Duff prefers liverpool! - Kerr spills the beans on winger.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby laza » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:07 am

ivor_the_injun wrote:
Big Niall wrote:Where the ****** is "Eire?", this Irish man has never heard anyone refer to such a place? ?????

What kind of Irishman are you? Eire's the real name for the Republic of Ireland.

As for Duff, he's a wonderful player that would be in my top 11 throughout the Premiership, let alone for Chelsea. If the opportunity came up again, he'd be a stunning buy. If nothing else, the £17m we didn't pay for him looks cheap next to the £14m we did fork out for Cisse.

Unfortunately that 14 million along with 15 million spent on two Africans means i doubt we will be splashing out 17 million for 1 player for quite a while
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:56 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:WE MUST PULL OUT THE STOPS TO SIGN HIM!!!

DAMIEN DUFF MUST PLAY FOR LIVERPOOL!!!

I COULDNT GIVE A SH*T ABOUT HARRY KEWELL!!!!

Unfortunatley, its not your choice, its down to Rafa.

i am aware of that
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby simic_ie » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:03 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:
Big Niall wrote:Where the ****** is "Eire?", this Irish man has never heard anyone refer to such a place? ?????

What kind of Irishman are you? Eire's the real name for the Republic of Ireland.

:Oo:

The last time I checked the Republic of Ireland was the real name for the Republic of Ireland.

Oh and Éireann is the Irish for Ireland, just for the hey of it

As for Duff, we lost out there, there is no way now we could afford him without breaking the bank..... he's worth £20+million at this stage anyway
Last edited by simic_ie on Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:01 pm

stmichael wrote:damien duff would have been at liverpool two years ago if houllier had just offered what blackburn were demanding at the time. 17m might sound like a lot of money but it's not if the player produces what he is capable of on the pitch.

thing is aswell saint, that 17 mill has been spent on loads of sh*te players. i think there's already been threads suggesting we should have invested in a few less players that maybe cost more, but were obviously world class. i know its all hindsight, but i think the fans even then would have opted for duff over 3-4 other players mostly unknown.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:29 pm

I wouldnt have thought Duff could attract the same fee now that Chelsea paid for him. He has not been a regular in the first team, largely because he gets a lot of injuries. It depends how Robben fares when he starts playing for Chelsea. If Duff feels he is not in favour then I would guess he would be looking to leave. Somehow Duff never quites looks like a Chelsea player to me. I dont know why but I think he would fit in better at a northern club. I would love to have him playing for us and hope we have the money to finance a deal.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby greenred » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:40 pm

Houllier could have signed him for 10million just before the last world cup.He signed Diouf instead.What a bargain that turned out to be.He would definitely sign for us if we meet Chelsea`s valuation.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:19 pm

we might have got him earlier in the season when he was on the bench. But now that he is 1st choice (and looks like the only thing good about chelsea), i don't think we will be able to get him. We may have more luck with vicente....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:21 pm

greenred wrote:Houllier could have signed him for 10million just before the last world cup.He signed Diouf instead.What a bargain that turned out to be.He would definitely sign for us if we meet Chelsea`s valuation.

If i had a dollar when anybody said that, i would have bought LFC by now  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spud » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:27 pm

Duff would be a good signing, but I don't think CFC will let him go unless someone offers big money.

Rafa might fancy getting 2 - 3 players rather than 1 expensive player.
spud

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:27 am

if we could sign 2 people like the spanish guy i cant spell his name and duff to continue creating a contender i think those 2 would be a big jump for us and a HUGE!!!!!!!!! BREAK for us aswell
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:35 pm

The Canadian Red Army wrote:if we could sign 2 people like the spanish guy i cant spell his name

it's quite simple. it's spelt raul :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:38 pm

.... or Morientes  ...:D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:44 pm