ALEX MANNINGER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:02 pm

Liverpool Football Club have today completed the signing of goalkeeper Alex Manninger on a free transfer, subject to international clearance.

The 39-year-old has put pen to paper on a short-term deal with the Reds following his departure from FC Augsburg at the end of last season.

Upon signing his contract with the club in the United States, Manninger told Liverpoolfc.com: "Honestly, it was a surprise. After these years, in Italy and the last four years in Germany, I hadn’t given up, I hadn’t said ‘that’s it’, I still waited for the phone call.

"When Liverpool was on the phone, it was a great pleasure for me to take it on because it gives me what I was looking for. This is the moment I was waiting for until the end.

"I’ve still got something left, for sure, but obviously it’s probably not the time for me to push for the next three or four years to get a place in the goal. Because time says it’s not possible to play 50 games a year. But if I’m called up, I’m definitely there for games, I will play. And I’ll definitely be in the changing room every game, giving my input; I hope, even if it’s only a couple of per cent, it will do the rest."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-t ... -manninger
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:43 pm

NOT ANOTHER AM  :wwww
Welcome to LFC Alex!
YNWA
  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:09 pm

johnbarnes » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:43 pm wrote:NOT ANOTHER AM  :wwww

YNWA

I see what you did there, very good  :laugh:  :laugh:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:00 pm

welcome to the club I suppose  :oh:

Doubt he will get much playing time unless Mingolet is off or Klopp is trying to freeze him out.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:25 pm

Welcome to the club. This guy spent almost his entire career as second/third choice keeper  :laugh:
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:40 pm

He probably won't get much game time but from what I have read clubs in England can no longer recall u21 goalkeepers from other English clubs, I believe JK called this a no brainer and it does make sense
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion