LIVERPOOL vs Huddersfield - Saturday 28 October 3PM KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:58 pm

It would be great to see Sturridge replicate his form from a few years ago but its wishful thinking. He just doesn't fit the system we now employ and most games he plays he is struggling to be everywhere and then make up the ground to be in a finishing position. Yesterdays goal had a massive slice of luck as it was the Huddersfield defender who laid it on for him, He finished it well but couldn't find himself in another position like that which is down to the system and poor final passes.
He has maybe a few games before he hits the bench again so its up to him how he uses that time and whether he bags enough goals so Jurgen has no other choice than to stick with him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:36 pm

Goal aside ,Sturridge was awful yesterday, his ability to move cleverly or promptly to get himself into shooting positions is all but lost ,he still retains the instinct to shoot but his positioning inside the box is far from what it used to be.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:31 am

It's great that we eventually woke up after a pitiful first half and put away the mighty Huddersfield. Considering just how poor we have been I'm amazed that we are only 4 points behind Spurs in 3rd place.Realistically though what are we going to win this year - maybe the FA Cup - CL looks virtually impossible with our squad - and as for the league we will need a minor miracle. Got to be honest I expected Klopp to have the team looking a lot stronger by now.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:58 am

devaney » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:31 pm wrote:It's great that we eventually woke up after a pitiful first half and put away the mighty Huddersfield. Considering just how poor we have been I'm amazed that we are only 4 points behind Spurs in 3rd place.Realistically though what are we going to win this year - maybe the FA Cup - CL looks virtually impossible with our squad - and as for the league we will need a minor miracle. Got to be honest I expected Klopp to have the team looking a lot stronger by now.

To be fair the year we won the CL under Rafa we looked even worse. People forget how poor some of our results in the group stages were and we only just managed to scrape through after some second half heroics in the last group game against Olympiacos. We made a right meal of qualifying. Once we were into the knockout stages though we just seemed to get on a roll.
What made that CL win even more remarkable was our poor league form, we lost 11 away games and 3 home games that season and finished the campaign on a paltry 58 points, nearly 40 points behind the eventual champions Chelsea who finished on 95. That was the year when we crashed out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle too when Jimmy Traore tied himself up in knots scoring that backheeled own goal against Burnley (who were a lower division side at the time).
If we lost 14 league games in a season these days our fans would be apoplectic!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:48 pm

Sturridge was the difference between to two dull teams and game, whereas he took his goal well and kicked the life into an average Liverpool side. The three points and the clean sheet was a major achievement out of that games.
algymoon

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games