ALEX OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:21 pm

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first- ... -liverpool

Oxlade-Chamberlain’s own recuperation from multiple ligament damage to the knee is on course, with Klopp buoyed by what he has seen from the Liverpool midfielder so far and hoping he will return to the pitch this term.

“He is closer than Rhian. He is on a very good way,” added the boss.

“But last time [I spoke about it] I think I put a bit of pressure on the medical department but when I see him running, moving with the ball and all the stuff – which he is all doing already – it looks really good, promising, close to a return.

“But, in the end, it’s so long out, [since] April against Roma – what a situation.

“It will be fine; it looks completely without any problems in the moment, no swellings anymore. He can really work already on his fitness issues, which he’s had for a long time. I think we will see him this season.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:23 pm

Towards the last hurdle when everyone will be knackered it will be Ox job to run his bollox off.

I really hope we see him feature and make an impact even if he gives us atleast 8-10 games.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:50 pm

Great to hear he is nearly back to full fitness. He gives our Midfield that extra zip that we need. He showed last season he's not afraid to get forward and have a shot on goal. That's what I thought Keita would bring this season but it hasn't really happened for him.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:16 pm

Liverpool: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain could make comeback on Friday

By Mandeep Sanghera  BBC Sport  1 hour ago 6th March 2019
Liverpool's Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain could return to action for the Under-23s against Derby County on Friday after almost a year out with injury.

The England midfielder, 25, has been sidelined since April 2018 with a knee ligament injury suffered in the Champions League semi-final against Roma.
Oxlade-Chamberlain returned to first-team training in February. A decision on whether he plays at Derby will be taken this week.
Oxlade-Chamberlain was included in Liverpool's squad for the Champions League knockout stages when it was named in February.
Liverpool are one point behind Premier League leaders Manchester City with nine games of the season remaining.
The Reds play the second leg of a last-16 Champions League tie at German club Bayern Munich on 13 March following a 0-0 draw at Anfield.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:28 pm

That’s good news. I’ve watched some of the mini derbys in the past and they tend to be more blood and thunder than the real thing! So I’m glad he didn’t play last night. Klopp said last week that Ox is doing about 70% of normal team training so hopefully he’ll get a couple of appearances for the U23s and return to 100% training and then be ready for the bench sometime in April.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:00 pm

Pig Catcher » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:28 pm wrote:That’s good news. I’ve watched some of the mini derbys in the past and they tend to be more blood and thunder than the real thing! So I’m glad he didn’t play last night. Klopp said last week that Ox is doing about 70% of normal team training so hopefully he’ll get a couple of appearances for the U23s and return to 100% training and then be ready for the bench sometime in April.

You're right about the mini derbies, I watched last nights one and there was a terrible tackle on Ben Woodburn, the lad didn't even get booked for it.
I'm made up for Alex, the big question will be will he still have that dynamism that he had before his injury? To be fair Joe Gomez had a bad ACL injury and didn't seem to lose any pace etc but other players (i.e Martin Kelly) did lose a yard after doing their cruciate.
I've got my fingers, toes and everything else crossed for Alex because not only is he a cracking footballer who we have definitely missed this year but he comes across as a cracking lad as well. He was not only developing into one of our best players last year he also became an unofficial spokesman for the club, he was as good with a mic in his hand as he was with a ball at his feet.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:37 pm

Great News. He should be back in time for the Champions League Qtr /semi finals. Right where he left off last season. (if we make it).

One of the few midfielders who can actually score a goal.

Had he been fit in the summer to start the season, I feel Lallana would have been sold last summer.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:54 pm

Great news! We really need Ox back in the side. I just hope he gets firing quick because my worry is after that lay off if may take time for us to see the Ox of last season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:16 pm

It's unrealistic for people to expect the Ox to have an impact on the end of the season. We won't see the best of him, whatever that might be post injury, until the autumn.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:00 pm

Pig Catcher » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:16 pm wrote:It's unrealistic for people to expect the Ox to have an impact on the end of the season. We won't see the best of him, whatever that might be post injury, until the autumn.

This
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:44 pm

Ox played played for u23s and was subbed before half time. They say could be hamstring injury but was taken off as a precaution....
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:56 am

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain gives Liverpool injury scare as midfielder is taken off in under-23 comeback

Liverpool midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's return to competitive action after 11 months out with a knee injury ended prematurely.

The England international was scheduled to play 45 minutes in the under-23s' Premier League 2 match at Derby but was taken off four minutes before half-time as a precaution.

Oxlade-Chamberlain had been holding his right hamstring a few minutes earlier and, it is understood, Liverpool were not prepared to take any risks in his return from serious knee ligament damage sustained last April.

The 25-year-old had shown some nice touches during the time he was on the pitch, especially one low crossfield ball to the left wing with the outside of his right foot and another 50-yard diagonal with his left which was instantly controlled by Ben Woodburn.

However, it was very much a performance of feeling his way back in as he kept himself out of any trouble and there was little in the way of driving runs from midfield for which he is associated with.

Having been taken off just before the break, he took the five-minute walk back to the changing rooms with a physio during which time he happily posed for photographs with fans. When asked how he was, Oxlade-Chamberlain said: "Yeah, all good."

After the 3-1 victory Liverpool's Under-23s coach Neil Critchley said of the midfielder's problem: "He obviously had a bit of an issue but hopefully it is nothing major.

"The bonus for him is it is not his knee, he is delighted there are no problems with that. He was enjoying himself and was happy to be back playing. What was good was he was sensible and came off quickly. I think he handled that situation well."

Critchley praised the influence Oxlade-Chamberlain brought to the game in the short time he was on the pitch.

"I've never met him before and you can see he is a bubbly, positive person and you could see he was enjoying playing again and he brought a calmness and maturity to our play," he added.

"The lads were delighted to play with someone like that. We sometimes forget they just love playing football and I think it was exciting for Alex to put his boots, shin pads and kit back on, feel like a kid again and it was great to see him out there playing."

Oxlade-Chamberlain is likely to be assessed by Liverpool's medical staff on Saturday but manager Jurgen Klopp had already moved to play down his comeback before he even took to the field, saying he was unlikely to feature until after the international break at the very earliest.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:15 am

At least its not his knee..
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:16 am

Telegraph: The loudest ovation, though, came with the return of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, a year and two days after he suffered multiple knee ligament damage in the Champions League semi-final against Roma.

The midfielder came on as a second-half substitute and looked good, sharp and even went close to scoring after a surging run, only for his low shot to be poked away by goalkeeper Jonas Lossl with an outstretched leg.

Welcome back The Ox!

This =>  https://www.facebook.com/LiverpoolFC/vi ... 113234281/
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:22 am

Looked sharp
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion