Borussia Dortmund v Liverpool - Europa 1st leg - Thur 7 Apr

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:24 pm

eds » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:53 pm wrote:
only me » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:25 pm wrote:Great performance great result.
Still one question remain unanswered why Hendo starts before Allen???

Simple answer really.

Henderson is average.

Allen is just Sh*t.

Yes mate just don't quit your day job
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:38 pm

Tremendous result but the job is only half done. Dortmund are clearly a good side but they don't look too clever at the back to me, for the second leg I think attack may be our best form of defence.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:52 am

Great result, the Reds are getting their act together again!

Very encouraging to see Lovren and Sakho gelling, the Echo gave Sakho MOTM.

Keep going lads!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:14 am

Not sure why you guys are so pleased with the result. I would have taken 1-1 before the match. But as the match went on, we were actually easily carving their defense. Our attackers had the numbers in and around the box, but they didn't use it cleverly. Sturridge should have probably came on earlier, at least he is clever when attacking. This game, I think Sakho and Lovren shone. Their last ditch tackles and blocks probably prevented goals from BD. Our midfield was Sh*t as ever and the full backs didn't impress me defensively either. We should have won 2-1, at least there will be 2 away goal cushion. Now it's a very slim advantage. And we don't look like we can prevent BD from scoring at Anfield. Once they score one goal, our away goal advantage is gone and we may even be at a disadvantage at home because their goals will count as away goals.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:25 am

maguskwt » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:14 am wrote:Not sure why you guys are so pleased with the result. I would have taken 1-1 before the match. But as the match went on, we were actually easily carving their defense. Our attackers had the numbers in and around the box, but they didn't use it cleverly. Sturridge should have probably came on earlier, at least he is clever when attacking. This game, I think Sakho and Lovren shone. Their last ditch tackles and blocks probably prevented goals from BD. Our midfield was Sh*t as ever and the full backs didn't impress me defensively either. We should have won 2-1, at least there will be 2 away goal cushion. Now it's a very slim advantage. And we don't look like we can prevent BD from scoring at Anfield. Once they score one goal, our away goal advantage is gone and we may even be at a disadvantage at home because their goals will count as away goals.

I think people are happy with the result mate because as Jurgen himself said in his post match interview a lot of people were expecting us to go there and get beat 2 or even 3 nil, especially given the way Dortmund demolished Spurs in the last round. In fact some bookies were giving prices of 5 and 6 to 1 against us winning there last night and in a 2 horse race like a football game that's practically no hoper territory.
Going by the evidence of last night there's not a lot between the two teams at all and considering the stick our squad regularly gets and the praise that gets heaped on Dortmund our players should take quite a bit of heart from that performance.
Obviously the tie is not over by a long chalk but going into the second leg we have got a slight advantage and not many people would have predicted that before yesterday's game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:44 am

I'm happy with the result. I wrote this season off long ago so anything that is not a loss against a very good team is a bonus.

I'd have higher expectations if our team resembled Dortmund in individual quality.

Maybe the Dortmund players went easy on their beloved old manager and they will unleash in the second leg at
Ainfield ?
killerp

Postby devaney » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:01 am

The Bundesliga is weaker than the Premiership. BD are nearly 20 points clear in 2nd place !! Spurs put out a B/C team and comparing BD's demolishment of them does not add up. They are a very good team but how would they fair chasing a top four place in the Premiership.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:42 am

Dortmund as a team are not a million miles ahead of us. They have brilliant individuals who are all game changers though.. The likes of Reus, Aubameyang, Mihaktaryn, Gundogan, Hummels can all impact a game in a flick of a switch. We only really have Coutinho/Sturridge/Firmino and all three have been inconsistent in large parts of the season.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:47 am

Good result, crucial away goal.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:18 pm

more bull.sh.it coming our way

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:05 pm

The Dortmund front 3 have been scoring for fun this season and for us to shut them down like that was in itself a good achievement. I thought the team played very well but most of the credit lies with the manager for me. It was his knowledge of the club and their players that made it for us and, the plan he came up with looked to have been well drilled into the players.

Even though we came away with a slight advantage last night I thought we were poor up front and we again conceded a sloppy goal from a set piece.  We also had a slice of luck with origis goal as he was trying to curl it into the bottom right corner and it took a big deflection that sent it to the left. He played very well last night and I would like to see him start again but alongside Sturridge.

Mingolet

Clyne                 Sakho                     Lovren            Moreno

Can
                    Milner                   Coutinho                 Firmino

Sturidge        Origi

Think if we had Hummels, Reus, Mikhtaryan and aubameyang in that line up we could push for the league next year  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:34 pm

Dortmund resting Reus, Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang for their game today against Schalke.

Dortmund Manager Tuchel: "If I have to choose between the Derby & Europa League, I want to progress in the Europa League."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:37 am

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games