Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:50 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:22 pm wrote:We've been linked with a young Brazilian kid called Talles Magno. He's valued at £18m and capped at under 17 level. Also linked with Sarr from Watford.

I think we're just buying cover this summer.. I think we'll save the Mbappe signing until next year.

Apparently he wants to come to LFC. Must be the Bobby, Fab and Alisson effect
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Eagle » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:50 pm

bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:49 pm wrote:
Cool Hand Luke » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:13 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:46 pm wrote:Just read that LFC is set to get a cash injection of £175m for winning the league, TV rights or something like that?
Anyone else read that?
If true, there can be no argument for not buying a couple of players, and whatever we get in player sales.

No idea what you're talking about but every club receives TV money every year and there isn't much difference between finishing 2nd and 1st. There won't be any random "cash injection".

Here you go sizzlechest
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/08/l ... -spending/

I fail to believe that you actually read that. It clearly states that the rebate that broadcasters are due will be spread out over time so each club will get the money they were due for this season.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:49 am

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/08/l ... on-a-free/

If he isn't being offered a deal then he should be sold rather than be let leave on a free. 
It's ridiculous the amount of players we allow to walk for free when we could have got something in exchange.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:57 am

Some are suggesting that signing Thiago could be an alternative to signing a 4th choice CB. 4th choice CB is a bit of a tricky one as it’s not a position that you rotate so you are waiting for 2 injuries to get game time so having anyone decent and keeping them happy is a challenge. So effectively Fabinho would become the 4th choice CB and Thiago would give us the extra option in midfield. Interesting theory.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:04 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:49 am wrote:https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/08/latest-update-on-gini-wijnaldums-future-suggests-he-could-leave-on-a-free/

If he isn't being offered a deal then he should be sold rather than be let leave on a free. 
It's ridiculous the amount of players we allow to walk for free when we could have got something in exchange.

Wijnaldum hasn't had a renewal since he joined 4 years ago so must be someway behind our top earners. He's been instrumental in our success and is one of Klopp's most used players. Considering he's 30 in November he probably wants to make sure he get's the contract he deserves both in term of salary and length. I'm sure something will be agreed in the end as he's a player who relies on his footballing intelligence so he'll have plenty more to offer over the coming years.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:03 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:49 am wrote:https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/08/latest-update-on-gini-wijnaldums-future-suggests-he-could-leave-on-a-free/

Wijnaldum hasn't had a renewal since he joined 4 years ago so must be someway behind our top earners. He's been instrumental in our success and is one of Klopp's most used players. Considering he's 30 in November he probably wants to make sure he get's the contract he deserves both in term of salary and length. I'm sure something will be agreed in the end as he's a player who relies on his footballing intelligence so he'll have plenty more to offer over the coming years.

Shocked to hear that he is still on the deal he signed on with.  As you rightly pointed out how valuable he has been as well so the lad is bound to feel undervalued especially as everyone else has had a new one.

Still if he is not signing then they have got to move him on now just like Bayern are willing to do with thiago. They know he wont sign so is essentially forcing their hand. 30mil is the price being floated. He is similar in age to Gini and Gini is a better player in my book.

I might be wrong but doesn't player amortization include something like a sell on value at the end of each contract and if they walk for free it goes down as a loss. Other clubs can spend what they want but we can't so losing revenue like this is pointless.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:07 pm

All the journalists connected to the club have said there have been talks with Gini so I'm sure there is an offer on the table. Most likely there is a disagreement about length of contract which is quite common when a player Gini's age. I'm guessing the club are offering him 2/3 years and he's asking for 4/5. Would surprise me if they didn't eventually come to an agreement but Gini might fancy going on a free next summer and in doing so securing a much higher wage in what is likely to be his final big contract as a player.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:15 am

Cool Hand Luke » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:07 pm wrote:All the journalists connected to the club have said there have been talks with Gini so I'm sure there is an offer on the table. Most likely there is a disagreement about length of contract which is quite common when a player Gini's age. I'm guessing the club are offering him 2/3 years and he's asking for 4/5. Would surprise me if they didn't eventually come to an agreement but Gini might fancy going on a free next summer and in doing so securing a much higher wage in what is likely to be his final big contract as a player.

This is why I thought we entered talks with 2 years to go so the player isn't tempted to hold out for a big payday or at least if he is we have the time to act. The closer he gets to that date the less likely he will be to sign.  Milner got a 2 year extension and he's 33 so don't think its an age thing or length of contract.  Gini at least deserves to be on a par with those around him so hopefully it gets sorted soon.

In other news, has anyone seen the new away shirt yet ?.. Probably the worst Liverpool jersey I have ever seen  :laugh: . Not a fan at all.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:32 am

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/08/w ... year-deal/

Apparently we have agreed terms with Thiago  :eyebrow
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:01 am

I read somewhere that he found a house in Liverpool
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:55 am

red till i die!! » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:15 am wrote:
In other news, has anyone seen the new away shirt yet ?.. Probably the worst Liverpool jersey I have ever seen  :laugh: . Not a fan at all.

F*ck Me ! just seen the away kit  :angry: , a kind of turquoise blue with black trim ! surely any shade of blue is just f*cking totally unacceptable  :angry:
Nike can just ***** off, hopefully fans avoid it like the plague.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Eagle » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:35 pm

Record first day sales for both home and away shirts. Some of us might not like them but I'm guessing a £30b sportswear giant know what they're doing.
Eagle

Postby supersub » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:01 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:55 am wrote:

F*ck Me ! just seen the away kit  :angry: , a kind of turquoise blue with black trim ! surely any shade of blue is just f*cking totally unacceptable  :angry:

It apparently replicates the colour of the liverbirds
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:52 pm

Putting aside that it's blue, I don't think it looks that bad actually. But yeah, our kits should definitely not be blue.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:17 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:55 am wrote:

It’s Teal the same colour as the Liverbird on top of the Liver Building - same teal that is also in the badge on a number of shirts over the years.

We have had lots of shirts with a blue or green in it over the years

It’s also proved to be very popular with the youngest fans

For a club that’s self sufficient why would you want fans to avoid buying it ?!
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill