Juve star rubbishes reds in turin - Paul rogers (found by l-type)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:18 am

JUVE STAR RUBBISHES REDS IN TURIN
Paul Rogers 12 April 2005

Juventus star Emerson has launched a scathing attack on Liverpool less than 24 hours before the two teams meet inside the Stadio Delle Alpi in Turin on Wednesday night. 
The Brazilian international, speaking to uefa.com, rubbished Liverpool's chances of qualifying for the semi-finals, claimed Juventus were the better team at Anfield, insisted Luis Garcia got lucky with his goal and questioned the quality of the Liverpool squad.

"We were unlucky to lose in England, especially after the performance we produced in the second half," Emerson said. "They scored from a dead-ball situation and with a strike that I can't see Luis Garcia producing again in another 50 attempts. On the other hand, we hit the post, had a goal disallowed and were stopped twice by great saves from their goalkeeper.

"I am sure things will be very different for Liverpool here in Turin. We are planning to give Liverpool a taste of the same medicine we received at Anfield. Juve are one of the world's hardest sides to beat, even more so when we are playing at home, so we don't fear Liverpool. They will regret having let in that Fabio Cannavaro goal in the first leg.

"Lots of people prefer to talk about Juve's defensive skill, either in a good or a bad way, but we have enough people around able to score goals when we need them. We have Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Alessandro Del Piero and Marcelo Zalayeta who can score goals and I fancy my own chances of scoring on Wednesday too. I don't believe Liverpool can keep a clean sheet against us in Turin."

Emerson also stated that without the injured Steven Gerrard, Liverpool have very little else to worry Juve.

"Liverpool do not have a fantastic squad, but in individual terms, Steven Gerrard is an amazing player. He is very intelligent and also deceptively quick. He is their best player by a long way."
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion