Liverpool vs west ham - 27-02-11

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Tophatman » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:50 pm

Is it just me or is Reina when playing in front of a good defense fantastic, but when the chips are down, too many times he has no positional sense, today IMO he should have saved at least one of WHU efforts!!
Tophatman

Postby roberto green » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:52 pm

Fair play to West Ham they chose the game against us to play their best game of the season and Parker was outstanding for them, give me him over Lucas anyday.

I think we have all started to get a bit ahead of ourselves of late so today was a bit of a reality check for us with do examples of players that clearly don't have the quality to be playing for us come next season, Lucas, Kuyt, Ngog and skyrtl most notably, could you see even any of these making the bench yet alone the top 11 for the top 4 teams?
roberto green

Postby roberto green » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:55 pm

Plus my sig isn't working:(
roberto green

Postby ethanr » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:56 pm

metalhead wrote:I blame myself for not using my reverse psychology techniques for this game :(

YOU @RSE HOLD!
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Hammers wanted it more than we did and where first to every ball. No way they will be relegated. We just didnt turn up and again far to many off the pace today. For us its all about just staying in that top 6 and having a crack at the Europa with half an eye on next season. Been doing alright of late but no great surprise we hit a blip after the way we have played most of the season. We still have to field a few that arent up to it but time will fix that and Suarez still looks mint on a bad day at the office.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:16 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Strangely, I'm not too gutted about losing this, only because I knew 4th place went well out the window thanks to uncle Roy.

I am, however, disappointed at the nature of which we conceded three ridiculously soft goals to a soft side like West Ham. We just didn't look solid at all, and especially in the midfield. People who said Mascherano was overrated need to take a bit of a raincheck on that view, because we needed a player like him today to get the foot in where it mattered in the middle of the pitch and anchor us down to give us some needed balance.

We missed Agger badly, but I don't think his presense today would have mattered that much. Wilson is tripe. Sorry, I know he's a youngster and all, and he hasn't played much, but he's not good enough. Far too soft, and his errors were school boy. Kenny's philosphy was sound. It's just a pity that the personnel he had to work with couldn't make it work, either by not being good enough, or just being too casual at going about doing their job.

Not good enough.

By far one of your silliest posts
What the fu'ck has it got to do with Hodgson?
???
This is KK's team, tactics and formation
When we won it was because of Kenny. When we lose its because of Kenny. It really is that simple
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:19 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Strangely, I'm not too gutted about losing this, only because I knew 4th place went well out the window thanks to uncle Roy.

I am, however, disappointed at the nature of which we conceded three ridiculously soft goals to a soft side like West Ham. We just didn't look solid at all, and especially in the midfield. People who said Mascherano was overrated need to take a bit of a raincheck on that view, because we needed a player like him today to get the foot in where it mattered in the middle of the pitch and anchor us down to give us some needed balance.

We missed Agger badly, but I don't think his presense today would have mattered that much. Wilson is tripe. Sorry, I know he's a youngster and all, and he hasn't played much, but he's not good enough. Far too soft, and his errors were school boy. Kenny's philosphy was sound. It's just a pity that the personnel he had to work with couldn't make it work, either by not being good enough, or just being too casual at going about doing their job.

Not good enough.

This coming from you literally means sweet f*ck all, really.

What's not making 4th spot got to do with Roy Hodgson? Are your eyes painted on or something? Lost your memory of the past 7 months, have we?
Last edited by Emerald Red on Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:25 pm

Tophatman wrote:Is it just me or is Reina when playing in front of a good defense fantastic, but when the chips are down, too many times he has no positional sense, today IMO he should have saved at least one of WHU efforts!!

It's just you.

Well at least, that's how I see it. I'd say his biggest weakness is in the air, but I think he has improved that over time.

He should not have been beaten at his near post today, and did look a bit lost for that goal, but I've not seen him regularly caught out of position, in fact I've seen him exactly where we needed him to be a number of times this season.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:27 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

Not good enough.

What's not making 4th spot got to do with Roy Hodgson? Are your eyes painted on or something? Lost your memory of the past 7 months, have we?

:laugh:
So were going to blame Hodsgon for every loss are we?
We cant come 4th because of nasty old Woy making west ham beat us?
Fu*king class you mate
:wwww
Thommo's perm

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:31 pm

What worries me is that we still do not have any shape.  It looks like the players don't know what they're suppose to be doing half the time.  Plus it doesn't help when our best player doesn't look interested until we start loosing the game.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:36 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

Not good enough.

Fu*king class you mate

Are you f*cking dense or what? I don't blame Hodgson for todays defeat. I blame his tenure for f*cking our chances up at getting forth spot. That clear enough for you? Not surprising you're still sucking the oul kunts bollox, seeing that you were one of the very few that still championed him when everyone else wanted the f*cker out.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:39 pm

There is no shame to be beaten by the better side on the day. We were poor but they were excellent. Well done West Ham.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:43 pm

crazyhorse wrote:There is no shame to be beaten by the better side on the day. We were poor but they were excellent. Well done West Ham.

Agreed they battled like their  lives depended on it ,and thoroughly deserved the result .... their defence was superb
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

Not good enough.

Fu*king class you mate

Are you f*cking dense or what? I don't blame Hodgson for todays defeat. I blame his tenure for f*cking our chances up at getting forth spot. That clear enough for you? Not surprising you're still sucking the oul kunts bollox, seeing that you were one of the very few that still championed him when everyone else wanted the f*cker out.

Getting a bit hot under the collar there arent you?
I'll say this as simple and clear as I can:
The way we will make 4th is if we win as many games and gather as many points as we can so that we can go above other teams who are trying to get 4th as well.
Blaming Hodgson or Benitez or anyone else is just childish and really shows how misguided and bitter you are.
I am sure if we had have won today you wouldnt have mentioned woy and he probably wouldnt have crossed your mind, unless you are obsessed with him...

???
Thommo's perm

Postby Rockthekop » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:14 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

Not good enough.

Fu*king class you mate

There's no doubt that had the club appointed Kenny rather than Roy we would be in a much better position IMO.  Appointing Roy was a big mistake, too many bad results under his tenure fecked us up.
Rockthekop

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games