Duff - Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby the great one » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:43 am

with duff bein out of favour at chelsea with robben fit do u think we should put a bid in for him in january if we got the money
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:46 am

er yes. i'd take him over kewell anyday of the week.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby the great one » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:48 am

he looked for the republic on saturday and i hear him morinho dnt see eye to eye and he prefers robben so i would put a bid for him but it would cost around 15m for him money we dnt have.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:43 pm

I dont think he will be 15 million but it might not be a position we need to fill come january!

We have just bought Garcia n Nunez plus we have Kewell  Warnock and Partridge!

I think if he does strenghthen the team it will be with a defender and a forward!

i hope so anyway
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:57 pm

isn't nunez injuryed?  how many quality forwards are around for 20 million or less we could get dawson i know hes injuryed and playing in the championship divsion 1 or wotever but hes a quality player i remeber the days when keegan came from scunthorpe
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:02 pm

Mourinho said today that both Duff and Robben will be first choice this season as soon as they are fit as he says they'll get the most out of Drogba and Kezman. He alluded that Makele, Lampard, Duff and Robben will be his first choice.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redtribe » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:05 pm

we should try and get gudhjonson (spelling) on the cheap then!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:16 pm

Redtribe wrote:we should try and get gudhjonson (spelling) on the cheap then!

he signed a new deal in the summer weve bein linked with dean bodwitch from ipswhich hes a good young striker and in good form and he will be quite and he real quality
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:31 pm

according to paper reports, cisse tried to talk rafa into getting wiltord!!!!
106-1093504160

Postby Redrider » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:57 pm

Personally I don't think Duff is good enough. I don't think he has enough 'bottle', when the going get's tough he fades, for me he is no improvement on Patrick Berger. ???  ???
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:58 pm

Redrider wrote:Personally I don't think Duff is good enough. I don't think he has enough 'bottle', when the going get's tough he fades, for me he is no improvement on Patrick Berger. ???  ???

i do hope your joking. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby simic_ie » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:01 pm

Redrider wrote:Personally I don't think Duff is good enough. I don't think he has enough 'bottle', when the going get's tough he fades, for me he is no improvement on Patrick Berger. ???  ???

Erm.... I'll be polite about that one and just say I disagree
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:03 pm

Dead serious !!, Duff for me is worth no more than £4/5m. He is only a supporting player in a good side, not good enough to be a 'Galactico'.
When did you last hear of any interest in Duff from any where on the continent ?
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:05 pm

Redrider wrote:Dead serious !!, Duff for me is worth no more than £4/5m. He is only a supporting player in a good side, not good enough to be a 'Galactico'.
When did you last hear of any interest in Duff from any where on the continent ?

what's that got to do with anything?

all i'm bothered about is whether he would improve liverpool as a team. the answer is a resounding YES. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:07 pm

Redrider wrote:Dead serious !!, Duff for me is worth no more than £4/5m. He is only a supporting player in a good side, not good enough to be a 'Galactico'.

Well thats a good thing aint it.
Its mean if we signed him we wouldnt having all these inane threads about him  a few months later linking him with Real Madrid   :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion