Liverpool vs west ham - 27-02-11

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:14 pm

This game just highlights how much rebuilding needs to be done in the summer. So 4th not gonna happen now right? Someone said we should go for the Europa and use the reminding games of this season as a extended pre-season. I agree with this and we should start to blood players in like Suso, Pacheco, Wisdom, Coady and Sterling. :censored: people saying were still going for 6th. The senior players just got humilated by the team at the bottom of the league and too many to mention are shockingly bad. These youngsters will be no worse then whats going on the pitch week in week out but unlike the shower of :censored: theyll replace they have a future at the club.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:16 pm

Up to todays game 4th was a distinct possibility. For me at any rate.
Anyone who says they expected to be twatted like we were today is a liar.
Of course we did badly under Hodgson. No one can deny it. But we had overcome that and were in a position to push on and possibly catch chelsea. The reason people are so angry and pointing the finger at woy is because they, like me, saw a performance today like the ones which got him sacked.
Except KK is manager, isnt he...?
Thommo's perm

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote::laugh:
When the sh'it hits the fan and reality bites us on the ar'se its great to see who some think is to blame
If we would have won today there would have been no mention whatsoever of woys name here.
We are 6th and could have got three points which would have gotten us closer to chelsea. If they get beat by the skanks on tuesday we would have been talking realistically about catching and even overtaking them. Instead we get twatted by the team on the botom and some Fu*king beauts are wailing that its woys fault we wont come 4th.
As was said at the time of Hodgson was manager:  "Dont blame the previous manager. Woy is in charge. Its his team"
Funny how thats changed now KK has just been hammered by the cockerneys...

again who blamed Roy for today's loss?

blaming a manager hasn't changed at all - nobody has said it's Roy's fault. The position we were in when Roy left meant getting fourth was going to be a big ask. You read completely different things than what is in front of you sometimes

NANNY
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:19 pm

I was just saying to a friend that right now the focus should be on gelling certain players together. An understanding between Carroll and Suarez before next season would be class. With Carroll in we need genuine wingers to ping balls in for him, he's a beast in the air so we surely have to exploit that within our ranks. We're still short of a dominant centre half as well. We need a proper creative midfielder as well, or a defensive midfielder - depending on how Kenny wants to use Gerrard

6th and the Europa League would be a good season given the sh!te that's gone on. Go into the new season with some stability and a new look side. I can't wait to see what the future holds :)
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Greavesie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:22 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
When the sh'it hits the fan and reality bites us on the ar'se its great to see who some think is to blame
If we would have won today there would have been no mention whatsoever of woys name here.
We are 6th and could have got three points which would have gotten us closer to chelsea. If they get beat by the skanks on tuesday we would have been talking realistically about catching and even overtaking them. Instead we get twatted by the team on the botom and some Fu*king beauts are wailing that its woys fault we wont come 4th.
As was said at the time of Hodgson was manager:  "Dont blame the previous manager. Woy is in charge. Its his team"

blaming a manager hasn't changed at all - nobody has said it's Roy's fault. The position we were in when Roy left meant getting fourth was going to be a big ask. You read completely different things than what is in front of you sometimes

NANNY

again I think Nanny was saying - Roy gets the blame for how the seasons gone/why we wont make 4th

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:27 pm

Greavesie wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Greavesie wrote:

NANNY

again I think Nanny was saying - Roy gets the blame for how the seasons gone/why we wont make 4th

and i am saying that no ex manager is to blame for todays game.
they were just a better team on the day.......and yes i think Pepe mad a lot of mistakes today in the first half.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:28 pm

Greavesie wrote:

No I dont
ER was making the statement that because we got tw@tted today we wont make 4th and that was Hodgsons fault
We could argue all day whos fault it is. Some of us feel that the rot started well before Hodgson came. But lets not go there.
One thing we cant deny is that todays performance was frustrating, annoying and horribly reminiscent of the dark days of Hodgsons management, which is why the statement was made in the first place
Thommo's perm

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:29 pm

Well for me Rafa, Roy, twIt and tw@t all get the blame for putting us into this position anyways.

but who gives a f*ck anymore really, we MUST MOVE ON to the FUTURE

can we please do that
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:31 pm

I think we can say with a bit of certainty that we won't make fourth due to how sh!t we were at the start of the season - I do believe Roy was our manager at the time.

and Nanny said - the players are to blame and only them....

Anyways forget all of that sh!te Kenny's the boss and Kenny's the boy, regardless of what went on before him he hasn't even been in the job two months and I think he's made the world of difference (bar today blah blah blah). I can't wait to see what he can do over a full season starting fresh

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:31 pm

metalhead wrote:Well for me Rafa, Roy, twIt and tw@t all get the blame for putting us into this position anyways.

but who gives a f*ck anymore really, we MUST MOVE ON to the FUTURE

can we please do that

Some dont want to though...
Thommo's perm

Postby Greavesie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:34 pm

jesus christ its all gone circular again  :no

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:44 pm

Greavesie wrote:I think we can say with a bit of certainty that we won't make fourth due to how sh!t we were at the start of the season - I do believe Roy was our manager at the time.

Anyways forget all of that sh!te Kenny's the boss and Kenny's the boy, regardless of what went on before him he hasn't even been in the job two months and I think he's made the world of difference (bar today blah blah blah). I can't wait to see what he can do over a full season starting fresh

It was not, and is not impossible for us to make 4th. Yes it is a massive ask and previous results have had a negative effect.
But we were not too far away after all that has happened and could have been in touching distance had we done what was expected today. We didnt and suddenly it was never on because of Hodgson.
KK has turned us round. Fact. And with Carroll maybe, just maybe we can push for 4th. But to use Hodgson as the excuse every time we have a cu'nt of a performance is daft. We should have won. We didnt. KK must take he blame the same as he takes the credit.
At least we can agree about that?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:45 pm

Here is a thought to the mods to add a new rule to this place

anyone discussing Roy or Rafa not in their respective threads needs to be banned ASAP

sounds harsh?

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:46 pm

metalhead wrote:Here is a thought to the mods to add a new rule to this place

anyone discussing Roy or Rafa not in their respective threads needs to be banned ASAP

sounds harsh?

:D

Good
Because you'll be one of the first to go
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

Postby Greavesie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:50 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
Greavesie wrote:I think we can say with a bit of certainty that we won't make fourth due to how sh!t we were at the start of the season - I do believe Roy was our manager at the time.

It was not, and is not impossible for us to make 4th. Yes it is a massive ask and previous results have had a negative effect.
But we were not too far away after all that has happened and could have been in touching distance had we done what was expected today. We didnt and suddenly it was never on because of Hodgson.
KK has turned us round. Fact. And with Carroll maybe, just maybe we can push for 4th. But to use Hodgson as the excuse every time we have a cu'nt of a performance is daft. We should have won. We didnt. KK must take he blame the same as he takes the credit.
At least we can agree about that?
???

course we can. Everyone will look at the individuals involved in today's defeat.

what made us lose today is Kenny's and the players fault, nobody will excuse otherwise

A season is over 38 games - of which Hodgson had half - surely he has some resposibility towards where we finish? Surely we can agree on that as well

who is to blame for todays defeat is one thing and who is to blame for where we finish is another

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games