Duff - Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby laza » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:02 pm

stmichael wrote:
Redrider wrote:Fowler is correct, Kewell at his best has more to offer than Duff. Better to nurture what we have, than waste money on an expensive 'luxury player'.
I am still not convinced that Duff is as good as his press. Does he actually deliver as much as he promises, I think not.   :blues:

ok that's fair enough, but when playing, who is the more consistent? think about it. harry kewell can be brilliant for 3 games then cr@p for 10. with duff you know what you're getting every time.

Kewell is a mercuial player and when he is hot he is hot but when he is cold he is freezing but at 5 million he was a bit of steal. I doubt we would get Duff on the cheap
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:38 pm

stmichael wrote:
Redrider wrote:Fowler is correct, Kewell at his best has more to offer than Duff. Better to nurture what we have, than waste money on an expensive 'luxury player'.
I am still not convinced that Duff is as good as his press. Does he actually deliver as much as he promises, I think not.   :blues:

ok that's fair enough, but when playing, who is the more consistent? think about it. harry kewell can be brilliant for 3 games then cr@p for 10. with duff you know what you're getting every time.

thats my point, hopefully Kewell will get some consistency back, and we he does he will be a player than duff (hopefully)
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:42 pm

we had the chance to sign duff 2 years ago but didn't. we will live to regret that decision. somebody on here the other day (i think it was redrider) claimed that duff is no better than patrick berger.

this country. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:49 pm

saying that duff is no better than patrick berger is stupid,but i think to many fans doubt harry kewell who still could easily get back to his previous form
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:54 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:i think to many fans doubt harry kewell who still could easily get back to his previous form

of course he COULD get back to previous form, but at the moment i see no evidence of it. the guy's body language is all wrong for me. he doesn't look happy.  :(

where i sit at home games, some fans have been giving him ridiculous stick. i have stood by him but he needs to produce the goods. old trafford would be a good place to start. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby simic_ie » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:10 pm

Damien Duff = Best left winger in the Premiership end of story.... ( I'm not including Reyes hes not really a winger.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:27 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:saying that duff is no better than patrick berger is stupid,but i think to many fans doubt harry kewell who still could easily get back to his previous form

Fowler, I put Duff in the same category of player as Berger, who is better is immaterial. Both are luxury players who will shine when the rest of the team is having a good day. But neither will pull you out of the mire when the going is tough, and neither are versatile enough to change their role or style of play to suit the circumstances. Yes Duff looks good, and would probably fill the left slot for England, but I do not see him as a 'get stuck' in, 40 game Premiership man for the Red's.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby greenred » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:50 pm

Duff produces the goods in every match, no matter how poor his teamates are.He is equally effective on the right and left.He is certainly no luxury.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:58 am

Over the past two seasons or so, Duff has been outstanding compared to Kewell many times over. He has played very sell, beaten people on the flanks more often and did score some goals. Kewell diod score some goals but he has not beaten his opponents on the flanks in quite a while. Who is the better player? I think it is obvious...

However, we should only buy him if the price is right and perhaps it is wiser to concentrate on strengthening a rather leaky defence unless we have unlimited funds.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:42 am

Redrider wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:saying that duff is no better than patrick berger is stupid,but i think to many fans doubt harry kewell who still could easily get back to his previous form

Fowler, I put Duff in the same category of player as Berger, who is better is immaterial. Both are luxury players who will shine when the rest of the team is having a good day. But neither will pull you out of the mire when the going is tough, and neither are versatile enough to change their role or style of play to suit the circumstances. Yes Duff looks good, and would probably fill the left slot for England, but I do not see him as a 'get stuck' in, 40 game Premiership man for the Red's.

That is a fair point, Duff is not a "roll your sleeves" up type of player, but neither is Kewell.

Any way I dont want my wingers getting stuck in, I want them hugging the touchline and beating the full back before whipping a cross in from the goal line. Tackling can be fleft upto Stavie and Xabi.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:10 am

Anyone see the chelsea v spurs yesterday?
Duff was brought on as sub.
That lads got class absolutely brilliant hes a wasted talent at chelsea, I say we get a.s.a.p. Otherwise manure will snap him up come january.
Sell kewell buy Duff he ran the show from the wing, what a joy to watch
:)
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion