has moved way past that and any transfer list would be for out of contract players in the lower leagues. The likes of Sturridge, Clyne, Lallana and Enrique had serious injury problems after joining us and simply decided to run down their contracts because they knew their next contract would be worth significantly less. There isn't much clubs can do in those situations and you can't really blame the players either.
Eagle

Postby Penguins » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:05 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:13 am wrote:Transfer list them !? How many clubs actually do that ffs

As for other clubs

Silva , Bravo , Kompany , Milner , Mangala , Toure , Zabaleta , Navas , Cabalerro , Hart , Clichy , Richards , Barry , Lescott

UTD

Chelsea

And? City and Chelski have owners that can ***** away money for fun and still spend 100 million in the summer. Manure also ***** away  a ton of money as they have insane revenues.
LFC is NOT in that position. We have stingy owners that will not take extra money out of their pockets and are extremely dependant on money from transfers...

You could go through each team and many will be losing players on free transfers
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:24 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas wrote:Transfer list them !? How many clubs actually do that ffs

As for other clubs

UTD

Chelsea

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_market

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... va&ampcf=1

You must have missed that memo mate or there is something they arent telling you!.

Nearly all those players you named were in their 30's and had no resale value. Same players played very regular for their sides up until they left whereas our players were frozen out long before or bit part.

Interesting as well that you chose to highlight the richest clubs in the league that can afford to do it. We cant and it was only a few years back that the club said they would stop it. Contract talks would begin when a player enters the final 2 years so if they were dragging it out the club had time to move them on rather than getting nowt.

I guess you missed that memo too or only took up your post after it was announced.

We dont have the money those other clubs have so cannot afford to continuously let this happen. For a club that operates the way we do it's bad business.  Letting Gini go for nothing was absolutely ridiculous compared to what Bayern did with Thiago.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:55 pm

You asked me to show you a club that has let more players go than us - I did , what about the 20 players that Palace look like they are letting go for free ?

You appear to be suggesting that we are the worst club for letting players leave on a free which is clearly not the case

If a player leaves on a free then it’s for a number of reasons

1. The club don’t offer him a new contract and there is no real sale value and no one bids for them

2. The players doesn’t sign the new contract so the club has the choice to sell before then or not

The club were still hopefully that Gini was going to sign another contract - he didn’t and he left , it happens. We may have lost out on what - £10mil max , maybe a less or we get one more season out of him as he starts to go into his 30’s - last summer we had other priorities to bring in , we could have sold Gini for the small fee but then need to bring in someone as well -keeping Gini for one more year and seeing if he signs the contract offered was the clubs choice

We aren’t losing one of the best players in the squad - he did a job ,

I’m not sure what point your links are trying to prove but

“Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp and transfer guru Michael Edwards are reportedly prepared to sell as many as nine Reds players.” - players that the club are happy to sell is slightly to “being put on the transfer list”

How often do you see a club actually state a player is on the transfer list - not very often
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:34 am

Who cares what Palace do ? Palace fans maybe but not me. I couldnt give a toss what they do with their squad.

You are assuming I am suggesting something I am not. I never said that we are the worst club for it. I asked you to show me a club who let's more players go than we do and you did by picking the 3 richest clubs in the league with a list consisting of mostly geriatrics with no resale value.

So we paid 25 mil for a 29 year old with a year left on his contract but for our own 29 year old with a year left we would be lucky to get 10 max.  :D  last week you said Gini was a top player but now he is a squad player who did a job  :laugh: who told you that? Michael ? Because it certainly wasnt the manager.

I posted that link in response to you saying how many clubs do that. Now you are trying to say that players the club want to sell is somehow different to being transfer listed.  :Oo:

My point still stands that letting players go for free is bad business.  You have done absolutely nothing to change that. You constantly claim we have to be self sustainable and cant match the big spenders but yet we can waste money like this and how dare anyone question it.

Dont waste your time replying mate because I wont be wasting mine with a response so just leave it at that.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:35 am

Best way to get the last word is tell them “you are right”  :D
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:56 am

kazza » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:35 am wrote:Best way to get the last word is tell them “you are right”  :D

Or you say “don’t bother replying” :D

Thankfully we aren’t losing one of our best players on a free and they are getting new contracts

Think looking back Red till die is attached to Gini so prob just a tad upset he has chased the huge wage at PSG
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:41 am

Yes it frustrates me that Owen,McManaman and the likes of Gini went for next to nothing. However I certainly have missed the word of praise in other areas Torres, Suarez and best of all Coutinho. It certainly isn’t  all doom and the gloom. I still find it incredibly amusing that certain posters actually expect the owners to put their hands into their own pockets to fund the cost of additional transfers. They are not a charity. Absolutely nothing wrong with creating additional debt for transfers providing it is sustainable. People witter on endlessly about the Glazer’s  and United’s debt however we are in a very different position.The owners have spent serious sums of money developing both Anfield and our training facilities. The same certainly could not be said for Glazer’s.

Okay to get back to Gini why have we never used him in the same way that the Netherlands do other than against Barcelona ?? His performances for years for the Netherlands have been considerably more impressive and dynamic. I just find it very difficult to understand that we have failed to use him in a more forward position even as an option. The Gini that played last night for the Netherlands  was almost unrecognisable. Gary Neville who I regard as an absolute fecking prat has suggested based on last night‘s performance that we have made a massive mistake letting Gini go. I would actually agree with him but the Gini that played last night is not the one that we are losing !! BL..DY FRUSTRATING !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:42 am

Klopp deployed Gini is a different role for us - not sure why but he was more the engine , energy and ball retention for us - when he did burst forward he did score the odd goal - hopefully Jones has learned a lot from him
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:23 pm

I’m more unhappy that Adrian got an extension than Gini left for free
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:51 pm

kazza » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:23 pm wrote:I’m more unhappy that Adrian got an extension than Gini left for free

I think Kelleher is our second keeper anyway, so it doesn't change much.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:36 am

PSG must be asking themselves how did we manage to get Gini on a free !! He is having the most incredible Euro 2020 and good luck to him. Showing some very impressive qualities as a captain as well. I have often thought when comparing his international and club performances that we simply haven't got the best out of him. Klopp doesn't like to mix things up unless he is forced to. I am absolutely certain that Gini enjoys his international role significantly more than his defensive mid that he plays for Liverpool. We should have played him in a more forward attacking midfield role and just maybe he would still be here? Look what happened against Barcelona !! Just a thought.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:37 pm

devaney » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:36 am wrote:PSG must be asking themselves how did we manage to get Gini on a free !! He is having the most incredible Euro 2020 and good luck to him. Showing some very impressive qualities as a captain as well. I have often thought when comparing his international and club performances that we simply haven't got the best out of him. Klopp doesn't like to mix things up unless he is forced to. I am absolutely certain that Gini enjoys his international role significantly more than his defensive mid that he plays for Liverpool. We should have played him in a more forward attacking midfield role and just maybe he would still be here? Look what happened against Barcelona !! Just a thought.

Onwards and upwards

I think he is in a groove right now with the increased wages and all the hype surrounding him right now. Maybe had we played him in that role we might have been exposed defensively and we may not have had the success we have had, also he has missed some sitters in front of goal ( both for us and Newcastle) so it’s not like he is a world class attacking midfielder. He was great at holding the ball, great engine and never got injured so it seems he was well suited to the role he had at Liverpool.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:32 am

He did well for us in the role that he played. I think we'll miss him a lot more than we think we will, especially if we don't replace him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion