5 top buys for man city's summer shop

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Tue May 10, 2011 9:28 am

Interesting to compare notes.
++

Telegraph Sport looks at five potential purchases for Roberto Mancini this summer.

8:45AM BST 10 May 2011

Gary Cahill
Rated at £15 million by Bolton, the defender has emerged as Roberto Mancini's preferred reinforcement for a back line weakened by Kolo Toure's uncertain future. Liverpool and Manchester United are also circling, though.
Will it happen? 3/5

Alexis Sanchez
Mancini is coy on the Chilean winger, but a remarkable season in Serie A has made Sanchez - nicknamed Boy Wonder - arguably the most coveted player in Europe. Real Madrid, Inter Milan and United stand in City's way for the player, rated at £26.5 million.
Will it happen? 4/5

Edinson Cavani
The Uruguayan striker's 25 goals have made him the most prolific goalscorer in a single season in Napoli's history and Mancini is thought to see him as the perfect replacement for Carlos Tevez, should the Argentine leave.
Will it happen? 4/5

Jack Wilshere
City have form for signing the brightest prospects in English football but even their wealth may not be enough to tempt Arsenal to part with the England international midfielder. Wilshere, for his part, has publicly pledged his loyalty to the Emirates.
Will it happen? 2/5

Cristiano Ronaldo
The Portuguese knows the area, of course, having worked in Manchester previously, and has endured two frustrating seasons at Real Madrid. May choose to escape the shadow of Barcelona for helping City overthrow his former paymasters.
Will it happen? 1/5
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue May 10, 2011 9:32 am

:laugh: :laugh:  Ronaldo

they're a funny bunch City
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue May 10, 2011 12:30 pm

oh i don't mind another Uruguayan on the team, especially if he can score as much as he did in Italy. :)
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ethanr » Tue May 10, 2011 3:17 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:oh i don't mind another Uruguayan on the team, especially if he can score as much as he did in Italy. :)

THis is for city.. not us  :D

I like how high all those odds are.. It's hilarious because according to those odds, they will more than likely sign 3 of those players.  They seem to think that their name is the ultimate drawer of footballers when it's really not.  People can see the problems they are having and if I was a footballer I would try to stay as far away from that as possible.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby tubby » Tue May 10, 2011 9:19 pm

5 potential purchases? They will probably buy all 5 once they get into the CL. :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:30 pm

tubby wrote:5 potential purchases? They will probably buy all 5 once they get into the CL. :D

I'm still waiting for the 50 million maxi bid  :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed May 11, 2011 12:22 am

dawson99 wrote:
tubby wrote:5 potential purchases? They will probably buy all 5 once they get into the CL. :D

I'm still waiting for the 50 million maxi bid  :D

Ya but he's scored 6 more than Torres has since the transfer window... so In reality I think we have the new transfer record waiting in our hands here.  I think Maxi may well be the first ever 100 million plus transfer  :D
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby brentd4 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:47 am

city in my eyes dont hav that excitin of a squad, and they wont get fabregas or ibrahimovic who ther linked with today, ther defence isnt the greatest barry, adam johnson or milner arent world class, and dzeko has never impressed me so they need to buy again i think.
brentd4

Postby tubby » Wed May 11, 2011 12:22 pm

I think they are only lacking a dynamic manager. I've never rated Mancini. He was practically handed Serie A and he plays a boring defensive game, even at home. Our best chances of qualifying for the top 4 next year is if City keep hold of him.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed May 11, 2011 12:24 pm

city are pretty awful, next season theres not alot to worry about for this liverpool set up.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex88 » Wed May 11, 2011 12:40 pm

Ahahahaaha Cristiano Ronaldo :D
Alex88

Postby stmichael » Wed May 11, 2011 7:37 pm

heard today that they were linked with ibrahimovic. i mean seriously. how many ego's do you want in one changing room? ibrahivomic and ballotelli haha :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby burjennio » Wed May 11, 2011 8:29 pm

stmichael wrote:heard today that they were linked with ibrahimovic. i mean seriously. how many ego's do you want in one changing room? ibrahivomic and ballotelli haha :D

Did you see him kicking Cassano in the head for a laugh in the post match pitch side interview? It was like he saw a vid of Balotelli tripping up Dzeko and spent the last fortnight trying to think of a way to show that up.
burjennio

Return to Premiership - General Discussion