Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:16 pm

If Gini goes then it'll be to Barca this summer. And if we bring in Thiago then he'll go with my blessing...as long as we get a decent fee.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:18 pm

I see Phil Thompson, Charlie Nicholas and Matt Le Tissier are leaving Soccer Saturday. Not exactly earth shattering news I know but they did rather become familiar faces on a Saturday afternoon, I can remember Thompson appearing alongside the likes of George Best and Rodney Marsh on the show so he went back a long, long way.
Time and tide stand still for no one I suppose.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:54 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:18 pm wrote:I see Phil Thompson, Charlie Nicholas and Matt Le Tissier are leaving Soccer Saturday. Not exactly earth shattering news I know but they did rather become familiar faces on a Saturday afternoon, I can remember Thompson appearing alongside the likes of George Best and Rodney Marsh on the show so he went back a long, long way.
Time and tide stand still for no one I suppose.

I'm a bit gutted, used to build my Saturday "lunch" around laughing along with these fellas. Sad to see them go  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:59 pm

Daily Express is saying Thiago is a done deal at £28m
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:29 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:59 pm wrote:Daily Express is saying Thiago is a done deal at £28m

Unless it's Paul Joyce with the news, which it isn't, then you can ignore it.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:52 am

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer ... n-22597006

Where do they get this stuff from  :laugh: Unhappy that Henderson and Salah get more praise than he does  :laugh: Thinks he would win more individual awards at Barca  :laugh:

But, according to Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo, he feels a switch to the Nou Camp would help him win individual honours.

Mane is also allegedly irked by his perception that teammates Jordan Henderson and Mohamed Salah earn more plaudits than he does for Liverpool's success.

If I was Mane I would be having my day in court for that.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:40 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:52 am wrote:https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-news/liverpool-star-sadio-mane-open-22597006

Where do they get this stuff from  :laugh: Unhappy that Henderson and Salah get more praise than he does  :laugh: Thinks he would win more individual awards at Barca  :laugh:

But, according to Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo, he feels a switch to the Nou Camp would help him win individual honours.

Mane is also allegedly irked by his perception that teammates Jordan Henderson and Mohamed Salah earn more plaudits than he does for Liverpool's success.

If I was Mane I would be having my day in court for that.

To be fair he seems the most likely to want to leave but I think Spain is much more a racist country than England so I’m not sure the grass will be greener there for him. He probably will enjoy the 10 degree warmer weather though, hopefully we dont lose him as he is integral to our system.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:02 am

Reading that Manchester United are trying to Hijack the Thiago deal. Not really suprised to be honest.. Probably offer more than £30m aswell which will kill any deal for us.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:16 am

Express saying we put a 90million price tag on Mane
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:17 pm

kazza wrote:Express saying we put a 90million price tag on Mane

It's been reported on most sites now. 90 is a bit cheap imo but we are probably desperate for the money.

He will be a massive loss for us and if Gini goes as well then so does any hope of retaining the title.

If they want out then slap a deadline on it or Barca can do one and sell to someone else.
We cannot let this drag on till the window closes and then whinge about no time to get replacements.

This whole situation could get dirty if it drags on. If mane is already citing stuff like leaving to win for personal awards then he will eventually down tools and we have a coutinho situation all over again.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:01 pm

I can't believe someone would want to go to Barca right now. Especially not if you've been a part of a team that has humiliated them recently.

Anyway, I'm not against moving on any of our forwards as long as we have a good replacement lined-up. I mean, I would prefer if they all stayed, but if a good chunk of money is offered for someone who is almost 30, I really couldn't blame the club for opting to sell. Having said that, 90 million is a bit low. Barca paid around 120m Euros (around 110m pounds) for Griezmann last season, who was the same age as Mane is right now, so there's no reason we shouldn't ask for the same price.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:26 pm

Why would we deal with Barca when they still owe us money for Coutinho? If they want Mane then we should put a £120m price tag on his head and for them to pay all the money upfront.

Then let's go out and break the bank for Mbappe.. Surely with having a 5 year netspend of £105m and the huge Nike deal, we surely have the money for a blockbuster signing.

Apart from Mbappe I couldn't name a forward who's better than Mane who could improve us.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:33 pm

Along with VVD Mane is the last player I’d want to see leave.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:36 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:33 pm wrote:Along with VVD Mane is the last player I’d want to see leave.

Agree with this.

If there is any truth to the rumour then we are going backwards.

We should be buying a plan B type attacking player to add to the three we have- I have mentioned Traore (Adama, not the second coming of Djimi  :grinning: ) in previous posts.

Selling to buy is exactly what we did in the wilderness years. The last thing we need is to go that route again.

All our main rivals are showing they mean business - we are very quiet - far too quiet for my liking.

Success was always buying / building for the future while we were on top. That is exactly the blueprint we need to follow now,

We have the pull of being EPL champions , recent CL winners and the best Manager in the world in Klopp (with only one other guy in the discussion)

If we can't buy /attract quality now, when will we?
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:54 pm

Lol we haven't put a price on Mane's head. If you believe we're trying to sell him you need to have a word with yourself and if you think we're trying to sell him for £90mil you've lost the plot. Can't see any of the front 3 leaving this year but some clubs might start their charm offensive on Salah and Mane this season with the view to getting them next summer. Squad has been pretty settled now for 2 and half seasons but players sometimes fancy a change having won everything and also a final massive contract. My money would be on Salah as he's marketing gold so very appealing to the likes of PSG and Real Madrid.
Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill