Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:08 am

red till i die!! » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:48 pm wrote:That Scobie has everything fecked up everywhere  :down: It looks like its going to be around for at least the rest of the year.  :down:

Probably right
Last edited by kazza on Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:53 am

red till i die!! » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:30 am wrote:
kazza » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:02 pm wrote:Reading in multiple sources that we agreed a 4 year deal for Alcantara

Being reading a lot about it myself in the last few days.

Do we really need him though. If you have a look at his stats they aren't that great. 3 goals and 2 assists last season. Unless we are losing one of fab, Gini, hendo or naby then I don't see how he will fit in.

We have Hendo and Gini as our allocation of mature midfielders, and I'd be very happy to keep both. I don't see why we need this lad. Ok he replaces Milner but I thought naby, Minime and youngsters coming through ticked that particular box? Same lads also replace Lalana.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:46 pm

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... r-22553875

If Koeman comes looking then Gini's off I reckon.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:05 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:46 pm wrote:https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gini-wijnaldum-liverpool-thiago-transfer-22553875

If Koeman comes looking then Gini's off I reckon.

That might explain those rumours about him being reluctant to sign a new contract.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:41 am

I think Gini has been reluctant to sign a contract with us for a while now, long before Koeman was appointed for the Barca job. I'm not sure why though, does he think we're not offering him enough money or what? Also, why would he want to go to Barcelona right now, that club is in shambles at the moment.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:32 am

Barcelona are an ageing side who have already brought in a 30 year old midfielder this summer. They'd be mad to bring in another who turns 30 in 3 months but you wouldn't put it past them!
Eagle

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:10 pm

Extremely reliable German journalist Raphael Honigstein on Thiago to Liverpool: “It’s not done – negotiations can only start after the Champions League – Liverpool want to be seen to be doing everything by the book – and that’s why we haven’t seen any official confirmation that they’re in for him. But, it’s possible.”
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:25 am

Rumours that Leeds are lining up a bid for Origi
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:43 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:25 pm wrote:Rumours that Leeds are lining up a bid for Origi

With his derby goals, his goals against Barcelona, his goal in the CL final etc etc Divock has written himself into our history books but unfortunately the lad is not quite good enough to lead the line for us every week. Somewhere like Leeds would be a great move for him imo, they are a massive club, in fact when I was a kid Liverpool v Leeds was the biggest game in the English footballing calendar.
Leeds were Yorkshire’s version of Man United in the sense that at a time when people tended to support their local team they drew support from all over Yorkshire and indeed the country.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:18 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:43 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:25 pm wrote:Rumours that Leeds are lining up a bid for Origi

With his derby goals, his goals against Barcelona, his goal in the CL final etc etc Divock has written himself into our history books but unfortunately the lad is not quite good enough to lead the line for us every week. Somewhere like Leeds would be a great move for him imo, they are a massive club, in fact when I was a kid Liverpool v Leeds was the biggest game in the English footballing calendar.
Leeds were Yorkshire’s version of Man United in the sense that at a time when people tended to support their local team they drew support from all over Yorkshire and indeed the country.

Origi was never here to lead the line for us every week mate, he was a backup player in case some of our main forwards are unavailable. Now I have no problems offloading him if he feels it's time to move on for regular game-time, or if the club feels it's the right time to sell him, but he also needs to be replaced. I hope we're not planning on replacing him with Brewster, the lad just hasn't proven that he's good enough yet, even as just a backup.

IMO it was a big mistake not going for Werner. I know that he would have cost us a lot of money but quality doesn't come cheap nowadays. Players like him cost even more than what Chelsea paid for him, in todays market. I think we will end up regretting not getting him and letting a big rival of ours to sign him instead.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:45 pm

Should we be worried that Chelsea have a open Chequebook this summer?

Werner, Chilwell and Ziyetch are 3 very good signings.. And if they sign up Havertz, Thiago Silva and Mallang Sarr they could have a unbelievable side next season.

I know we were unbelievable quiet in last years transfer window which was a shock considering we'd just won the UCL and had become a very attractive club to join.. I'm just hoping we don't fall asleep again in this window and let our rivals close the gap.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:21 pm

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/08/l ... the-table/ 

Bascombe is saying there is no new contract for Gini beyond next year so looks like he was never offered one in the first place.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:06 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:45 pm wrote:Should we be worried that Chelsea have a open Chequebook this summer?

Werner, Chilwell and Ziyetch are 3 very good signings.. And if they sign up Havertz, Thiago Silva and Mallang Sarr they could have a unbelievable side next season.

I know we were unbelievable quiet in last years transfer window which was a shock considering we'd just won the UCL and had become a very attractive club to join.. I'm just hoping we don't fall asleep again in this window and let our rivals close the gap.

IMO Chelsea are title contenders. We are the league champions, have the best defence in the country and were playing at home but Pulisic tore us to shreds back in July, he was only on the pitch 20 minutes as well. At one point he pretty much slalomed through our entire defence (and half of our midfield as well). If he’s doing that to us at Anfield what is he going to do to the lesser lights in the division?
Chelsea’s defence isn’t great and I can see teams scoring against them but a bit like us in 2013/14 I think they’ll just over run teams. Pulisic and Werner are going to be a right handful, no doubt about it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:11 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:45 pm wrote:Should we be worried that Chelsea have a open Chequebook this summer?

It's definitely worrying to see our rivals strengthening, and what irks me is that more than half of those players are players that have been on our radar as well and who would have most likely prefered to come to us had we made an offer than go to Chelsea for example. Missing out on Werner is something we'll definitely regret IMO.

On the other hand, I'm happy that Chelsea aren't doing much to improve their weaknesses defensive wise, which was always their major problem to begin with, and without a proper defence I can't see them mounting a proper title challenge.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:25 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:21 pm wrote:https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/08/liverpool-may-sacrifice-gini-wijnaldum-for-thiago-with-no-new-contract-on-the-table/ 

Bascombe is saying there is no new contract for Gini beyond next year so looks like he was never offered one in the first place.

This whole saga has made zero sense to me from the start. I never understood why Gini would want to leave, and I also don't understand why we don't want to offer him a new contract, whichever may be the case neither makes sense to me. Especially if it's us that want him to leave. I could understand signing Tiago as a quick replacement to Gini if he wants to leave himself, but to deliberately want to make the switch makes absolutely no sense to me. And letting him run down his contract and leave on a free is by far the worst and most illogical outcome, especially as we're always hearing about how we need to sell first in order to buy etc.

Hope he just signs a new contract for the next 3 or 4 years and we're done with it, but that's the most unlikely scenario unfortunately.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill