Football: liverpool to play in malaysia on july 16

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:42 pm

Football: Liverpool to play in Malaysia on July 16
06 June 2011 1619 hrs

KUALA LUMPUR - English Premier League giants Liverpool will play Malaysia's national side, the current ASEAN champions, in Kuala Lumpur on July 16, organisers said Monday.

The announcement means Liverpool will join leading English sides Arsenal and Chelsea in touring football-mad Malaysia in July as they warm-up for next season and tap the lucrative Asian football market.

The three EPL teams will play at the 87,000-capacity Bukit Jalil Stadium in the capital Kuala Lumpur and are expected to draw fans from across the region.

Julian Kam, chief executive officer of Proevents, the organiser of the event, told AFP that the Liverpool team will arrive in the capital Kuala Lumpur on July 14.

"The visiting Liverpool team will consist of players who will play in the new season," he said when asked if stars such as Steven Gerrard will be in action in Malaysia.

"We expect fans from neighbouring Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand to flood the Bukit Jalil stadium," he added.

The Liverpool team then leave for China after their three-day stay in Malaysia.

Kam said fans will be able to watch Liverpool practice and have close-up access to the players.

Arsenal recently announced that they will play pre-season matches in Malaysia and China in July.

The Gunners, who are renowned for their free-flowing style of football, will arrive in Kuala Lumpur on July 11 and play Malaysia two days later before facing Chinese Super League side Hangzhou GreenTown on July 16 in Yiwu City.

Meanwhile Chelsea, another Premier League Club, will play in Malaysia on July 21 before heading to Hong Kong for another pre-season tournament.
++

Unfortunately I wont be around on those dates but something for the local reds to look forward to.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:26 pm

Never realised there was so much support for the mighty reds since everyone here (in Malaysia) is either into Manure or CSKA London.
There is even and SOS Malaysia branch launched in May.
Liverpool support in Malaysia is on all time high now.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:49 am

So all the Singapore based forum lads can stay over at your place? :laugh: :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:28 am

Liverpool Supporters Club Malaysia was founded in 89 or 91 depending on who you ask. Incidentally by a good friend of mine. The only official ticket based club in Asia. Not ticket based anymore.

I reckon the greatest interest was 2005, 2007 and 2009.

But a look around at the gatherings tells the story. In the 80's when watching a game was difficult, most people were LFC fans. Now it's difficult to spot anyone under 35. Very few younger generation present, and very few hot chicks.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:01 am

babu wrote:Liverpool Supporters Club Malaysia was founded in 89 or 91 depending on who you ask. Incidentally by a good friend of mine. The only official ticket based club in Asia. Not ticket based anymore.

I reckon the greatest interest was 2005, 2007 and 2009.

But a look around at the gatherings tells the story. In the 80's when watching a game was difficult, most people were LFC fans. Now it's difficult to spot anyone under 35. Very few younger generation present, and very few hot chicks.

What are you talking about she is hot...

killerp

Postby Keris » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:19 pm

Reg wrote:So all the Singapore based forum lads can stay over at your place? :laugh: :laugh:

"Mi casa es su casa"  :D
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:56 am

New and young asian football fans will only support clubs which are currently hot in the PL, particularly Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal. For the past 2 decades, sad to say Liverpool have not been a great side, thus very few teenage Malaysians are Liverpool fans. However, most of the football fans over 40 are Liverpool fans because when they were teenagers, Liverpool were the best not only in England but in Europe and probably the world. So it goes back to what I said in the first sentence, they supported the club that was hot at the time, in that era it was Liverpool.

Now with new owners, Kenny back in charge and a few quality signings, I expect Liverpool to be at least serious title challengers over the next few seasons. Next season, they will only be serious challenger for top 4 finish because the squad will have undergone an overhaul and they'll need time to play as a well coordinated team which will take about 4 months and by then they will be miles away from the leaders.
alwayslfc

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:27 am

Spot on. Only auld gits support the reds.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sarge » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:23 am

Ermm... I am based in KL.

Me wife, me kids (all 3 of em are below 12 years old) are reds.

And I have a really hot wife....
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:43 am

Not surprised she's hot if she's playing tennis in 30 degrees wearing a footy shirt, she should get herself something lightweight....

:p :p
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:37 am

The training session for Liverpool's Asia tour was held last night (local time). Last minute work commitments forced my brother to hand over the entrance passes to me. So I thought its only the training session, no big deal. Arsenal's training session had 7 thousand attendance.

Lfc.tv report 

Had to walk 1km away to find my parking.Well worth it though.

This was my view.

Name of the venue.

Off to Sunderland you go.

Commander & Chief.

How do you like the new kit?

P.S. Sorry about the quality of the photos  :D

If you needed more proof  :grinning:

R.A.W.K
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:44 am

The new kit, sh'ite and looks as though they're all wearing 2 sizes too small.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Sarge » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:24 am

I heard that thousands flocked to their hotel last night.

Can't wait for t'morrow.....The whole family's going too...

YNWA!!!!
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:07 am

sound pics them Keris, agree with woof about the top though, its sh!te.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:13 am

the guy who run the shop up my road has just come back from there, when he was there he paid £50 for the game, tranning pass, and a meal with the team...............but he had to come home before the date so his brother who lives out there has put it up for sale for him.

he did think of paying the £400 flight fee to go and use it himself.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion