Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:22 pm

We've been linked with a young Brazilian kid called Talles Magno. He's valued at £18m and capped at under 17 level. Also linked with Sarr from Watford.

I think we're just buying cover this summer.. I think we'll save the Mbappe signing until next year.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:44 am

It’s looking a bit ominous re City in the CL, I really hope they don’t win it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:52 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:It’s looking a bit ominous re City in the CL, I really hope they don’t win it.

Yeah think they have a good chance of it myself but would rather see them lift it over Barca. Watched their game last night and they are sickening to watch. Messi is so lazy and cheats like feck to compensate for it. That penalty he won was ridiculous, never going for the ball just looking for contact to go down. Football is a contact sport but you can't jump into a lad from behind like that when he's going to play the ball. The ref shouldn't have given it imo but he was consistent as he awarded Mertens one for similar which Barca didnt like.

Really hope they don't win it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:16 pm

Apparently we've moved to our next backup LB target, Kostas Tsimikas from Olympiacos, and have offerd £14m for him. Saw a few youtube videos from him and looks like another Moreno to me tbh.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:13 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:52 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:It’s looking a bit ominous re City in the CL, I really hope they don’t win it.

Yeah think they have a good chance of it myself but would rather see them lift it over Barca. Watched their game last night and they are sickening to watch. Messi is so lazy and cheats like feck to compensate for it. That penalty he won was ridiculous, never going for the ball just looking for contact to go down. Football is a contact sport but you can't jump into a lad from behind like that when he's going to play the ball. The ref shouldn't have given it imo but he was consistent as he awarded Mertens one for similar which Barca didnt like.

Really hope they don't win it.

I'm hoping Bayern win it, however, I feel City have got their name on it this season.

Both Spanish clubs are on the decline, dominance in UCL will be passed over to EPL.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:22 pm

Re Tsimikas, apparently it's a done deal, £11-12m the sum. Welcome to the club I guess.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:26 pm

Apparently Coutinho is close to signing for Arsenal, on loan.
Since leaving us his been prostituted from one club to another.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:32 pm

redshade » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:26 pm wrote:Apparently Coutinho is close to signing for Arsenal, on loan.
Since leaving us his been prostituted from one club to another.

Thought I read he wasn't going to make a decision until the CL is over...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:36 pm

damjan193 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:22 pm wrote:Re Tsimikas, apparently it's a done deal, £11-12m the sum. Welcome to the club I guess.

I read an article on Twitter which shows his stats are pretty OK, but he does play in the Greek League after all...
I don't know enough about Jamal Lewis to say if he would be a better buy or not, but either way we are hellbent on bargain basement purchases. And there 'appears' to be a push from the board to sell Naby if we're serious about Thiago.... Which to me makes zero sense at all.
Meanwhile the filth below us is getting stronger with some pretty impressive signings.
bunglemark2

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:01 pm

Any talk of selling Naby to fund Thiago is ***** being drummed up by German Journos
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:23 am

I thought Gini was leaving and Thiago could be his replacement. I wouldn’t sell Naby unless crazy money is offered (unlikely), he’s learning English and more settled in, i think he will have his best year this year.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:25 am

We’re in a different position to our competitors. Our squad has been pretty stable for a while and since losing Coutinho in January 2018 and Can in the summer of 2018, we haven’t lost any players who were actually getting notable game time.

City losing the likes of Kompany, David Silva and Sane, has left gaps in the squad they need to fill. Similarly, Chelsea have lost the likes of Luiz, Hazard, Willian, Pedro and Morata. So I’m not surprised they are scrambling around trying to bring in a bunch of players.

The only gap we have in the squad at the moment is a CB after Lovren’s departure. Beyond that, I think it’s a case of surgically identifying better players for those that will depart.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:46 pm

Just read that LFC is set to get a cash injection of £175m for winning the league, TV rights or something like that?
Anyone else read that?
If true, there can be no argument for not buying a couple of players, and whatever we get in player sales.
bunglemark2

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:13 pm

bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:46 pm wrote:Just read that LFC is set to get a cash injection of £175m for winning the league, TV rights or something like that?
Anyone else read that?
If true, there can be no argument for not buying a couple of players, and whatever we get in player sales.

No idea what you're talking about but every club receives TV money every year and there isn't much difference between finishing 2nd and 1st. There won't be any random "cash injection".

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:49 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:13 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:46 pm wrote:Just read that LFC is set to get a cash injection of £175m for winning the league, TV rights or something like that?
Anyone else read that?

No idea what you're talking about but every club receives TV money every year and there isn't much difference between finishing 2nd and 1st. There won't be any random "cash injection".

Here you go sizzlechest
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/08/l ... -spending/
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill