Everton in the cl third round - Is it such a good thing?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedorDead » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:56 am

I have read a lot over the last few weeks about us getting Everton in the third qualifying round of the Champions league, it seems I am in the minority in praying that this doesn't happen.
I have to say at this point that I firmly believe that we would win pretty comfortably but there are many reasons I do not want to see it happen, First off they would be tougher opposition than a lot of teams we could get at that stage, they finished above last year after all. Also can you just imagine the terrible relations between the clubs if/when we won? It would be horrendous and wheras we all like ripping into the bitters I think it would get way beyond a bit of banter if we knocked them out when they will say we should never have been there in the first place.
I hope we draw someone else and i will hope to sit and enjoy watching someone else knock out Everton!!!  :buttrock
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:59 am

and another reason if we did manage to draw the bitters in the third round and by some chance they beat us we would never hear the last of it, they think cos they finnished fourth they are world beaters, anyway if we did draw them i think we would walk pass them, but i cant see us pulling them, my predictions for everton... they scrape pass the third qualify round and struggle like mad in the groups stages, im not being biassed(spelling) but thats my honest opinion.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:18 am

Agreed, I rather not play them, like a few others i like to see a European team give them a right battering.
I could see it as result which we would have lot more to lose then them.
Personally i be content if we give them a hammering in our two league fixtures
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion