Liverpool V Chelsea - EPL - Wed's 11th May 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 11, 2016 9:55 pm

1-1
I suppose if we were due a flat, below par performance it's better to have it tonight than next wednesday. Play like that next week though and it will be Seville in the CL next year.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed May 11, 2016 9:59 pm

Im sure we will be more pumped up in the final. Performance was not all that today but glad we did not lose our final home match.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:01 pm

Fair result at the end.

Not too fussed about the draw but the performance was below par to say it mildly. As yakka said, if we play like this next Wednesday we can kiss European competition goodbye for next season. Lads looked very disinterested today, hope that won't be the case next week.

I'm glad we're seeing more and more of these heart-attack final minutes where we equalize or win the game with a late goal. Haven't seen that never-say-die attitude from us for years. That's the Klopp effect.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed May 11, 2016 11:00 pm

Come on lads you know we wont play like that against Sevilla !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed May 11, 2016 11:06 pm

No injuries so a good result. It will be a totally different performance in the final.

Will be interesting to see who Klopp plays against West Brom.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Santa » Thu May 12, 2016 12:24 am

We will be pumped and prepared for the final...can't fault today's game everyone's body & mind will be on next week and no one wants to get injured when the final is only a week away. This is sort of like a "pre-season" game
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu May 12, 2016 12:29 am

Kukilon » Wed May 11, 2016 8:21 pm wrote:If we Had any of their keepers I would be happy. We are ***** at the moment. Great before the final.

We had a choice of Bergovic or Mignolet back in 2013...myself and many here strongly prefers Bergovic but we know Brandon is gonna be Blunder  :no
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu May 12, 2016 6:01 am

c
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu May 12, 2016 6:02 am

Jk's post match press conference

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu May 12, 2016 6:34 am

i think everyone was playing with an eye on the final. no one wanted to get injured or worn out. chelsea had their last chance to gain a shred of respect for their season and went into it as a big game, and to be fair they played really well. a completely flat game for us, both from the team and the fans. i expect we'll play a mostly second string again at the weekend and i'm confident these players will be in the mood again on wednesday night.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Indian » Thu May 12, 2016 8:21 am

Santa » Wed May 11, 2016 11:29 pm wrote:
Kukilon » Wed May 11, 2016 8:21 pm wrote:If we Had any of their keepers I would be happy. We are ***** at the moment. Great before the final.

We had a choice of Bergovic or Mignolet back in 2013...myself and many here strongly prefers Bergovic but we know Brandon is gonna be Blunder  :no

Not sure if you actually watched the match but Begovic looked far worse than Mignolet on crosses yesterday.
Red Indian

Postby leeroy74 » Thu May 12, 2016 8:27 am

Begovic is as pap as Mig. Have you even bothered to look at Begovic's stats? He is woeful.

And as for all this 'Play like that next week though and it will be Seville in the CL next year' bollox, since when does a 1 - 1 draw after 90 minutes give Seville the win?

Have a word with yersen lads, this was the perfect run about pre cup final. Nothing riding on this game for either team except pride and we just drew 1 - 1 with Chelsea. Any other day of any other season and we'd of being happy with that.

Get behind the lads.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu May 12, 2016 7:07 pm

End of season home game ,and a game in which suddenly a player who has looked far from interested for the best part of a season decides to show why he's considered to be world class ,and carves out a sublime goal out of nothing. We had enough chances ,but sometimes when a player of Hazards ability deems that this will be the night he's going to sign off in his penultimate game in style there's basically fuck all you can do about it . I suppose it could have been defended better ,but sometimes you have to stand back and applaud the confidence and no little ability needed to breeze past three players and exquisitely pass the ball into the net.

Moreno was comfortably my man of the match ,as his pressing in the first half was nigh on relentless  ,other than that it was a night we played on a low burner.

The players will all know that Wednesday night is  90 mins where they can etch their names in our illustrious history ,Klopp will expect nothing less than each of those eleven selected to play the game of their lives ,it has to be one of those nights that doesn't slip into the files marked 'what could have been' .

Chelsea came to play ,their fans came to goad ,they never celebrated their goal the way it should have been ,instead they gleefully accepted the opportunity in unison to throw two fingers up to Liverpool ,because they may not admit it ,but they've been watching our slow but steady rise under Klopp and like every fan in the country been green with envy with us now having such a special manager in our dugout ,and I believe they used to know what that felt like.  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Fri May 13, 2016 2:56 pm

A win would almost have guaranteed us europa league next year and relieved preassure during the final. The only positive is that we didn't loose and got any injuries.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 13, 2016 5:31 pm

First 15 minutes I thought we were gonna murder them, after that I can't explain what happened to us .

Thought we were all over the place for large portions of the game. Lost composure and fluency, Chelsea looked by far the better side .

If we're being honest,  goal keeping error on their part gifted us a lucky draw.

No complaints however, we're still a work in progress under Jurgen.

Can't wait for next season   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games