Fabinho
Thiago
Henderson

With Jones , Ox and Keita -

Can only see someone coming in if someone leaves
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:02 pm

That's true. We need to move on Keita and/or Ox.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:14 am

Really disappointed in the comments he gave.

"I didn't feel loved in Liverpool"

Really? As far I know he was a well liked player who most supporters appreciated in the role he played.
The biggest reason he is at PSG now is cause he earns 3 times as much money.
Just pure ***** to claim you didn't pick PSG for anything but the money....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:18 am

Penguins » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:14 am wrote:Really disappointed in the comments he gave.

"I didn't feel loved in Liverpool"

Really? As far I know he was a well liked player who most supporters appreciated in the role he played.
The biggest reason he is at PSG now is cause he earns 3 times as much money.
Just pure ***** to claim you didn't pick PSG for anything but the money....

Why don't you take the time to read the entire quote instead of pulling one line numbnuts. It was directed very specifically at a type of "fan".
Eagle

Postby Penguins » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:36 am

Wow, so because a fraction of the fans of the club sometimes critized him, while the overwhelming majorty liked and supported him, it was the reason for him leaving....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:12 pm

Well French fans are a lot more fickle (especially PSG) than Liverpool fans so he better find a way to cope  :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:37 pm

James Pearce
@JamesPearceLFC
Wijnaldum, a class act until the day he left #LFC, was right to shame the trolls. The argument that players should be able to “take it” or that it “comes with the territory” is just grim. And he certainly wasn't claiming that online abuse was why he left.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:43 pm

Eagle » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:37 pm wrote:
James Pearce
@JamesPearceLFC
Wijnaldum, a class act until the day he left #LFC, was right to shame the trolls. The argument that players should be able to “take it” or that it “comes with the territory” is just grim. And he certainly wasn't claiming that online abuse was why he left.

Whatever used to be said in the pub twenty years ago is now posted online, it’s the way it is and will only accelerate. Players open social media accounts because they want the attention, and love all the positivity and love that comes their way, that to me is why it comes with the territory, not because he’s a football player making 50k per week (to be clear). If people choose to criticize then they have to thicken their skin or don’t have a social media account. I read some of those comments and they were hardly trolling, just one person’s opinion. If they abuse and cross the line that is one thing, but blaming him for a loss or saying “you did not run this season like you ran last season” which many have said on here and is a valid point of view whether correct or not. As they say, opinions are like @ssholes, everybody has one.

I don’t think Gini should have gone there, he left and he is making much more money, there is no problem with that, their careers are finite and I would do the same. I would have respected him more had he just kept quiet or said he wanted a new challenge, hell!! even blame the weather.

Some players are trolled heavily, he was never one of them, in any case let’s hope he doesn’t speak French.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:58 pm

kazza » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:43 pm wrote:
Eagle » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:37 pm wrote:
James Pearce
@JamesPearceLFC

Whatever used to be said in the pub twenty years ago is now posted online, it’s the way it is and will only accelerate. Players open social media accounts because they want the attention, and love all the positivity and love that comes their way, that to me is why it comes with the territory, not because he’s a football player making 50k per week (to be clear). If people choose to criticize then they have to thicken their skin or don’t have a social media account. I read some of those comments and they were hardly trolling, just one person’s opinion. If they abuse and cross the line that is one thing, but blaming him for a loss or saying “you did not run this season like you ran last season” which many have said on here and is a valid point of view whether correct or not. As they say, opinions are like @ssholes, everybody has one.

I don’t think Gini should have gone there, he left and he is making much more money, there is no problem with that, their careers are finite and I would do the same. I would have respected him more had he just kept quiet or said he wanted a new challenge, hell!! even blame the weather.

Some players are trolled heavily, he was never one of them, in any case let’s hope he doesn’t speak French.

There was a lot more than just being critical of his performance

Gini was abused regularly by a certain section of the fanbase and you can spot them a mile away on Twitter.

This is a good summary

https://twitter.com/theanfieldwrap/stat ... 26274?s=21
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:12 pm

“ Gini was abused regularly by a certain section of the fanbase and you can spot them a mile away on Twitter”

I looked and didn’t find “regular abuse”

His words “On social media if we lost I was the one who got the blame.

“There was a moment when I didn’t feel loved."

Not feeling love in “a moment” is not regular abuse. I’m sure Mane, Salah, Keita, Ox, Firmino, any of last seasons defenders all got the same if not worse.

His only reflection on his time at Liverpool was negative, compare that to Alonso who only ever said positive things about the fans. One was supported after he left, and one will not be.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:22 pm

kazza » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:12 pm wrote:“ Gini was abused regularly by a certain section of the fanbase and you can spot them a mile away on Twitter”

Not feeling love in “a moment” is not regular abuse. I’m sure Mane, Salah, Keita, Ox, Firmino, any of last seasons defenders all got the same if not worse.

His only reflection on his time at Liverpool was negative, compare that to Alonso who only ever said positive things about the fans. One was supported after he left, and one will not be.

I’m not sure where you are looking but the abuse was clear anytime wr played - even more so during the period when we struggled.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:23 pm

Not too happy with his comments after he left to be honest. So I guess those were crocodile tears on his last game for us? Bottom line is he left because of money and even rejected Barcelona, the best club in the world according to him, because PSG offered more money. Wish he'd just shut up now and enjoy his fortune.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:18 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:22 pm wrote:
kazza » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:12 pm wrote:“ Gini was abused regularly by a certain section of the fanbase and you can spot them a mile away on Twitter”

I’m not sure where you are looking but the abuse was clear anytime wr played - even more so during the period when we struggled.

To be fair, I don’t follow that cr@p so I researched it after the fact.

I went to Google and put “Wijnaldum online abuse” and didn’t see ‘online abuse’ I just saw people showing disappointment at his play. There might have been a few stupid comments by some idiots but certainly not enough to support the narrative that he was abused online. Since he said that however the narrative has become that he was “abused” online and given the amount of total posts over his Liverpool career and the percentage of “abusive” posts it is an unfair representation of Liverpool supporters (online or otherwise).

As Damjan said, he “really wanted to go to Barcelona” then went to PSG as soon as they offered him more money.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:32 am

Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:39 am

kazza » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:18 am wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:22 pm wrote:

To be fair, I don’t follow that cr@p so I researched it after the fact.

I went to Google and put “Wijnaldum online abuse” and didn’t see ‘online abuse’ I just saw people showing disappointment at his play. There might have been a few stupid comments by some idiots but certainly not enough to support the narrative that he was abused online. Since he said that however the narrative has become that he was “abused” online and given the amount of total posts over his Liverpool career and the percentage of “abusive” posts it is an unfair representation of Liverpool supporters (online or otherwise).

As Damjan said, he “really wanted to go to Barcelona” then went to PSG as soon as they offered him more money.

If you don’t follow Twitter then you won’t see it - and googling for it wont bring it up

And he hasn’t said he left because of the abuse from certain fans
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion