Any1 of you play football ? - Junior, senior, old boys or veteran ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thor Viking » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:25 pm

I do ! We have a team, for us over 40 : forty,fat and finished ! 7 of us at a team/ a time, all knowing how to play, noone managing and all yelling ! It`s very fun !  :D
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:31 pm

Thor, I don't think Norway qualified for EURO 2004, who was in there group.

Also do you know where Heggem and Kippe are now?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:28 pm

Did Heggem have a trial for a club in Norway last summer? Was it Bergen or Rosenberg? He initially said he would retire but then thought he might try his hand at Norwegian football.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Thor Viking » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:40 pm

Has wrote:Thor, I don't think Norway qualified for EURO 2004, who was in there group.

Also do you know where Heggem and Kippe are now?

I do believe that Heggem has retired due to his injuries, and that Kippe is back in Lillestrøm.
Norway didn`t qualify for the EURO 2004 in Portugal,no. We were in group with Denmark (1) and Bosnia (3), Romania and Luxembourg. We lost the best of no.2 matches vs Spain - we didn`t stand a chance really ! :(
But now we have a new coach, Åge Hareide, and he was 1 of the 1st norwegian professionals in England back in the 80`s. He played for Norwich and he even was captain for M City ! His assistent now is Stig Inge ! And they have won all 4 matches so far ! :D  :laugh:
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thor Viking » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:42 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Did Heggem have a trial for a club in Norway last summer? Was it Bergen or Rosenberg? He initially said he would retire but then thought he might try his hand at Norwegian football.

I don`t know if he tried for a club, but as far as I know now, he`s retired due to his injuries. :(
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:58 pm

I like Norway, I remember backing them to beat Brazil in World Cup 98 and everyone laughed at me, I had a bet with my mate and I won. In you face.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thor Viking » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:05 pm

Has wrote:I like Norway, I remember backing them to beat Brazil in World Cup 98 and everyone laughed at me, I had a bet with my mate and I won. In you face.

mAYBE U REMEMBER that Norway got a penalty ? the scorer of that penalty, Kjetil Rekdal, is now manager of the norwegian club Vålerenga. They are playing Newcastle today in Newcastle in the UEFA - cup. He is also the same guy that scored the spectcular goal vs England, for Norway, on Wembley in 1992 in the 1-1 match qualifying for 94 in US. Remember ? :cool:  :D
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:09 pm

Not really, I just remember Norway unsettleing Brazil with thier phiysical and long ball approach.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion