Liverpool V Borussia Dortmund - Europa 2nd leg - Thur 14

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:48 am

Come on Redmen, 1-1 in Dortmund in the first leg now let us finish the job at Anfield on thursday night

Off the back of an excellent 4-1 victory over Stoke, also with the fortune to be able to rest several key players, that said Dortmund also rested their biggest stars against Shalke on the weekend too

I certainly feel we have a very good chance to beat these, yes they have some outstanding players, but then again so do we

JK has a massive selection headache for this match with both Sturridge and Origi playing very well yesterday, that said I would start with the pair of them

Our defence will pick itself, the midfield too Milner, Can, Allen - Allen over Lucas for me for this match, very underated player Allen, he has a lot of experience in big matches for Wales against some of the best national teams in Europe

I guess if we do go 2 up top, who will we leave out?? Lallana ? no chance. Firmino ? possibly. Coutinho ? nailed on starter

This game and this opportunity is there for us to take, bottom line don't concede a goal and we are through to the semi finals, but that is not our JK's style

A little something to get you all in the mood...

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:50 pm

I think a different Dortmund will turn up on Thursday so I hope our players aren't assuming the hard work has all been done. Saying that I do think they looked slightly vulnerable at the back so I would start with both Sturridge and Origi but I'd only play one up top. I'd move Coutinho into the centre too, he was on the periphery of the game out wide in Dortmund.

MINGOLET

CLYNE.                   SAKHO.               LOVREN.              MORENO

CAN.               ALLEN

LALLANA.                COUTINHO.               ORIGI

STURRIDGE
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:02 pm

I like the look of that Yakka, who will be your captain with no Milner in the side ? Sakho ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:02 pm

C-R » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:02 pm wrote:I like the look of that Yakka, who will be your captain with no Milner in the side ? Sakho ?

Yeah mate, I'd give the arm band to either him or Lovren, they both come across as leadership types.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:46 pm

Rightly or wrongly I think Lallana will get it.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:10 pm

Yeah, I like Yakka's line up and formation. I've always likes Coutinho in the middle. But I'm still waiting for Coutinho and Sturridge to form the devastating partnership they had right after they arrived at LFC (2nd half of BR's first season and most of BR's second season) when Suarez was banned...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:12 pm

As for the game, we're at Anfield and we have a slight advantage, so it's all or nothing...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:21 pm

I know Firmino was a bit anonymous against Stoke and still coming off injury, but I still find it hard to leave him out.  I do like the look of that lineup so he may end up being a sub but the fact he was withdrawn around the 60 minute makes me think he may have a bigger role.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby only me » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:20 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:50 am wrote:I think a different Dortmund will turn up on Thursday so I hope our players aren't assuming the hard work has all been done. Saying that I do think they looked slightly vulnerable at the back so I would start with both Sturridge and Origi but I'd only play one up top. I'd move Coutinho into the centre too, he was on the periphery of the game out wide in Dortmund.

MINGOLET

CLYNE.                   SAKHO.               LOVREN.              MORENO

CAN.               ALLEN

LALLANA.                COUTINHO.               ORIGI

STURRIDGE

Klopp will play Milner for Daniel. He will prefer to field the Boldog over the Cheewawa.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:23 pm

I'd play Milner instead of Sturridge as well. The Origi/Sturridge partnership did look good against Stoke, but that was a different game, we had the upper hand, the game was nearly entirely on their side and Origi didn't need to do a lot of defending. Against a side like Dortmund it will be different. Who ever plays on that wing will have to do a lot of defending and tracking back, there might even be periods where he'd have to play as a second fullback rather than a winger, so I'd rather pick the safe option and go with Milner.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:00 pm

They will come for us at Anfield after a poor effort at home and we must be vigilant.

Its a huge game as the winner will be in a strong position to win the competition but for us its even bigger with the Champs League carrot there.

Games like this and winning the thing would be hugely significant for us and for a number of players futures.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:53 pm

I'm not going to lie, I thought we were going to get battered in the away leg. Now I have belief that an early goal will be enough for us to take them with counter attacks being the key.

All depends on which LFC turns up though.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:26 pm

damjan193 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:23 pm wrote:I'd play Milner instead of Sturridge as well. The Origi/Sturridge partnership did look good against Stoke, but that was a different game, we had the upper hand, the game was nearly entirely on their side and Origi didn't need to do a lot of defending. Against a side like Dortmund it will be different. Who ever plays on that wing will have to do a lot of defending and tracking back, there might even be periods where he'd have to play as a second fullback rather than a winger, so I'd rather pick the safe option and go with Milner.

I don't disagree with your analysis mate it's just that I think our best form of defence against Dortmund will be to attack, they looked vulnerable at the back to me and I think being the home side we need to get on the front foot and push them back.
Don't forget 1 goal is enough to see them go through and if we try to sit back it is going to be a long 90 minutes.
I don't think we are going to be able to eek this one out with a 0-0 at home, Dortmund aren't going to go down without a fight and I think we are going to have to out score them in an end to end toe to toe slugfest.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:26 pm

Milner, who will wear the armband, is nailed on to start but Firmino was quiet vs Stoke & looks likely to start on the bench. (James Pearce)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:23 pm

Here is the full pre match press conference

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games