Man Utd v Liverpool - Sun 15th Jan 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:57 pm

I'd be tempted to throw Stewart on instead of Can. We need to do something to shore up the midfield because I can't see United missing chance after chance for 90 minutes. Saying that with a bit more composure we could scored a couple ourselves.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:58 pm

Referee has been absolutely terrible. Credit to him for calling the pen, even tho it was pretty clear, but it seems like he's been trying to "make up for it" ever since. You look at the whole reel of incidents directly after- Lovren getting called for a foul and booked when it was very clearly a clean tackle. Then Pogba, who could have been sent off for all of the yellow cards he would have on another day by now, absolutely assaulted Henderson.

Even before the pen he was favoring United, now every 50-50 or questionable decision has gone their way. We've had two players hit in the face by a hand and an elbow and Oliver has refused to react. Mourinho has obviously gotten to him with his constant complaining of the refs- it's like every referee goes there now with the goal of not getting called out. That Sh*t needs to stop in the second half or they will certainly put at least 1 in on us.

Mignolet playing well. Our CM is holding Pogba, Mkt, and Herrera in their place. Would like to see Sturridge in for Origi- I don't know that he's done too well. Shows his strength but hasn't been very good on the ball. Alex-Arnold is an obvious weakness as well. Did better as the half went on, but their plan is obvious and all of their attacks have been coming down our right side.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:57 pm wrote:I'd be tempted to throw Stewart on instead of Can. We need to do something to shore up the midfield because I can't see United missing chance after chance for 90 minutes. Saying that with a bit more composure we could scored a couple ourselves.

Get an early goal and shut up shop. That would be my plan, with Sturridge up top for the last 15 mins to scare the sh!te out of their cr&p defence.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:00 pm

ethanr » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:58 pm wrote:Referee has been absolutely terrible. Credit to him for calling the pen, even tho it was pretty clear, but it seems like he's been trying to "make up for it" ever since. You look at the whole reel of incidents directly after- Lovren getting called for a foul and booked when it was very clearly a clean tackle. Then Pogba, who could have been sent off for all of the yellow cards he would have on another day by now, absolutely assaulted Henderson.

Even before the pen he was favoring United, now every 50-50 or questionable decision has gone their way. We've had two players hit in the face by a hand and an elbow and Oliver has refused to react. Mourinho has obviously gotten to him with his constant complaining of the refs- it's like every referee goes there now with the goal of not getting called out. That Sh*t needs to stop in the second half or they will certainly put at least 1 in on us.

Mignolet playing well. Our CM is holding Pogba, Mkt, and Herrera in their place. Would like to see Sturridge in for Origi- I don't know that he's done too well. Shows his strength but hasn't been very good on the ball. Alex-Arnold is an obvious weakness as well. Did better as the half went on, but their plan is obvious and all of their attacks have been coming down our right side.

right on regarding the ref
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:05 pm

Rooney on for Carrick? Interesting. I always thought the reintroduction of Carrick was one of the reasons they started winning games...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:05 pm

Even if the ref has had his dubious calls, the one on Lovren is ok in my book even if the yellow was harsh.
He wasn't called for the tackle, he was called for the studs right ahead on Martial. Always a free kick.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:07 pm

WTF ref again...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:08 pm

Another bullsh!t freekick for manure
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:09 pm

LOL Martail dived...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:11 pm

OMG...
weak by AA
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:12 pm

Get coutinho on....taking Carrick off has opened up so much space in the midfield
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:12 pm

More BS free kicks, more dives, more fouls on them not called. The terribly inconsistent officiating from the first half has continued in the second half, and we're obviously going to have to deal with it.
ethanr

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:13 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:12 pm wrote:Get coutinho on....taking Carrick off has opened up so much space in the midfield

Agreed!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:16 pm

Origi is clueless right now. He's got no idea what to do when he gets the ball. We need to get Sturridge in who can create things on his own so we can counter.

Coutinho coming on so that's good.
ethanr

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:17 pm

50-50 loose ball, our player got to the ball and shrugged their player off. No call and the stadium boos... that's what the ref is scared of...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games