NAPOLI VS LIVERPOOL - thursday 21st october 18.00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Tophatman » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:48 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Tophatman wrote:For my 100th post, in nearly 3 years, i'm off to Matalan tomorrow to buy an Andy Townsend blouse!! I should get to 200 posts about mid 2012, or like some I could waste all of my time on here and get to 2000 come Xmas...:)

basically you're jabbing the regular posters then?

No Far from it, I just wish I had the time to post more,seriously :Oo:
Tophatman

Postby Tophatman » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:50 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Shelvy and Kelly best two players in a Liverpool shirt , should be in the Frame both of them for Sunday, Kelly Right back and Shelvy coming into the game somewhere over the ninty minutes , got a nice passing range and another option pushing forward

To be fair Nan, the young lads played well tonight, they certainly warrant another chance.
Tophatman

Postby jimmy brighton » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:51 pm

Thought some of the posts up here tonight have been rather harsh. Indeed we're all dispirited by recent performances but I was expecting us to take a bit of a tanking tonight when I heard the team sheet. Fortunately I was rather surprised by a solid performance from our B team and thought we may have nicked it with a couple of decent chances in the 2nd half. Looking forward to seeing Jonjo and Kelly staking a claim for a 1st team place some time in the near future.
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby Tophatman » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:54 pm

jimmy brighton wrote:Thought some of the posts up here tonight have been rather harsh. Indeed we're all dispirited by recent performances but I was expecting us to take a bit of a tanking tonight when I heard the team sheet. Fortunately I was rather surprised by a solid performance from our B team and thought we may have nicked it with a couple of decent chances in the 2nd half. Looking forward to seeing Jonjo and Kelly staking a claim for a 1st team place some time in the near future.

Spot on.
Tophatman

Postby crim cram » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:56 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Shelvy and Kelly best two players in a Liverpool shirt , should be in the Frame both of them for Sunday, Kelly Right back and Shelvy coming into the game somewhere over the ninty minutes , got a nice passing range and another option pushing forward

I thought Kelly settled down and played well.  He played very safe, but didn't do too much wrong.  I thought Napoli tried pick on him a bit, but nil,nil means they didn't find much.  More solid at the back than GJ.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby DrTNT » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:02 pm

The result was good and the performance on a whole was just about ok. We defended well and had two good chances that we probably should have taken. In terms of individual preformances Babel should have stepped up and tried to nail a place in the first team but he disappointed me tonight. We saw some good play from him but this was rare (seems to sum up his liverpool career thus far tbh), his touch wasnt good enough and he gave the ball away too much. Although he was unlucky not to score. Ngog played well and was also unlucky not to score and Spearing n Shelvey played well.

We will need a much better performance to win at the weekend but will have a much more experienced team out then though. We desperately need a win and all the players need to preform to their best if this is to happen of course.
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby Greavesie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:03 pm

Tophatman wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
Tophatman wrote:For my 100th post, in nearly 3 years, i'm off to Matalan tomorrow to buy an Andy Townsend blouse!! I should get to 200 posts about mid 2012, or like some I could waste all of my time on here and get to 2000 come Xmas...:)

basically you're jabbing the regular posters then?

No Far from it, I just wish I had the time to post more,seriously :Oo:

just how it came off mate, my bad  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:08 pm

Shelvey first half ..... Jovanovic after a abysmal first put in a  good second ,but overall I would say its a straight pick from Kelly or Skrtel and if I had to make a choice my motm would be Skrtel ....never put a foot wrong all night his most assured performance this season
the less said about Babel the better ....
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:13 pm

Tophatman wrote:

To be fair Nan, the young lads played well tonight, they certainly warrant another chance.

Thats what i said ,they both had good games , those two youngsters sttod out in Liverpool shirts for me, and they deserve there chance, On Johnsons current form id have Kelly in before him ,without a doubt, much better defender
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:28 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Tophatman wrote:

Thats what i said ,they both had good games , those two youngsters sttod out in Liverpool shirts for me, and they deserve there chance, On Johnsons current form id have Kelly in before him ,without a doubt, much better defender

Correctamundo
Thommo's perm

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:35 pm

Good result tonight.

Thought Shelvey and Kelly played well.  Also thought Spearing played well. He harries and gets in the way and basically makes a nuisence of himself.

Well played boys.  Top of the group in Europe!!!!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:54 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Tophatman wrote:

Didn't see it at all, even though it was live over here on TV..  :(

From the posts here, it looks like my opinions about Johnson are correct : drop him until he gets his dreadlocks out of his hole - we have a more than able player in Kelly.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:02 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
Tophatman wrote:

Didn't see it at all, even though it was live over here on TV..  :(

From the posts here, it looks like my opinions about Johnson are correct : drop him until he gets his dreadlocks out of his hole - we have a more than able player in Kelly.

He couldnt play any worse than johnson
Thommo's perm

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:02 pm

Tophatman wrote:So this is how this game is going to be remembered, Andy Townsends satin blouse:D

:Oo:

I keep waiting for him to pop up in a Tamapx advert in it!!

In a word....

FAIL
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:09 pm

It was an ok performance. Remember that Napoli haven't lost at home in europe since 1994, so its a difficult game, especially when we basically had the 2nd team playing.

Very impressed with Kelly, should be a regular right now, has the potential to be a very good player. Shelvey was OK, his passing, touch and vision was excellent, but his inexperience let him down a lot today, especially when he lost the possession a couple of times. Still, one to watch. I thought Poulsen had an ok game too, as well as Skrtel.

Babel :no  puuuure :censored:.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games