Fixing our attack - what needs to be done?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:45 pm

The lack of positivity on this forum is bewildering. Joint TOP OF THE LEAGUE and we actually have posters suggesting that we are playing GARBAGE. That is nothing short of laughable. Let's face it levels of expectation were ridiculously high and if we don't bang in four or five goals a game then out come the whingers. Our defence has been nothing short of supreme this season this season and it is certainly about time they took the pressure off our attack. I accept that we don't have the most exciting midfield in the world but only a fool would suggest that both Gini and Milly haven't been effective this season.

Did anybody moan when Chelsea won a lot of game 1-0 and played some very dull football when they won the league.

The lads upfront together with the new players will get it right. Any chance of a bit of patience......
Last edited by devaney on Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:29 pm

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the attack .... our tactics early on suggest that maybe Klopp is going for a slow boil over the course of the season to preserve energy levels in hopes of mounting a sustained title challenge.

Our fans will never be happy though unless we’re smoking teams out of their holes and winning 8-0 every week
Franky000

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:27 pm

devaney » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:45 pm wrote:The lack of positivity on this forum is bewildering. Joint TOP OF THE LEAGUE and we actually have posters suggesting that we are playing GARBAGE. That is nothing short of laughable. Let's face it levels of expectation were ridiculously high and if we don't bang in four or five goals a game then out come the wingers. Our defence has been nothing short of supreme this season this season and it is certainly about time they took the pressure off our attack. I accept that we don't have the most exciting midfield in the world but only a fool would suggest that both Gini and Milly haven't been effective this season.

Did anybody moan when Chelsea won a lot of game 1-0 and played some very dull football when they won the league.

The lads upfront together with the new players will get it right. Any chance of a bit of patience......

It's a strange one. The reason this topic was started is that some fans can see we are not playing that well, but still Joint top. 

I suppose it will click into gear shortly, and we will start spanking teams.

Last seasons start was similar, we were pretty poor.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:46 pm

They’re clearly not paid enough.

I’m bored when we lose, I’m bored when we don’t win.

It’s a jail sentence being a Liverpool fan.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:42 am

Ghost of Shankly » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:27 pm wrote:
devaney » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:45 pm wrote:The lack of positivity on this forum is bewildering. Joint TOP OF THE LEAGUE and we actually have posters suggesting that we are playing GARBAGE. That is nothing short of laughable. Let's face it levels of expectation were ridiculously high and if we don't bang in four or five goals a game then out come the wingers. Our defence has been nothing short of supreme this season this season and it is certainly about time they took the pressure off our attack. I accept that we don't have the most exciting midfield in the world but only a fool would suggest that both Gini and Milly haven't been effective this season.

It's a strange one. The reason this topic was started is that some fans can see we are not playing that well, but still Joint top. 

GOS - It was actually you in the match thread who stated that we played garbage !! And now you are actually comparing how we’ve started this season with last season. Well just for the record after 8 matches last season we had been thrashed by City (away) and drawn with the mighty Watford, Newcastle, Burnley and a very poor United !! We had a goal difference of 1 and 13 points. We were 9 points behind City and 7 points behind United. After 9 games our position got worse as in match 9 we got thrashed by Spurs and we were 12 points behind City and we had a goal difference of -2 !! WE ARE CURRENTLY JOINT TOP OF THE LEAGUE WITH 20 POINTS AND A GOAL DIFFERENCE OF 12. You do not achieve that by playing poorly. The only points we have dropped this season are to Chelsea away and City at home which given the way Chelsea and City are playing is no disgrace.

Our attack has not been as sharp so far this season but our defence has been immense with us only being scored against 3 times in 8 games. Gini and Milly have also played a very important part.There are 11 players in the team and everybody has a job to do. It is ridiculous to think that we can go out and thrash every team and score a handful of goals. Everybody eulogised about our attack last season. Well I for one think it is time we did the same about our defence and stopped bandying idiotic words like GARBAGE around to describe the teams performance.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:19 am

devaney » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:42 am wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:27 pm wrote:

GOS - It was actually you in the match thread who stated that we played garbage !! And now you are actually comparing how we’ve started this season with last season. Well just for the record after 8 matches last season we had been thrashed by City (away) and drawn with the mighty Watford, Newcastle, Burnley and a very poor United !! We had a goal difference of 1 and 13 points. We were 9 points behind City and 7 points behind United. After 9 games our position got worse as in match 9 we got thrashed by Spurs and we were 12 points behind City and we had a goal difference of -2 !! WE ARE CURRENTLY JOINT TOP OF THE LEAGUE WITH 20 POINTS AND A GOAL DIFFERENCE OF 12. You do not achieve that by playing poorly. The only points we have dropped this season are to Chelsea away and City at home which given the way Chelsea and City are playing is no disgrace.

Our attack has not been as sharp so far this season but our defence has been immense with us only being scored against 3 times in 8 games. Gini and Milly have also played a very important part.There are 11 players in the team and everybody has a job to do. It is ridiculous to think that we can go out and thrash every team and score a handful of goals. Everybody eulogised about our attack last season. Well I for one think it is time we did the same about our defence and stopped bandying idiotic words like GARBAGE around to describe the teams performance.

Napoli was the only pure garbage we played this season....having said that Yes we were very effective in getting the score and collecting points but our performance is at times disjointed and weak spots are pretty obvious to spot...We have the squad we have the players all we are saying use them ffs.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:04 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:25 pm wrote:
Why are you going on about days gone by - zero relevance to the game now.

And not working ? Have you seen the table ? Have you seen the games we have had to play - we just battled through a tough period in the league and came through unbeaten.

What did people expect from City and Chelsea ( the only two teams we dropped points against) ?

