Fixing the un-fixable - Where the fook now?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 1234 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:14 pm

Mourinho loves special tradition clubs, when he go into Chelsea he just felt pressure by the owner because of that he left.

What we can offer him is the freedom and the greatest support from fan...as we are still the best fan in the world...no? look how we succeed in coming back king, without the 12th player, where were the team now.

so now, we have this voice to sack rafa out , well ...in rafa we trust some might say, but honestly rafa has made a lot of mistakes...

20 FACTS TO SACK RAFA

1)Jack Hobbs is good , Warnock is better even....and he sold them off.

2)WHY HE SOLD HAMANN in the first place?

3)Peter Crouch could worth more to us, but he still sell him off.

4)Keane should be played more often but he still sell him off. Now we don't have good finisher?

5)Hypia, must be a prophet something....he left and no one scores header for us anymore lolz !!!

6)Arbeloa is good...well, at least not too injury prone...who the hell carra scold him off...and he went to be first team for RM.

7)Alonso, Okay 30m is good deal...but Aqualani injury prone, din't they give better scouting? I think there are some players which has the ability like Aquaman right? Perhaps we can even get Ronaldinho for that price tag!!!

8) Momo sissoko, okay...at least he can head unlike masch. BETTER THAN LUCAS OK!!! at least he scores a goal before?

9) Voronin...Babel...Pennant...okay these bad apples who team don't own them? LOL alan smith for an example?

10) THE GREATEST MISTAKE RAFA DID IS.... HE FUKED OFF THE GREATEST TRAINER IN THE WORLD.

PAKO AYESTERAN..(duno spell correctly or not)

when this guy around, look how tough our team is. We are famous for possessions and toughness as team. Team hardly beat us because of what? We don't afraid of holding ball...now....one tackle then patah kaki lolz.

11) Hmm...of course...where the hell is Dossenna now? Arent he supposed to make Aquaman adapt the english culture...haha he went back home!!! and the money at least could be used for MOURINHO salary?

12) Lack of height nuffsaid. Lucas and mascherano is too short for BPL!

13) Oh yeah, where the hell is our Guthrie that has the ability to be first team in rich club as well? He sold him off for lucas? Okay, maybe Guthrie is not a good boy perhaps.

14) Bellamy, why the hell sell him off and we can't even get a decent wing since then. his attack is sharp and look how he did in Man city, okay...rafa stuborness can't control him? Laughing stock!

15) Risse, could have sell him for higher price tag. He is still red, although he scores an own goal which cost the team...

16) Steve Finnan...why he can't obey like John O shea did...even wes brown also not in first team yet they can obey SAF command when to play and when not to. man management problem?

17) Okay...previous season ppl can bla bla bla how good performance our team to climb to 2nd spot.

OH RLLLY??? how many times we came back winning in the last minute??? How many times Alonso is the saviour? making players makan red card? and don't forget that time Chelsea is facing problem, and Arsenal too. Man Utd came behind and lead us...and we lost to middlesbrough 2-0 home!!! crazy ain't? while chasing title and we lost to tottenham and middlesbrough which is the LOWEST RANK IN LEAGUE THAT TIME!!!

18) The joke about Rafa is...

He USED 80% OF THE PREVIOUS TEAM BY GERRARD HOULIER TO WIN CUPS.

ie. UEFA champion , super cup, fa cup...eh no more ady?

19) Our lucky star luis garcia gone....aih nvm la, but at least Baros shouldn't be gone??? Why liverpool never can keep players with loyatly ie. Giggs , and Scholes, Brown and Oshea...

20) OKAY...SO LIVERPOOL IS A POOR CLUB. Why the hell in the first place we have lost so many valuable players by selling them cheaply and get junk in returns, ie. Nunez? we can demand for cash!

21) Okay just one more...can't rafa make 1 right decision in this season?
20 matches and 10 win...haha...what a joke!!!

EITHER KENNY DALGISH OR MOURINHO, I WELCOME YOU !!!

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:30 pm

Scottbot wrote:No Torres for six weeks, No Benny for four and no Gerrard for two and we couldn't win a game with them in the side so what the fook does the manager try now? Please keep the Rafa out stuff in the other threads coz it completely derails everything.

If I was Rafa i'd be tempted to give a few of the kids a run, they haven't been in the fold long enough to have lost faith in his methods, they'll play without fear and if they will naturally draw the support of a disgruntled crowd.

- Young Derby (or Kelly if he can get himself fit) is a must at RB, he had a solid game at Reading in the first match (the only positive from that game) and the kid deserves a chance + as a local lad he'll get the crowd up.

- Next up Pachecho, with no Gerrard or Yossi to play in the hole this lad deserves a chance. He's been criminally underused considering our lack of adventure going forward and this teams is screaming for a player to take it on, run with the ball and show a bit of trickery.

- I'd even get young Ecclestone in the squad for the upcoming games and see what the lad is made of. The experienced players have let him down time and time again this season so why not?

- Insua needs to come out of the firing line, he's had a torrid 6 weeks and Aurelio must start ahead of him in the coming weeks.

- Give Rodriguez a chance to come in and claim that RM spot, Dirk for all his battling qualities (he's one of the few to show it the last 3-4 weeks) needs to step out or play in a two up-front. Maxi is no dribbler but he is a clever player with some skill.

A large amount of that post had me nodding vigourously in work like a churchill dog and I'm sure people think I've finally lost it in the office!!

I completely agree as like a lot of fans i love watching one of our own get a game, i know darby is from maghull but that'll do! Even the foreign players such as Pacheco must must must get a few games now and play him behind Babel with Amoo on the right and maxi on the left with Masch and Aqua in the centre. We need creativity, we need some aggression we have to fight now and we need a few local lads/youngsters in there who have something to prove and who will fight.

Change the sign to 'THIS IS FU.CKING ANFIELD!!!'

Note to Masch, teach Aqualiani how to get 'stuck in'!
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:47 pm

LFC2007 wrote:What team do we field?

Reina

Kelly/Darby   Carra        Agger        Aurelio

Maxi          Masch    Aquilani        Riera                       

Pacheco

Ngog

Whatever the case, for fecks sake get Pacheco in there. If anyone's seen him for the reserves or even in his cameos for the first team they'll know he has a lot of quality and a very good work ethic. I find it unbelievable that our best prospect in years has barely figured and he's just turned 19. I don't worry about him 'freezing' because he seems to be a 'fearless' type, chomping at the bit and honoured to play for the club. He is our best option to play in the hole by a mile, IMO. The rest pretty much picks itself for me.

I don't expect Rafa to pick that team, though. Kuyt will be in there, so will Insua and maybe even Babel.

Agree with the post and the team.

Insua has been really struggling and Aurellio needs to come back in.
If maxi and riera are fit they should both be in immediately.
None of this hard work that the players are doing that Rafa continues to talk about is working.
We need balance and creativity.
With those two out wide we might see a bit more from Aquilani as well i reckon.
Kuyt slows everything down and when the side is off form we just have loads of posession but get nowhere when he is in the side.
Pacheco i agree needs to be given a chance, he should have been in ages ago and looks good enough.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Owzat » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:09 pm

We don't have one good striker to replace Torres so throwing two at the job won't fix the problem, just means we'll end up with less possession in all probability. We need quality not quantity, of course we may well end up with N'Gog up front, Rodriguez in behind him with Kuyt on the right and either Riera (if fit) or Aurelio or maybe a new signing on the left. Mascherano can't have that much left on his suspension
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:12 pm

Keris wrote:
anti-hero wrote:4-4-2 FTW! :D

i say keep it simple for now.

Agree with this completely.
The team (maybe Rafa) tend to over complicate things with attacking overlaping fullbacks and 2 defensive midfielders, a link man and 2 attacking wingers. Hoffing the ball for the lone striker to hold up while the wingers and link midfield/striker playing the counter attack and passing it to the overlapping fullback to cross into the box.  :no

It sounds like a switch to 4-4-2 is the simple option but the truth is we've played 4-2-3-1 for so long now it's almost as if we've forgotten how to return to the tried and tested. I went the Reading game at their place and our shape was terrible playing 4-4-2 that day. I'm happy enough with us playing the same formation but the personnel needs to change.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:48 pm

Owzat wrote:We don't have one good striker to replace Torres so throwing two at the job won't fix the problem, just means we'll end up with less possession in all probability. We need quality not quantity, of course we may well end up with N'Gog up front, Rodriguez in behind him with Kuyt on the right and either Riera (if fit) or Aurelio or maybe a new signing on the left. Mascherano can't have that much left on his suspension

Less possession might not be such a bad thing... We havent been able to create enough chances or do anything meaningful with our less than impressive 'possession' lately... We lack the drive that Gerrard in particular provided last season especially on the counter.. We lacked the width that Riera provided and most importantly we lack the control of tempo in midfield that Alonso provided...

The fact that Torres isnt available simply means that we'll probably need to create many more chances than we usually do to try and score a goal... With Gerrard and Benny out its hard to see how thats going to happe in the current setup... With 2 upfront atleast the midfielders have more defined roles and it should theoretically give us a bit more of a presence atleast in term of bodies in the final third...

If the likes of Maxi and Riera are available then im pretty confident that our play down the flanks will be an improvement on anything we've seen so far this season regardless of the fitness of the 2 players..

Aquilani and Mascherano in the middle, if they can keep the ball moving when we're in possession and can cover at the back well then i see no reason why that wouldnt be an improvement on our Lucas-Mascherano or even Aquilani-Lucas pairings... Both are quality players and the pairing should be more than enough to handle an average stoke side..

The back 4 pretty much picks itself for me... Insua has been disappointing in most games this season... Drop him and have Aurelio in there... Carragher needs to be in the middle with Agger for me in every game from now on until the partnership starts picking up... Down the right i think Degen deserves a chance.. not sure about his defensive game but going forward the guy looks good.. Darby is the other option for me..

Upfront we have Kuyt, Babel, Ngog... With Pacheco being the other gamble... None of them are top strikers, and none of them would relish the lone striker role i would think.. Imo a combination of Kuyt -Babel/Ngog would be the way to go...

Oh and Mascherano is back from his suspension, has recovered from his knock and is available for Stoke from what i understand ..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:14 am

The saddest part in all this is that our only joy this season will be hoping ManU don't win the title.....
alxy

Postby Octsky » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:13 am

alxy wrote:The saddest part in all this is that our only joy this season will be hoping ManU don't win the title.....

Mathematically we are still in it.
but somethings need to be change.
I wont be surprise if a new manager comes in, using Rafa's core team and challenge for the title.
Because we still have a good team, only that the morale is bottom low.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:40 am

According to whoever puts the articles on the BBC teletext, we can't win a major cup this season so they obviously class the FA Cup, CL and Premiership as major, possibly the League Cup, but not the Europa League.

It just occured to me perhaps the players would take responsibility if the manager did, has Rafa put his hands up and admitted he's making mistakes?!? It was quite refreshing to see Strauss admit we were a bit lucky to get a draw in the South Africa series because the saffers had been on top and we'd had our backs against the wall for most of it, shame Rafa doesn't take the truly honest approach. Too reminiscent of Houllier, repeating himself as the pressure mounts and either too stupid to realise he was taking us backwards or refused to accept he couldn't do anything about it. That's why it's better if someone more objective makes the decision about the manager's future, I doubt the manager will give up the ghost
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:54 am

seriously though, no manager will ever admit he can't do the job. So expecting Rafa to come out and say he is not up for it, is very unrealistic.

You have a point about admiting to mistakes though, especially in regards to team selection, player positions and subsititutions. I have always believed these were done based on information we (fans) do not have and will never have. However as these descisions build, it is getting harder to hold to this belief.

Still I would be very suprised to hear any admission from Rafa that weakens his position. He needs to convince himself that he can turn things around, otherwise what is the point of continuing?

I really hope he can, for his sake and the club's.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:03 am

Owzat wrote:According to whoever puts the articles on the BBC teletext, we can't win a major cup this season so they obviously class the FA Cup, CL and Premiership as major, possibly the League Cup, but not the Europa League.

So the BBC have been caught lying again....we have every chance of winning a major trophy..... :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Thinkpad » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:43 pm

Seriously... Does Rafa cares about how we perform and how the fans feel?
Common, so many fans (real fans too) have been screaming for some width and less defensive stategy for years. Is he going to listen or obliged? Hell no...

It is his way or no way... Liverpool will either flourish or die with him trying his way. End of story.
Furthermore, there is so much money to be made in making the situation as untenable as possible.
He has the bird in his hand, call it either way he wins.
Guess who lose.......... Real fans will never be able to answer, they just don't have the brain cells to process this. Is it a coincidence that he signs a four year deal on the back of our best performance in the league and suddenly everything goes downhill? Yeah players do make a difference but so much?
Don't be naive... Why make a meagrel 4million when you can get it in payout of 20million? Do your maths.. (please don't if you fail in maths)..
Thinkpad

Postby supersub » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:52 pm

Thinkpad wrote:Seriously... Does Rafa cares about how we perform and how the fans feel?
Common, so many fans (real fans too) have been screaming for some width and less defensive stategy for years. Is he going to listen or obliged? Hell no...

It is his way or no way... Liverpool will either flourish or die with him trying his way. End of story.
Furthermore, there is so much money to be made in making the situation as untenable as possible.
He has the bird in his hand, call it either way he wins.
Guess who lose.......... Real fans will never be able to answer, they just don't have the brain cells to process this. Is it a coincidence that he signs a four year deal on the back of our best performance in the league and suddenly everything goes downhill? Yeah players do make a difference but so much?
Don't be naive... Why make a meagrel 4million when you can get it in payout of 20million? Do your maths.. (please don't if you fail in maths)..

forget the maths.....start with the english :D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC_fan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:13 pm

This may just be the team to face Spurs

Reina

Deggen                 carra               Agger (if fit)             Insua

Lucas                         Masch

Maxi                                                                      Aurelio

Aquaman

Kuyt

and i shudder when i think of the backup options we have on the bench in terms of attack. ngog? babel?  :help
LFC_fan

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:15 pm

Thinkpad wrote:Seriously... Does Rafa cares about how we perform and how the fans feel?

ridiculous question
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion