Duff - Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redrider » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:16 pm

Sorry, He is no great shakes, similar category to Mcmanaman. Flatters to deceive. Like I said, supporting role only !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby 106-1093504160 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:23 pm

Redrider wrote:Sorry, He is no great shakes, similar category to Mcmanaman. Flatters to deceive. Like I said, supporting role only !!

apparantly duff played brilliant for the irish the other day, so there no reason he cant do that anywhere. Duff never has a bad game. if he were to join lfc, then i'd welcome him.
there are better players though, but we need team spirit not individualism
106-1093504160

Postby laza » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:24 pm

i certainly would be disappointed to see him in a red shirt but i rather see our next signings strengthening the centre of defence and forward line
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:36 pm

I my opinion we left midfield is the area we need players the least. We have a very good player in Kewell and rising star in Warnock. It is silly to squander money on more left sided midfielders when we are desperately short in other parts of the field. Let me just remind you 1) We need a new striker 2) We need at least one new central defender, preferably two 3) we probably need a new dependable goalkeeper given Kirkland's lack of experience, injury proness and lack of skills (speed, footwork, rushing out...) and Dudek's many blunders and lack of self confidence.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:47 pm

Wow, a straight Banana, good comment.
Leave Duff in the sidings and concentrate in the areas of real need !!
Moderator close this daft debate now !!! :p
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:11 pm

ok but only close it when i've had my say.

listening to sum1 say duff is only average (or whatever it is you're saying) is like watchin me ma shoot tony blair with a bow and arrow......MADNESS

what ARE you on about?

he took the p*** out of every side he played against when he was constantly playin-even for blackburn, and was then even better for chelsea at the start of last season.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby greenred » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:35 pm

nothing more to add. a thread like this comes up about once a month.I`ll just say a big resounding YES to Duff.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:47 pm

Duff is a quality player and he would be a great signing come the transfer window re-opening. To say we already have Garcia etc is nonsense because we still should look for quality to compete for places. The only problem is Duff's injury record though which would be a stumbling block.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:22 am

Duff is certainly a welcome addition. he can easily beat the premiership defenders as compared to Kewell and he had shown good form in the CL for Chelski. I don't know if we will have enough funds to secure his services.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:19 am

Man, I wouldn't believe what I had read here. Duff being average??? Are you out of your f**king mind. Duff is a complete package and would definitely improve our club but I do agree with banana that we should strengthen other areas such as CB. But no argument on Duff, I will take him any day.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby 106-1093504160 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:03 am

a loan deal would be good ss
106-1093504160

Postby Redtribe » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:27 am

madred wrote:Duff is a quality player and he would be a great signing come the transfer window re-opening. To say we already have Garcia etc is nonsense because we still should look for quality to compete for places. The only problem is Duff's injury record though which would be a stumbling block.

I would agree but its not rubbish when there is a limited budget and we need to strenghen in places more needing!

i.e. Centre Defence and Up Front!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:13 pm

i reckon when both players are at their best kewell is superior than damien duff, he has a much more varied arsenal to his game. His technique and skill are also better, obviously kewells not playing well at the moment but he will come good :)
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:44 pm

Fowler is correct, Kewell at his best has more to offer than Duff. Better to nurture what we have, than waste money on an expensive 'luxury player'.
I am still not convinced that Duff is as good as his press. Does he actually deliver as much as he promises, I think not.   :blues:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:56 pm

Redrider wrote:Fowler is correct, Kewell at his best has more to offer than Duff. Better to nurture what we have, than waste money on an expensive 'luxury player'.
I am still not convinced that Duff is as good as his press. Does he actually deliver as much as he promises, I think not.   :blues:

ok that's fair enough, but when playing, who is the more consistent? think about it. harry kewell can be brilliant for 3 games then cr@p for 10. with duff you know what you're getting every time.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion