Red Star B v Liverpool 6/11 17:55

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:58 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:48 pm wrote:

What makes it worse is the most expensive player in Red Stars side cost £2m, most of their team cost less than a million.
Apparently that victory on Wednesday was their first ever win in the CL proper and when you consider that the CL has been going since 1992 it kinda puts it into perspective.

Thought I’d read that this is the first time they’ve been in the group stages of the Champions League. We should not be losing like that but they have a pretty formidable record at home which now includes drawing 0-0 with the 2nd best team in Italy and the 4th best team in the PL.

What’s disturbing is the nature of the defeats in the last two CL away games. We were terrible against both Napoli and Red Star.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:25 pm

only me » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:47 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:10 pm wrote:Milner is normally garbage in Europe as well. Lallana isn't up to the required standard, and Hendo...FFS !

The midfield, when all fit has to be something like:

Keita/Shaqiri     Fabinho    Wjnaldum

Milner while not the most talented player out their is a fearless warrior and a leader for the team so show some respect!

f*ck respect ,albeit from City with arguably the best DM in Europe in Fernandinho tell me another team with top four or title aspirations who field a 32 year old in practically every f*cking game ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:43 pm

only me » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:47 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:10 pm wrote:Milner is normally garbage in Europe as well. Lallana isn't up to the required standard, and Hendo...FFS !

Milner while not the most talented player out their is a fearless warrior and a leader for the team so show some respect!

No!!!

Just offload the dead wood please Jurgen. Let's put in cheeky bid for De Bruyne. After all he is an LFC fan, and we gave City sterling.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:46 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:43 pm wrote:
only me » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:47 pm wrote:

No!!!

Just offload the dead wood please Jurgen. Let's put in cheeky bid for De Bruyne. After all he is an LFC fan, and we gave City sterling.

Fvcking no chance of that happening
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Milner has actually had a good start to the season until he got the knock

And his age is irrelevant when he has fitness levels of a guy mid 20’s
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:28 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:56 pm wrote:Milner has actually had a good start to the season until he got the knock

Milner has stamina but he is very one paced, he doesn't win many foot races and at 32 I wouldn't expect him to.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:29 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:56 pm wrote:Milner has actually had a good start to the season until he got the knock

When a journeyman like Milner is your best player then you know problems are afoot.

A lot of fans have expressed concerns with the dearth of expressive/expansive football ,genpressing and link up play involved in our successes,at best ,although we've gained three points the wins have been hollow victories.

We murdered teams last season with our movement and City this season have evolved even further along than that and its not just them ,Arsenal have adapted well under Emery and have developed a real verve with their fans by playing some beautiful football ,Chelsea look composed like a well oiled machine and are passing the ball around with real intelligence and Spuds with Ali and Errikson back in the starting eleven are starting to click.

Its only ourselves who are stuttering and regressing ,if the manager doesn't make the right decisions pertaining to the personnel in the next few weeks then it will be a season full of trepidation at meeting any of the above and you can include f*cking United and the Bitterz in that list.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:48 pm

How the hell can be regressing when we have had our best ever start to a Prem League season and still unbeaten playing four of our rivals 3 away from home

Let’s wake the hell up a little here shall we - yes we aren’t blowing teams away because there has been a little sacrifice to keep the team a bit more solid and not throw away silly points .

We have made strides forward - to suggest we have regressed is complete bonkers , Klopp and the players are just searching for the right balance

Blimey you would think we were mid table behind the bitters the way some are reacting - get a bit of perspective ffs
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:10 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:48 pm wrote:How the hell can be regressing when we have had our best ever start to a Prem League season and still unbeaten playing four of our rivals 3 away from home

Let’s wake the hell up a little here shall we - yes we aren’t blowing teams away because there has been a little sacrifice to keep the team a bit more solid and not throw away silly points .

We have made strides forward - to suggest we have regressed is complete bonkers , Klopp and the players are just searching for the right balance

Blimey you would think we were mid table behind the bitters the way some are reacting - get a bit of perspective ffs

Perspective ? Aren't the fears Ive just expressed called having a perspective ? Seems to me your trying to browbeat people into having the same interpretation of the game as yourself ,if that's what floats your boat fella then you go ahead ,only don't f*cking rattle the wrong cage as I don't care for the noise.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:48 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:48 pm wrote:How the hell can be regressing when we have had our best ever start to a Prem League season and still unbeaten playing four of our rivals 3 away from home

This great start you keep on going on about, last time I looked we were 3rd, we are in the mix that's all. Besides as Bill Shankly said it's a marathon not a sprint, you win nothing in November.
Let's not forget too that we are out of the League Cup and are in real danger of getting turfed out of the CL as well so things aren't going quite as swimmingly as you make out.
We've had a decent start, no more than that, and given our recent form I can understand fans being concerned.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:09 am

No wonder the place is a ghost - dinosaurs rattling around the place sucking the hell out of any sort of positivity, no doubt the mutes that fill the kop end and just whinge all the way through - the ones still stuck back in 70/80’s with no clue on modern football
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:11 am

I think the problem we is we are used to the heavy metal football from Klopp since his been here except this season. We played well, blew teams away but defensively struggled. Klopp knows that we need to keep it tight and maintain our players energy levels so i guess he has had to sacrifice his style abit.

We've got the players to take us forward in midfield but for some reason they have not linked yet.
Three new player to reshape our midfield who Klopp is trying to gel into the side.

Fabinho/Keita and Shaq in the middle imo are the link for us to propel.

Milly, Hendo, Wij can be used as rotation when required or when the others need a breather.

I really want to see our new 3 lads given a go in the middle.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:47 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:09 am wrote:No wonder the place is a ghost - dinosaurs rattling around the place sucking the hell out of any sort of positivity, no doubt the mutes that fill the kop end and just whinge all the way through - the ones still stuck back in 70/80’s with no clue on modern football

Where as you are some sort of great sage who knows everything about football? lol.
And as for trying to portray the Kop end as some sort of bastion of great support  :laugh:
And we're the ones stuck in the 70's!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:54 am

redshade » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:11 am wrote:I think the problem we is we are used to the heavy metal football from Klopp since his been here except this season. We played well, blew teams away but defensively struggled. Klopp knows that we need to keep it tight and maintain our players energy levels so i guess he has had to sacrifice his style abit.

We've got the players to take us forward in midfield but for some reason they have not linked yet.
Three new player to reshape our midfield who Klopp is trying to gel into the side.

Fabinho/Keita and Shaq in the middle imo are the link for us to propel.

Milly, Hendo, Wij can be used as rotation when required or when the others need a breather.

I really want to see our new 3 lads given a go in the middle.

I don't think our current style of play is part of some tactical master plan mate, you can see Klopp's face on the sideline, he is a concerned man atm. He knows we are not playing well.
All we can do is hope the team clicks into gear which we will do at some point.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:02 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:47 am wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:09 am wrote:No wonder the place is a ghost - dinosaurs rattling around the place sucking the hell out of any sort of positivity, no doubt the mutes that fill the kop end and just whinge all the way through - the ones still stuck back in 70/80’s with no clue on modern football

Where as you are some sort of great sage who knows everything about football? lol.
And as for trying to portray the Kop end as some sort of bastion of great support  :laugh:
And we're the ones stuck in the 70's!

So far this season I have struggled to see you post anything positive and instead it’s the constant droning moaning especially just focusing on one area - by doing it you give a free ride to others that have bad games.

It’s all on the up yet some want to stay in the depths of the negativity that started when that owl face fraud arrived
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games