Spurs vs LIVERPOOL - Sat 17th Oct 2015 KO 12.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:52 am

woof woof ! » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:27 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:00 am wrote:My guess is that these players will be nailed on starters -

Mingolet

Clyne.             Skrtel.           Sakho.           Moreno

CM.                 CM

AM.               Coutinho.             AM

Sturridge

I think the CM and AM positions are less clear, in CM you have Lucas, Can, Milner and Allen all vying for 2 places and as for AM's we have Lallana, Ibe, Origi, Texiera and maybe even Milner again doing the same.
Lallana will probably start but I wouldn't quite class him as nailed on, WHL is a tough place to go and Jurgen may choose to play Milner as one of the AM's to give us a bit of solidity.

Although I read that his preferred formation was 4-2-3-1 I can't claim to have that much knowledge on Kloppo's actual tactics at Dortmund Yakka but weren't the two positions you've got marked as CM actually DM's ? If so possibly Can and Lucas would fill them.

Line up could look like

.                               Mignolet

.    Clyne          Skrtl               Sakho           Moreno

.                 Can                        Lucas

.       Milner            Coutinho              Lallana

.                           Sturridge

That's how I think we'll line up mate but In the Echo this week it was saying that Jurgen's mantra is 'run,run,run' so it wouldn't surprise me to see someone a bit more athletic than Lucas in there (like Allen) or something like that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:51 pm

Woof is right he likes to play with two DMs so can see Lucas and can line up which wouldnt be too bad as Can is very athletic

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:53 pm

I think man for man we are better than spurs and if this game had come up in two weeks time i would be certain to pick up 3 points

If Sturridge is up by himself Coutinho has to get forward alot more

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:25 pm

I wish the manager and players the best of luck for Spurs game despite have so many players are missing. It so sad and unlucky to lose Ings & Gomez for rest of the season, they were both bright players.
I hope to get a positive result tomorrow, best of luck lads.
algymoon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:34 pm

It seems ages ago since the derby, certainly a lot longer than just 2 weeks. I suppose because so much has happened it just seems longer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:45 pm

DS may not play as he's picked up an injury in training. Not sure of the full extent, hopefully nothing serious but he will be assessed again nearer game time....(also posted in the DS official Thread)

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Eagle » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:24 pm

Sturridge out? If so I think we’ll line up something like this.

Mignolet

Clyne     Skrtel     Sakho     Moreno

Can     Lucas

Milner     Coutinho     Ibe

Origi

Subs: Sinclair, Lallana, Teixeira, Allen, Enrique, Lovren, Bogdan
Eagle

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:46 am

Team announced
                  Mignolet

Clyne     Skrtel     Sakho     Moreno

Can     Lucas

Milner     Coutinho     Lalanna

Origi

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:53 am

Sturridge situation really depressing....If I were in charge I would consider him a write off and regard it as a missing position making Benteke the only striker in the squad...January is a priority.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:00 pm

only me » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:53 am wrote:Sturridge situation really depressing....If I were in charge I would consider him a write off and regard it as a missing position making Benteke the only striker in the squad...January is a priority.

Not sure if I'd consider him a write just yet but certainly agree we need to add another striker to the current attack.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:14 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:00 am wrote:
only me » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:53 am wrote:Sturridge situation really depressing....If I were in charge I would consider him a write off and regard it as a missing position making Benteke the only striker in the squad...January is a priority.

Not sure if I'd consider him a write just yet but certainly agree we need to add another striker to the current attack.

Write off in the sense he can't be regarded as your key striker. Should be considered a backup when building a team.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:14 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:00 pm wrote:

I think part of the reasoning behind signing Firmino was his ability to fill in upfront if needed. Current pecking order imo is Sturridge-Benteke-Ings-Firmino-Origi. Seems like enough cover and you wont find many clubs in the division with more than 5 internationals who have played upfront for club and country. If we find a Martial or Sanchez/Walcott type of player who can play down the flank or upfront it might be worth considering it but I wouldnt list it as a top priority. Signing a central midfielder on the other hand...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:21 pm

Though we'd play like this (bar Origi for Sturrige), but I'm not sure if it's the best idea to make such a drastic change in formation so soon. Shame about Sturrige as well (along with the rest of the injuries) and hope it's not because of Klopp's new training regime.

Anyway, Spurs are our direct rivals for top 4 finish so I hope we can at least manage a draw.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:22 pm

aCe' » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:14 pm wrote:
I think part of the reasoning behind signing Firmino was his ability to fill in upfront if needed. Current pecking order imo is Sturridge-Benteke-Ings-Firmino-Origi. Seems like enough cover and you wont find many clubs in the division with more than 5 internationals who have played upfront for club and country. If we find a Martial or Sanchez/Walcott type of player who can play down the flank or upfront it might be worth considering it but I wouldnt list it as a top priority. Signing a central midfielder on the other hand...

Understand where you're coming from aCe BUT Ings is out for basically the rest of the season, Sturridge is odds on to pick up another injury before seasons end and I'd take a 50/50 bet that Benteke will also be out again in the next six months

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Redtribe » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:29 pm

Has anyone got a stream fo the spudz game?
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games