Yes I have seen the table, if the league finished today we'd be 3rd, whatsmore there is just 2 points separating the top 5 sides so all our 'great' start has done has put us in the mix with 4 other teams.
Our recent form is a concern, we were beaten at home by Chelsea, scraped a draw with a last minute wonder goal at Stamford Bridge when Chelsea were the better side, got taught a football lesson by Napoli and then barely created a chance of note against a City side missing their best player at home at the weekend.
After spending near £200m we actually look more disjointed than we did last year, the one big plus is obviously the defence/keeper but if we want to genuinely challenge for the title we need to up our game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:14 pm

Napoli was the only pure garbage we played this season....having said that Yes we were very effective in getting the score and collecting points but our performance is at times disjointed and weak spots are pretty obvious to spot...We have the squad we have the players all we are saying use them ffs.[/quote]

We're getting the right results, but we are NOT playing particularly well, other than our defence which with Gomez and VVD at the back has generally been solid thus far.

The term "garbage" is what I am referring to the quality of our midfield and our finishing in front of goal. We lost to Chelsea in the Carabo Cup, but we SQUANDERED about four decent chances, so we really shouldn't have lost that game.

We have no Stephen Gerrard quality of players in our midfield, Keita has dissapointed so far,Fabinho has not even played, and I suspect a midfield of Wjnaldum, Hendo and Milner will NOT win you a league title or a champions league over a whole season.

Our defence is tighter and more solid now, we have a good keeper, but it's just our midfield that needs tweaking.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:04 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:25 pm wrote:
Why are you going on about days gone by - zero relevance to the game now.

And not working ? Have you seen the table ? Have you seen the games we have had to play - we just battled through a tough period in the league and came through unbeaten.

What did people expect from City and Chelsea ( the only two teams we dropped points against) ?

Yes I have seen the table, if the league finished today we'd be 3rd, whatsmore there is just 2 points separating the top 5 sides so all our 'great' start has done has put us in the mix with 4 other teams.
Our recent form is a concern, we were beaten at home by Chelsea, scraped a draw with a last minute wonder goal at Stamford Bridge when Chelsea were the better side, got taught a football lesson by Napoli and then barely created a chance of note against a City side missing their best player at home at the weekend.
After spending near £200m we actually look more disjointed than we did last year, the one big plus is obviously the defence/keeper but if we want to genuinely challenge for the title we need to up our game.

1. We lost of Chelsea in the League Cup playing a second string team and they needed to bring on their superstar to win the match , we had plenty of chances to win it

2. In the league match against Chelsea we created enough chances to win the match and could have easily walked away with three points - Chelsea weren’t the better side

3. We played poorly against Napoli - it happens you move on

4. City are our main rival - they created even less than us , but we still had chances to win that

We are unbeaten - this time last season we were already out of the title race - i suspect this time last year you must have been on suicide watch

Spent £200mil ? No we didn’t - we spent around £150mil which included a big amount on the GK , and the purchase of Keita. We don’t look disjointed - we look very solid defensively which was an issue last season but the front are just currently below par.

We have improved immeasurably since this time last season and the table shows that but Christ I suspect you would find the doom and gloom in anything.

We are challenging for the title right now - it’s as simple as that - we are right in there. We have moved forward each season under Klopp - so put away the pills , the rope , the knife and just stop being so bloody negative and see what’s in front of your face - a team and a manager genuinely going for the title.

Christ you must have sucked the life out of the forum with your negativity- it’s depressing
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Pills, ropes and knives what the hell are you going on about? I'm sure everyone here is able to cope emotionally with someone pointing out that the team isn't playing that well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:49 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:42 pm wrote:Pills, ropes and knives what the hell are you going on about? I'm sure everyone here is able to cope emotionally with someone pointing out that the team isn't playing that well.

You are depressing as Sh*t , unbelievably negative about the team and the club - if someone didn’t look at the table and read your posts you would think we were cast a drift at the bottom of the table we no hope. You turn everything into a negative , you appear unable to see any positive and it’s depressing as f*ck - did yours , that’s ghost bloke and only me depress everyone off the forum. It used to be full of people looking for the positive in everything even under Woy now - it’s enough to want to just give up reading the negative stuff
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:16 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:49 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:42 pm wrote:Pills, ropes and knives what the hell are you going on about? I'm sure everyone here is able to cope emotionally with someone pointing out that the team isn't playing that well.

You are depressing as Sh*t , unbelievably negative about the team and the club - if someone didn’t look at the table and read your posts you would think we were cast a drift at the bottom of the table we no hope. You turn everything into a negative , you appear unable to see any positive and it’s depressing as f*ck - did yours , that’s ghost bloke and only me depress everyone off the forum. It used to be full of people looking for the positive in everything even under Woy now - it’s enough to want to just give up reading the negative stuff

I'll leave it it makes you feel better.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:16 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:49 pm wrote:

I'll leave it it makes you feel better.

Then you miss the point entirely- Christ lighten up , enjoy the fact Liverpool right now are challenging the billionaire clubs and are in the mix - we are alongside both teams matching them - we should be enjoying it not trying to dissect the life out of it
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:20 pm

Then you miss the point entirely- Christ lighten up , enjoy the fact Liverpool right now are challenging the billionaire clubs and are in the mix - we are alongside both teams matching them - we should be enjoying it not trying to dissect the life out of it[/quote]

Hillerious you think this boards were made for us to hold hands and sing YNWA while enjoying another Hendo back pass..Geez..Social media are intended for discussions arguements sharing ideas no matter how bizarre positive or negative they are...Your style is patronizing and tyrannical to some extent..Reminder, you don't set the bar nor the terms for being an LFC fan..We all want LFC to succeed.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:43 pm

Come By Ya M'Lord
Come By Ya.
oh Lord Come By Ya!

:p

It's doom and gloom.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion