All new official Klopp thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red Rum » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:22 pm

devaney » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:44 am wrote:Exactly what did you expect him to say?

could've been a bit more constructive, like explaining what has gone wrong with our performances, capitulting under pressure, and why we have just sqaundered a 7 point lead!?

Theres still pressure on us to win being the chasers as City play on a Saturday and we play on a Sunday this month, so they could be four points clear with a win Saturday, meaning we have to win to keep pace.

The manager must be panicking a bit now, after being 7 points clear, and now a point behind? I reckon Klopp is like a bowl of Jelly.  :wwww
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:43 pm

Don't see what the problem is really and certainly not why people are questioning his tenure if we don't win the league. He was given a few players to mount a title challenge and he has  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:24 pm

We're definitely stronger squad wise than twelve months ago, when we only had Ings and Solanke on the bench in the run in and champions league, if you remember!?

I just question Klopps judgement in some games, and his team selections, or the players he leaves out.

The midfield line up is different from one game to the next.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby kazza » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:06 am

Red Rum » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:24 pm wrote:We're definitely stronger squad wise than twelve months ago, when we only had Ings and Solanke on the bench in the run in and champions league, if you remember!?

I just question Klopps judgement in some games, and his team selections, or the players he leaves out.

I cannot see how you can question Klopp so far. We have only lost one match all season and we are one point behind a team that has spent over 1billion on players aside from the hundreds of million they spend on salaries including their famed manager. The fact it is even close he deserves all respect. Expectation should not change the facts, we have become a very good side that i will guess will not be a one season team but compete for a while. I think if he does something there is a reason and I am happy to yield he knows best.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:47 am

kazza » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:06 am wrote:
Red Rum » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:24 pm wrote:We're definitely stronger squad wise than twelve months ago, when we only had Ings and Solanke on the bench in the run in and champions league, if you remember!?

I cannot see how you can question Klopp so far. We have only lost one match all season and we are one point behind a team that has spent over 1billion on players aside from the hundreds of million they spend on salaries including their famed manager. The fact it is even close he deserves all respect. Expectation should not change the facts, we have become a very good side that i will guess will not be a one season team but compete for a while. I think if he does something there is a reason and I am happy to yield he knows best.

Of course we can question Klopp that's the whole purpose of those boards...
I agree we are having an amazing year (results wise..Performance is another thing) ,however i do feel we haven't made progress in integrating lads like Shaq and Keita into the team and having them contribute in what we all see is our weakest link. (Creativity in the MF)...At times i felt Klopp didn't field our Best 11 and reverted to his old loyalties ,i as a whole don't like his subs either the timing nor the players he picks...So while we are having an incredible year their is room to improve and for to Klopp to improve on his own personal weakness.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:58 am

kazza » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:06 am wrote:

Yes but we have drawn seven matches, which is almost as bad as a defeat. City have lost FOUR and are still top. Still room for improvement.

I don't think Klopp knows his best Midfield line up yet, hence the reason why he was changing it from one game to the next.

Klopps third season and we need to win some silverware this time.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:31 am

Silverware is important and long overdue so even if we don't lift anything this year Klopp has still done a good job. The team has progressed in the League and again in the latter stages of the CL so, while Klopp can be frustrating its hard to argue with the results gained through those methods. This is the way he has managed ever since he came here and I doubt he is likely to change now.

Fair enough we aren't playing the same exciting stuff we did last year but at the same stage we are 13 points better off, Scored the same amount of goals at 68  :oh: but conceded half the amount with 17 versus 34 last season. Our G.D is + 54. I would gladly take 8 more 1 nil wins and I couldn't care less if we put everyone to sleep while doing so  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:40 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:31 pm wrote:Silverware is important and long overdue so even if we don't lift anything this year Klopp has still done a good job. The team has progressed in the League and again in the latter stages of the CL so, while Klopp can be frustrating its hard to argue with the results gained through those methods. This is the way he has managed ever since he came here and I doubt he is likely to change now.

Fair enough we aren't playing the same exciting stuff we did last year but at the same stage we are 13 points better off, Scored the same amount of goals at 68  :oh: but conceded half the amount with 17 versus 34 last season. Our G.D is + 54. I would gladly take 8 more 1 nil wins and I couldn't care less if we put everyone to sleep while doing so  :nod

This
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:56 pm

IF (and a big if) we don't win anything this year, at least the team will grow and get used to be knee deep in a dogfight with arguably the best ever team assembled in the Premier League era and it will sustain us when we get into similar position again next season. This is where real supporters matters. I can certainly entertain this brand of failure (like in our CL campaign last season) than to be fighting for 5th or 6th position, 30 points off the top or be deep in a four way battle for the remaining CL spots every season. Enjoy and fully embrace this challenge...we are not funded by the dirty oil money but we are the envy of most football fans in the land and across Europe and beyond
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 07, 2019 11:51 pm

Klopp's words to BT Sport 10 mins after the final whistle   :buttrock

"I said to the boys before the game that this is impossible, but because it’s you, it’s possible...it’s 10:10pm, so most kids are in bed, these boys are f*cking mentality giants. It's unbelievable.

"The whole game was too much. It was overwhelming. We played against maybe the best team in world. Winning is difficult but winning with a clean sheet, I don’t know they did it. It’s unbelievable.

"I saw James Milner crying on the pitch after the game. It means so much to all of us. It’s the best phase of football.'
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Wed May 08, 2019 12:03 am

We have to go on and win this now for this to have any meaning. Losing again in Madrid is unthinkable.

Especially if we miss out on the league title. I'd rather have a European Cup to my name anyhow. This is the holy grail, as once described by Ruud Guillut.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Wed May 08, 2019 1:29 am

Klopp will get his first trophy with us this season i guarantee it!!!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:16 am

Red Rum » Tue May 07, 2019 11:03 pm wrote:Especially if we miss out on the league title. I'd rather have a European Cup to my name anyhow. This is the holy grail, as once described by Ruud Guillut.

Really? Believe me I’d love to win ol’ big ears, but the prem would top that easily...I have a sneaky feeling though we’ll bag both  :;):
Franky000

Postby Boocity » Wed May 08, 2019 11:46 am

Franky000 » Wed May 08, 2019 1:16 am wrote:
Red Rum » Tue May 07, 2019 11:03 pm wrote:Especially if we miss out on the league title. I'd rather have a European Cup to my name anyhow. This is the holy grail, as once described by Ruud Guillut.

Really? Believe me I’d love to win ol’ big ears, but the prem would top that easily...I have a sneaky feeling though we’ll bag both  :;):

Like your confidence
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 08, 2019 1:09 pm

A League Cup Final, Europa League Final and 2 CL Finals in 3 and a half years? Plus 90 odd points in the League? Even if he doesn't win a trophy FSG need to get their @rses into gear and tie him down for life, we are not going to get a better manager than him, we're just not.
Trophy or not what he has achieved in this petro dollar era is just phenomenal, Bill Shankly famously said I was made for Liverpool and Liverpool was made for me, in other words club and manager were a perfect fit, I think the same can be said of Jurgen and this club, he is a footballing romantic in a sport full of spivs and cold eyed cynics and let's face it this club runs on emotion on mythology. Jurgen is made for this club and we are made for him.
If he goes through some bad times so what? Shankly went through some bad times but the club stood by him and were rewarded, I bet Dortmund wish they would have stood by him. Let's not make the same mistake they did.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion