Fixing our attack - what needs to be done?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:24 pm

Many times I've noticed when our attack is in a good position on the counter we fumble with a poor pass.
I feel our front three have lost sync to an extent.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:35 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:01 pm wrote:We need to play the players we brought in to improve the side and the manager needs to f*cking leave them there ,Fabinho ,Keita ,Shaqiri need to be integrated fully,all this accommodating Milner with a place in the first eleven on his current form is starting to grate now ,he's not good enough technically and he's taking us backwards. I mean for f*ck sake he was dropped whilst at City because the manager knew he couldn't adapt to the teams quick passing game and yet we're failing to see the glaring deficiencies in his game and would much rather point the finger at Lallana or Henderson.

I genuinely despair every time I see his name inclusive in our first eleven.  :(

What galls me even more is the headlines' Milner rips into Liverpool players over performance in Serbia' when the 90 mins he contributed was woeful ,he gave the ball away on 12 occasions failing to find a player with a simple pass ,one that was directly responsible for their goal and his aimless long balls over the top were a source of constant irritation..........WAKE THE f*ck UP !!!! We're playing football to suit his game and I genuinely believed after the performance in the Champions League final we would sift out those culpable for that inadequate display.

Yep I agree, for better or for worse the likes of Shaquiri and Keita need to be incorporated into the starting XI, it's plainly obvious now that the front 3 need help.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:58 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:35 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:01 pm wrote:We need to play the players we brought in to improve the side and the manager needs to f*cking leave them there ,Fabinho ,Keita ,Shaqiri need to be integrated fully,all this accommodating Milner with a place in the first eleven on his current form is starting to grate now ,he's not good enough technically and he's taking us backwards. I mean for f*ck sake he was dropped whilst at City because the manager knew he couldn't adapt to the teams quick passing game and yet we're failing to see the glaring deficiencies in his game and would much rather point the finger at Lallana or Henderson.

I genuinely despair every time I see his name inclusive in our first eleven.  :(

What galls me even more is the headlines' Milner rips into Liverpool players over performance in Serbia' when the 90 mins he contributed was woeful ,he gave the ball away on 12 occasions failing to find a player with a simple pass ,one that was directly responsible for their goal and his aimless long balls over the top were a source of constant irritation..........WAKE THE f*ck UP !!!! We're playing football to suit his game and I genuinely believed after the performance in the Champions League final we would sift out those culpable for that inadequate display.

Yep I agree, for better or for worse the likes of Shaquiri and Keita need to be incorporated into the starting XI, it's plainly obvious now that the front 3 need help.

I personally cant believe we would  drop fabinho ,the one player who truly showed his capabilities in the first encounter ,Red Star never got a kick with Fabinho on the pitch ,he won everything and is obviously a player tailor made for European football and yet we keep him on the bench whilst Milner was allowed to continue with an error strewn performance. I honestly believe the manager views the Champions League as a hindrance to a title challenge ,how else can you explain his ridiculous team selections. I mean Matip mate ,why else would you even contemplate breaking up the only partnership in our team that's working if not out of disinterest  ??? I hope to God I'm wrong but its not looking good and it will show the manager in a very different light if his selections have any bearing on our failure to break out of the group.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:24 pm

Agree with the calls for Fab to be played week-in, week-out.  He looks a little rattled against Arsenal, but for the most part he's improved with each appearance.  Think niggling injuries have prevent Keita from playing more.

But I blame our midfield rather than our attack....we've lost the middle ground in both the previous two games and that needs fixing ASAP.  I expect to see a very different line-up against Fulham and a much better performance.

Onwards and upwards!  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:06 pm

Our front three just need a kick up the asss
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:26 am

Ghost of Shankly » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:06 am wrote:Our front three just need a kick up the asss

+1

Get narky, all our best players have been narky buggers.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:11 pm

The front 3 are not the biggest problem. I mean, Salah has been feeding off long balls down the line from Trent. The midfield is a bigger problem. It’s why Klopp spent about £100mil on two of them, and wanted to spend £50mil on another one. We’ll have to be patient while Fabinho and Keita bed in and Klopp and recruitment team secure an AM for the first team. The front 3 are not making the same runs they were when Coutinho was here because the likes of Henderson, Gini and Milner are not that good at moving the ball forward through the middle of the pitch. Fabinho looks as though he can do it and Keita of the last 2 seasons is actually excellent at it. Things will get better but it may take some time.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:28 pm

The front three scored a hell of a lot more goals once Coutinho left last season

Everyone seems happy to go at the midfield with full barrels and yet the front three get a free pass - sorry but they have been inconsistent at best - missed chances all season , played countless poor final balls , poor link up play and at times a lack of urgency and energy

The platform is there for them but they aren’t playing consistently well yet
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:50 pm

What they did last year was miraculous and covered up major deficiencies in our midfield. To expect them to repeat what they did last, when they carried the team for large parts, is unreasonable. There is a reason Klopp wanted to spend £150mil on a new midfield.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:33 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:28 pm wrote:The front three scored a hell of a lot more goals once Coutinho left last season

Everyone seems happy to go at the midfield with full barrels and yet the front three get a free pass - sorry but they have been inconsistent at best - missed chances all season , played countless poor final balls , poor link up play and at times a lack of urgency and energy

The platform isn't there for them though, our midfield only dominates the ball against the no hopers of this world, any half decent team (i.e Leicester) and our midfield struggles to stamp their authority on the game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:48 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:28 pm wrote:The front three scored a hell of a lot more goals once Coutinho left last season

Why do you continually make an apology inclusive in your retorts ? Please stop,its annoying and you sound like the wife. I'm sorry but I will have to disagree there ,I'm sorry but I took the dogs for their walk not you ,I'm sorry but I think you have my mother all wrong and the best one of all, I'm sorry but didn't Liverpool play on Saturday :glare:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:55 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:33 pm wrote:

The platform isn't there for them though, our midfield only dominates the ball against the no hopers of this world, any half decent team (i.e Leicester) and our midfield struggles to stamp their authority on the game.

The platform is there and every single game they have had chances to win every single game we have played so far but they haven’t taken those chances - it’s not fair or correct to continually point fingers for the front not taking their chances - even on Tuesday we should have been 2 up before they scored but Sturridge missed an open goal and poor final balls from Mane threw away others.

The midfield do need to chip with goals and to get control and it’s a shame we have missed Henderson and Kieta in the last couple of weeks.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:25 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:55 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:33 pm wrote:

The platform is there and every single game they have had chances to win every single game we have played so far but they haven’t taken those chances - it’s not fair or correct to continually point fingers for the front not taking their chances - even on Tuesday we should have been 2 up before they scored but Sturridge missed an open goal and poor final balls from Mane threw away others.

The midfield do need to chip with goals and to get control and it’s a shame we have missed Henderson and Kieta in the last couple of weeks.

The way we are set up we are overly reliant on the front 3 to win games for us and to be fair to Mo, Sadio and Bobby this system does ask a lot of them, out of the XI players we generally start games with only those 3 mentioned are primarily attacking players, the others do get involved in attacks but their primary role is to stop the opposition playing.
If City's front 3 just had yeoman like Fernandinho and Delph behind them instead of Fernandinho + 2 creative players i'm sure they wouldn't be as prolific as they are.
IMO our front 3 need help, we need to get at least 1 AM sitting in behind them in Coutinho's old position, I'm not a fan of Lallana but he was stuck out wide on Tuesday, it's very difficult to be a Dalglish/Beardsley type schemer out there.
We need to find a midfield pairing who can hold the fort like Fernandinho does for City allowing us to play the extra man (be that Shaquiri, Lallana or whoever) behind the front 3.
Wether that pairing is Keita/Henderson, Keita/Fabinho, Fabinho/Wijnaldum, Keita/Wijnaldum or whatever, we desperately need to find one.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:15 am

Yup i agree Shaq can play off our front three with Keita and Fabinho stabilising the centre. Keita has the tendency to go back and forth so he can also intermingle with our attack when needed.

Fabinho    Keita

Shaq

Salah                 Mane
         Firmino

That is the way forward.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:31 am

redshade » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:15 am wrote:Yup i agree Shaq can play off our front three with Keita and Fabinho stabilising the centre. Keita has the tendency to go back and forth so he can also intermingle with our attack when needed.

Fabinho    Keita

Shaq

Salah                 Mane
         Firmino

That is the way forward.

I'd go for that, we need to stir it up a bit.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion