ALEX OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:35 am

He’s just a good guy but he is also a brilliant footballer. Hope he travels to Barca. I would like to see him involved. His football brain could be very useful. He deserves to play a part in this season after a thoroughly horrible year. Scoring the winning goal in the CL final would do for me !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:27 pm

Along with shakiri, he’ll be a bit of an ace up our sleeve won’t he, especially in the CL league when legs get tired...

I hope I’m wrong because he’s a great guy and killer talent, but I don’t think he’s a long term prospect here due to being made of glass. I hope he can at least stay fit long enough to help us win something come May...
Franky000

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:42 am

His pace and drive in the middle of midfield is devastating and hard for teams to get to grips with.. We have loads of energy in midfield that will run all day long but Ox adds something different, his running takes players out of position and opens up gaps for our attackers. He was a nightmare for City last year and his drive was one of the reasons we put them out of the Champions league.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:57 pm

Thought he struggled last night big time with his fitness. He looked absolutely shattered at H.T and no surprise he came off.

Being honest I was expecting a bit more from him. I know he is coming back off a bad injury but he was being eased back into it as far back as April and has had a full pre-season under his belt but could barely muster 45 minutes.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:46 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:57 pm wrote:Thought he struggled last night big time with his fitness. He looked absolutely shattered at H.T and no surprise he came off.

Being honest I was expecting a bit more from him. I know he is coming back off a bad injury but he was being eased back into it as far back as April and has had a full pre-season under his belt but could barely muster 45 minutes.

Think it was a combination of being played out of position and the humidity. Apparently, it was really hot and that might explain why most of the team struggled.

That said, I've never seen Ox play well when he's filing in for Bobby. He's always better in midfield.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:53 am

7_Kewell » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:46 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:57 pm wrote:Thought he struggled last night big time with his fitness. He looked absolutely shattered at H.T and no surprise he came off.

Think it was a combination of being played out of position and the humidity. Apparently, it was really hot and that might explain why most of the team struggled.

That said, I've never seen Ox play well when he's filing in for Bobby. He's always better in midfield.

How long are we going to use that old nugget 'returning from injury'? Honestly, for me, the jury is still out on Ox.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:13 pm

He will always be coming back from that injury. Already ooking like he did at Arsenal where he was unavailable for half of their matches.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:03 pm

Thought he played really well today. Put in a real shift for the team and is backtracking saved our @ss on a couple of occasions too.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:07 pm

bunglemark2 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:53 am wrote:
7_Kewell » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:46 am wrote:

How long are we going to use that old nugget 'returning from injury'? Honestly, for me, the jury is still out on Ox.

Jury for what ?! He was excellent before his injury and it was a severe injury to come back from - showed his class today
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:41 am

I wouldn’t say he was excellent before his injury but he was in a good vein of form. AOC for me has a great engine, speed and power but technically he is no way near any of our attacking players (which is a tall order). I think he should be a replacement for one of our midfielders as he shares similar traits than to be a replacement for one of our attackers who link up much better. He is a good “English style player” that gives power, speed and passion, not so much slick movement with or without the ball and high technical abilities. I think AOC is a good solid player but not stellar.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:49 pm

He was a good impact player pre injury so let's hope he regains form.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:55 pm

There is a bit of noise atm about him getting a new contract which is strange. He's contracted till 2022 and we have the option of another year so why are they offering him one now ?. He has done feck all imo to even warrant talk of a new deal never mind actually giving him one. He's not even a regular starter either.

Sense would be to see how he gets on this season before making such a move because there should be concerns about his fitness and availability.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:27 pm

The club have already given him a new contract - extended it by a year to cover the year he was away injured - believe it was Klopps idea - shows how good a man Manager he is and how he acts with the players

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... l/49442173
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:31 pm

If we are lucky we might get 20 games/year from him...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:56 pm

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain suffers ankle ligament damage, Jurgen Klopp confirms

Chris Bascombe   24 DECEMBER 2019

Liverpool midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain faces another spell in rehabilitation after it was confirmed he suffered ankle ligament damage in the Club World Cup final.

Manager Jurgen Klopp says the 26-year-old will be unavailable ‘for a while’, and although he offered no specific timeline for recovery, his downbeat update underlined the setback.

He is certainly not going to around for the festive period, and an injury of that nature usually takes a minimum of six weeks to recover - although that is still be confirmed.

“With Oxlade the ankle is probably what we expected - you have three ligaments on the outside of the ankle and one of them is damaged, we will see how quickly we can fix that,” said Klopp.

“I had a similar injury myself, though it’s many years ago, and it can take a while. Or be quick we will have to see.
“He has no chance for Thursday - there is no chance of this year that Ox will play, and we  will have to see have quickly it will settle.”

Although Fabinho, Joel Matip and Dejan Lovren are making progress, they too will be missing for the Boxing Day trip to Leicester City.
It means Liverpool enter a challenging period with their squad stretched to its limit. Virgil Van Dijk and Joe Gomez remain the only fit centre-backs.
Klopp, meanwhile, has welcomed Carlo Ancelotti to Merseyside following his appointment at neighbours Everton.

Ancelotti is the only coach to have beaten a Liverpool team managed by Klopp this season, and the German joked his friendship with the Italian will now be tested by the local rivalry. The teams meet in the FA Cup in January.

”I like him a lot – I liked him a lot,” said Klopp.

“It's typical in this business to have friends and with him the relationship was always kind of special. We will meet a couple of times in the year probably more than we are used to but that's all. I'd love to say I wish him luck....Oh it's Christmas, come on, I wish him luck”
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion