TOTTENHAM V LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:42 pm

Soldado just got his third goal against Anzhi :( Their midfield is frightening I have to say! Dembele, Eriksen, Capoue, Siggurdsson, Holtby, Sandro, Paulinho, Lamela and Townsend.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby damjan193 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:27 am

maypaxvobiscum » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:42 pm wrote:Soldado just got his third goal against Anzhi :( Their midfield is frightening I have to say! Dembele, Eriksen, Capoue, Siggurdsson, Holtby, Sandro, Paulinho, Lamela and Townsend.

I thought that Eriksen and Rose were injured but both played today...

They're definitely missing a lot of defenders though. If they play that guy Fryers (whoever that is) and Capoue as CBs we'll rip em' a new one.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:15 am

maypaxvobiscum » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:42 am wrote: Their midfield is frightening I have to say! Dembele, Eriksen, Capoue, Siggurdsson, Holtby, Sandro, Paulinho, Lamela and Townsend.

Im sure if they were wearing red shirt there could plenty of faults to be found with their play
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:16 am

maypaxvobiscum » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:42 pm wrote:Soldado just got his third goal against Anzhi :( Their midfield is frightening I have to say! Dembele, Eriksen, Capoue, Siggurdsson, Holtby, Sandro, Paulinho, Lamela and Townsend.

It must be said tho that Anzhi is not the team it has been in recent times.  They've lost players like Willian and Eto'o, and the only player I even recognize on their entire roster anymore is Lacina Traore, who they don't actually play since the owner had that strange mental break down a few months ago and transfer listed everybody.

With that said, it's never nice to see the team you play on the weekend get a confidence booster like that, especially when their striker bags a hat trick. I was a little surprised to see the strength they played with, and hopefully that will have a negative impact against us at the weekend.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby redno7 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:07 am

it'll knock that confidence out of them when they line up facing Suarez. they'll brick it.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:02 pm

Their defence is depleted . Chiriches is a doubt and Vertonghen is a huge miss. At the moment they've got Capoue playing centre back out of position. They also play a high line which Sterling can hopefully exploit.

Our record down there is dismal in recent years though. We've got beat even when we've played them off the park. If you offered me a draw now I'd snap your hand off.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:25 pm

stmichael » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:02 pm wrote:Their defence is depleted . Chiriches is a doubt and Vertonghen is a huge miss. At the moment they've got Capoue playing centre back out of position. They also play a high line which Sterling can hopefully exploit.

Our record down there is dismal in recent years though. We've got beat even when we've played them off the park. If you offered me a draw now I'd snap your hand off.

Vertonghen is due back I think
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:09 pm

stmichael » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:02 pm wrote:Their defence is depleted . Chiriches is a doubt and Vertonghen is a huge miss. At the moment they've got Capoue playing centre back out of position. They also play a high line which Sterling can hopefully exploit.

yeah, we havent even managed a draw down there in the last 6 years, 6 games and we lost every one of them  :(
with suarez up front we are always in with a shout but i just hope he doesnt become isolated and detached from our midfield like what happened at goodison and the emirates.
spurs have strong ball carriers like dembele and townsend who like to turn and run at players and imo we always seem to struggle against that type of direct running so it`s up to our midfield to be proactive and not reactive, we have to play a high line, press them high up the pitch and take the game to them, their ball carriers wont want to be trying to go past our players deep in their own half incase they lose the ball so thats where we have to draw the battle lines, deep in spurs half.
if we sit back and invite them on to us it will be just a matter of time before we concede imo, we have to take the game to spurs.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:00 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:25 am wrote:

Vertonghen is due back I think

I thought I heard he was out the full Christmas period?
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:13 am

There's no return date yet set for Vertonghen

Chiriches was scheduled to return on Dec 15th and will undergo a late fitness test.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:22 am

Hope we smash the f*ck outta them! We need the 3 points badly as any points dropped can see us fall to 7th or 8th by the end of December considering the fixture list.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby damjan193 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:29 pm

Yeah, as it turns out, this might be a very important game for us. As it is, we're currently 5th and if we don't win any points we'll be level with Tottenham.

However, if we do win, we will get back on 2nd and we'll be only 2 points behind Arsenal.

We have to get at least a draw in order to be at least in the top 4 but a win is what we should be aiming at. If we don't win the consequences will be very disappointing.

Anyway, since both Henderson and Agger are confirmed fit, this is what I'd go for:

Mignolet

Johnson    Sakho   Agger    Flanagan

Allen     Lucas
              Henderson                              Sterling
                                      Coutinho

Suarez
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:41 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:22 am wrote:Hope we smash the f*ck outta them! We need the 3 points badly as any points dropped can see us fall to 7th or 8th by the end of December considering the fixture list.

yeah spot on, this christmas period is absolutely critical and can go either way.
with city`s win today at the etihad against arsenal we amazingly find ourselves just 5 points from the top with a game in hand, arsenal have got to face chelsea next week as well so if we manage to beat spurs tomorrow and cardiff next saturday then this time next week we may find ourselves above the team who at one point were threatening to run away with the title. we could even end up being top over christmas.
on the other hand if we lose these upcoming games against our direct rivals then as you say the other CL hopefuls will disappear over the horizon and leave us trailing in their wake.
even worse is that the likes of everton and even united have 5 or 6 very winnable games coming up so we could find ourselves trying to play catch up which is something we dont do that well.
i know the games against spurs, city and chelsea are tough but this team needs to stand up and be counted, we cant expect to qualify for the CL by just being flat track bullies and rolling over mid table teams at home, to finish at or near the top we need to conjure up a few big results.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:22 pm

we cant just show up there looking for a point and hopeful of snatching a win. we need to play with a purpose and take the game to them in their half. if we concede the midfield battle then we are asking for it.
mentally its another big test for the side to get a result, restore our position in the table and prove that we are genuine contenders for a top 4 slot.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:33 pm

Agree with the 2 posts above. The players gotta bring the game to them and not expect Suarez and Coutinho to save them through individual efforts.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games