Fixing our attack - what needs to be done?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:54 pm

I think the issue here is that we have been winning 100% up until the chelsea league cup game so naturally fans expectations for this team are sky high. We were winning in 3rd gear too and still have 4th and 5th gear to hit. We then lost to Chelsea drew with them in the league, lost to Napoli and drew with City. Our forwards dont seem to improve and players seem to be tired. And all the concerns that fans have seem to come to fruition. Thats all there is...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:06 am

Yakka you say that you’re  pointing out that the team isn't playing particularly well and that we should all have the emotional strength to cope with such suggestions. You have always talked a lot of sense and I like reading your posts but recently you seemed to have become chairman of the whinge committee  :help You have castigated the midfield in several posts recently and whilst I accept that they are not Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano they are certainly not as bad as you suggest. Gini and Milly have both made positive contributions so far this season. I have never been a big fan of Henderson and I am pleased to see that both Klopp and the England manager have given him good reason to believe that he hasn’t quite reached the quality that is required to captain either Liverpool or England. However against City he was actually trying to be more creative than I have seen him for some time. The forwards are going through a dry spell and you know as well as I do that class is permanent and form is temporary. My biggest gripe is that you say the team aren’t playing well when it is actually the front three who are struggling. If the entire team wasn’t playing well there is no way that we would be joint top.

Liverpool FC has been a work in progress for far to long and now that we are actually progressing in the right direction it would be great to see some more balanced posts from yourself and a few others.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:18 pm

damjan193 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:41 pm wrote:To be clear, by "attack" I don't mean (just) our front three but our attacking play overall. What exactly is going on with us? Last season we had one of the best and most fluid attacks in the league (and in the world), while in this season, with the same players, we are no where near the standards we set last season. So what is the problem? Is it just a blip, or is it something more serious?

This post is a pile of Cra*p, and the Topic starter is a BRAINDEAD.

I think you need to refer to my Topic of "Why are we so WASTEFUL In front of Goal" pal before starting stupid topics like this.

Totally CLUELESS!!!!!!!!  :veryangry
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:18 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:41 pm wrote:To be clear, by "attack" I don't mean (just) our front three but our attacking play overall. What exactly is going on with us? Last season we had one of the best and most fluid attacks in the league (and in the world), while in this season, with the same players, we are no where near the standards we set last season. So what is the problem? Is it just a blip, or is it something more serious?

I think you need to refer to my Topic of "Why are we so WASTEFUL In front of Goal" pal before starting stupid topics like this.

Do you have some sort of problem ? ADHD or something like that ?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:26 am

Ghost of Shankly » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:18 pm wrote:

WTF  :laugh:
So you spent most of your time on this forum and only realise to complain about this thread now, and after posting some generic posts, AND promoting your thread instead of this one... :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:32 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:18 pm wrote:

Seek help.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:21 pm

After the international break given the fixtures we've got I'm sure the lads will kick back into gear. If they don't then God help us :D.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:44 pm

I read a journalist report who was of the opinion Klopp has sacrificed his heavy metal 100mph football to transition the team into a group that can compete over the long haul.

No more going for the jugular from KO but winning in a lower gear with a stronger DF.

Maybe the squad is adapting to that yet we are still joint top and we will save legs for the hard yards later in the campaign.

This change is Klopp evolving his style to win a PL Title and players who are accustomed to throwing knockout punches coming to terms with a different way of winning.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:59 pm

Yup watching us is evidence enough that we are playing more reserved now. It is understandable when you have the aspirations that we are pursuing. All we need is our front trio to be more clinical in front of goal.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:41 pm

damjan193 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:32 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:18 pm wrote:

Seek help.

You need not start any more topics mate, you and that "7 Kewell" whatever his name is.
My 90 year old Nan with dementia talks more sense than most in here, that's no lie :D
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:47 am

We've spent 160 million quid, no more excuses, those days are over. Goals please lads.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:57 am

I think Klopp needs to revisit his approach to our attacking play...It made sense before to play all 3 upfront where we were hunting in packs after the ball and quickly turning it to goals...
However if we are not able to do so it means we are just exposing ourselves to the opponents attack...Smart passing will cut through our front line leaving our depleted and not that talented MF to handle bigger numbers...
The way i see it their are 3 options: Drop Bobby for Shaq adding another body in MF and more options for smart plays ,Dropping Bobby to a deeper role ,Keita shows up and start playing like Keita instead of Milner/Gini..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:18 am

Firmino's passing and creativity has gone off the boil, Mane's selfishness keeps frustrating the s**t out of all of us while Salah's poor finishing keeps compounding this even further.

Klopp needs to work out how he is going to address those issues one by one. Whether its sacrificing a defensive midfielder for a more creative Shaquiri or whether he gives Sturridge more time, we will see whether he can turn this lack of form in front of goals around.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:22 am

It's very frustrating - play Shaq ffs.  Bring Danny on for the last 20 of every game.  Recall Danny Ings, call Ricky Lambert... just do something!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:01 pm

We need to play the players we brought in to improve the side and the manager needs to f*cking leave them there ,Fabinho ,Keita ,Shaqiri need to be integrated fully,all this accommodating Milner with a place in the first eleven on his current form is starting to grate now ,he's not good enough technically and he's taking us backwards. I mean for f*ck sake he was dropped whilst at City because the manager knew he couldn't adapt to the teams quick passing game and yet we're failing to see the glaring deficiencies in his game and would much rather point the finger at Lallana or Henderson.

I genuinely despair every time I see his name inclusive in our first eleven.  :(

What galls me even more is the headlines' Milner rips into Liverpool players over performance in Serbia' when the 90 mins he contributed was woeful ,he gave the ball away on 12 occasions failing to find a player with a simple pass ,one that was directly responsible for their goal and his aimless long balls over the top were a source of constant irritation..........WAKE THE f*ck UP !!!! We're playing football to suit his game and I genuinely believed after the performance in the Champions League final we would sift out those culpable for that inadequate display.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion