Liverpool V Chelsea - EPL - Wed's 11th May 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Tue May 10, 2016 6:23 am

Last but one league game of the season, even though the league has kind of fizzled out for us it would be very nice to beat these, matches between the 2 sides are always spikey and Chelsea will be keen to avenge our win at Stamford Bridge earlier in the season

Will be very interesting to see the team sheet for this match, we beat Watford 2 nil but it wasn't completely convincing due to all those changes and a few really good Mignolet saves

Would be nice to win our final home league game, I would be tempted to start with Benteke again and maybe bring Can back into the centre

Prediction 2 - 2
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue May 10, 2016 10:29 am

Sadly Terry is banned  :laugh:  :rasp  :laugh:

Being a full week before the Cup Final we should play the 1st team as a proper run out.

These lads don't need a 2 week break, treat it as the final and see how tactics work out.

7-0 to the reds.  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 10, 2016 11:20 am

Reg » Tue May 10, 2016 9:29 am wrote:Sadly Terry is banned  :laugh:  :rasp  :laugh:

Being a full week before the Cup Final we should play the 1st team as a proper run out.

These lads don't need a 2 week break, treat it as the final and see how tactics work out.

7-0 to the reds.  :buttrock

Yeah I agree mate, I think Jurgen should play the first team as well just to keep them ticking over, a full week is plenty of time to recuperate before a final. Leave it too long and players can lose their 'edge'.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 10, 2016 1:00 pm

So please Terry's Chav career has ended in such a fitting fashion. Banned from playing...no doubt he'll turn up at Chelsea's last game in his full kit  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue May 10, 2016 2:49 pm

we have to give them a proper spanking. can't believe they've managed to sneak up to being just behind us. we really need to remind this bunch of plebs that they are not fit to lace our boots anymore

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue May 10, 2016 3:16 pm

Would definitely play our best starting 11, we can rest against West Brom. The game doesn't mean anything to either team, but it's still a derby and both teams would want to win.

I would go for the same team as against Villarreal (and I expect the same team to play in the final)
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue May 10, 2016 4:29 pm

Here is the Chelsea pre match press conference

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue May 10, 2016 6:23 pm

I have a sinking feeling they will injure one of our players especially if Costa or Ivanovich play..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed May 11, 2016 6:54 am

Hmmm, I am mixed on this one.

After watching their wind-up tactics against Tottenham I would strongly not risk a single one of our starting XI players.

They are a dirty, dirty dog of a side led by that ringmaster Costa. They have nothing to play for and will gleefully go studs into every challenge, you watch.

Too much to risk with our biggest game of the season next week and wouldn't get Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana or Sturridge anywhere near the park.

If Can hadn't been injured I wouldn't have risked him either, but he needs game time.

Play the kids and tell them they have a final chance to impress Klopp before our biggest game of the season next week.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby leeroy74 » Wed May 11, 2016 9:03 am

They're 10 point behind us and can not finish above us however they can do us a lot of damage with that dirty b@stardo Costa the mucky dirty scroat.

Smash their bus up then beat them on the pitch. ala West Ham style!

LFC 2 - 0 Chelsea
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed May 11, 2016 9:20 am

Sky sports news reporting that Diego Costa the elephant man is a serious doubt for this match, hoepfully none of our players get hurt and they simply go out without even a whimper, especially with head pit bull John Terry suspended
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed May 11, 2016 9:41 am

Good news. We still can aim for 5th if we win today and results go our way on Sunday.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 11, 2016 6:35 pm

A good performance tonight will give us a lot of momentum going into next weeks final. With it being our final home game of the season I hope everyone hangs around at the final whistle to thank Jurgen and the lads for all their efforts too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Wed May 11, 2016 7:00 pm

Tonight's staring eleven...

Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Lovren, Moreno, Can, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge.

Subs...

Bogdan, Skrtel, Smith, Lucas, Allen, Ojo, Benteke.

Chelsea team: Begovic; Azpilicueta, Mikel, Cahill (c), Baba Rahman; Fabregas, Matic; Pedro, Willian, Hazard; Traore.

Subs... Amelia, Tomori, Kenedy, Loftus-Cheek, Palmer, Pato, Abraham
Last edited by C-R on Wed May 11, 2016 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed May 11, 2016 7:03 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games