Liverpool vs west ham - 27-02-11

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby anti-hero » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:36 pm

YOU KNOW WHO'S TO BLAME FOR ALL THIS? ???? ????

.. Bermie. :p
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbilly » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:36 pm

anti-hero wrote:
redbilly wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:the FA should hold an inquiry into this match and the officiating of it.

What game were you watching? ?????

more like, WHAT GAME WERE YOU WATCHING?

dude, be honest. even a neutral would point out the gross and unbelievably awful decisions this referee made during the game.

we had about two concrete appeals for a handball, one mistaken corner that was allowed to be put back and retaken, one free kick / yellow card that actually turned into a west ham free kick - i could go on.

ffs i know we played lousy, but the ref was shocking. you have to admit that.

The officials make mistakes in every game and when they go against you it's tough but wanting an FA inquiry is a bit OTT.
WHU wanted the points more than LFC today and blaming the officials is a bit of a kop out.
redbilly

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:37 pm

red_guy wrote:Shouldn't blame the ref. West ham deserved it. They played well and of course, determined. Wanted more than we did. Should ask ourselves why the feck we were that awful...

Yeh, West Ham deserved it, they wanted it more and played better than us.

But the ref was cr@p
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:39 pm

metalhead wrote:
red_guy wrote:Shouldn't blame the ref. West ham deserved it. They played well and of course, determined. Wanted more than we did. Should ask ourselves why the feck we were that awful...

Yeh, West Ham deserved it, they wanted it more and played better than us.

But the ref was cr@p

pick a side wont you?!

:D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:45 pm

anti-hero wrote:
redbilly wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:the FA should hold an inquiry into this match and the officiating of it.

What game were you watching? ?????

more like, WHAT GAME WERE YOU WATCHING?

dude, be honest. even a neutral would point out the gross and unbelievably awful decisions this referee made during the game.

we had about two concrete appeals for a handball, one mistaken corner that was allowed to be put back and retaken, one free kick / yellow card that actually turned into a west ham free kick - i could go on.

ffs i know we played lousy, but the ref was shocking. you have to admit that.

The ref was garbage but not garbage enough that it affected the final result... I mean I think the last goal could have been avoided if he handled the Cole situation differently, but honestly, we blew.

I worry that Gerrard and Carra are just past their prime.  Agger's injured, now Kelly and Meireles are hurt as well and obviously Carroll.  That's 4 key players.

I'd say Suarez and Johnson were the only 2 players that played well.  Before our goal I'd say Johnson was MOTM, but after, Suarez kept going and really showed he cared.  So Suarez would have to be the MOTM for me.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:48 pm

Told you guys we should have played Poulsen :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby destro » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:49 pm

Well that was painful to watch. Apart from Suarez I don't think any other LIVERPOOL player turned up today. West Ham obviously wanted and needed the points more and boy did it show. Oh well onwards and upwards, new owners in who have already shown they are not afraid to flash the cash and Kenny to have a nice long list off players ready to come in for next season. We wont be relegated and I doubt we will finish top 4 so we win the Europa Cup and use the rest of the season as a pre season and shift some of the dead wood at the end of it. I still fancy us to to beat United next week though. :;):
destro

Postby Mikz » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:51 pm

Gerrard didnt play until the last 15 minutes , our whole midfield was wimpish. Fair play to Joe Cole when he came on tho, at least he livened us up.
Johnson put a good shift in too.
As for the rest ...oh my ngog
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:00 pm

Anyway, dont know what went so wrong. We played the formation which I thought it was our best of the season, we won 4 games in a row with that 5-3-2 and didnt concede single goal. Cant belive that we actully conceded a goal against West Ham with 5 players in defence. I considered this a stable formation and tactics, not taking too much risk and wining the game with a goal or two. It worked against a top team like Chelsea, but it didnt against bottome table West Ham?

Very suprised that we lost really, I dont know what's happening with weaker (on paper) teams when they play against us, they always play in their best.

Anyway I was kidding about the Poulsen part in my previous post :)
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:03 pm

we conceded 3 goals because our midfield and defense didn't show up today, especially our defense which looked really poor.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:05 pm

Gutless performance ,and that Skrtel .= sh.ithouse

Every 50/50 ball they won, they destroyed us in the middle of the park. They chased , we never , they were quicker than us all over the park,

I hope Kenny docks the lot of them a weeks wages , if you dont turn up for work you dont get paid, simple. And cole on 90,000 a week .fml
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:05 pm

Positives
I thought upto his injury, Kelly was our best player again. Johnson played really well too. Towards the final 30 mins, both Cole and Suarez started to show ambition, especially Suarez - his form will come, he will take time to adapt to the pace and physicality of the league. With nothing league wise to play for, the absence of pressure will suit him.

Negatives
Wilson looked really poor defensively. Not sure whether it was because he is not used to playing the 3-5-2 system we employed or it is just nerves, either way he MUST improve. Gerrard looked for the most part unfit and unaffective. It's hard to criticise him too much though as he has been out with injury, I'm sure his form will return. Meireles looks knackered, he needs a rest. He has coped well considering it is his debut season over here.

I think we all know now it would be a miracle if we finished higher than 4th. So for me I will be happy with a Europa League title and a win against the mancs next week.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:17 pm

Gutted we lost, was hoping we could build on the momentum of midweek. Hope Carrol makes an appearance against the Mancs.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:21 pm

I blame myself for not using my reverse psychology techniques for this game :(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:32 pm

well i am back from the game now and can post a bit better, for me the team just did not look right from the start. they looked unclear on how they were meant to be playing.

not sure how it come over on tv but we were slow in all areas untill the last 12 mins.
we had two clear prns in my view but have not seen them back on the tv yet but they happend down my end  (in the home fans end)

the 2nd half we missed a good midfield player as west ham were finding it far to easy to beat our midfield.

also feel that in the first half Reina was not at his best and flaped a few times and i feel he could have done better with the first two goals as it looked to me that he lost sight of the ball during the build up to the two first goals.

but in all you have got to hand it to west ham, they were very good today, on paper they are a good team but they never play like it...untill today. Parker was mom for me, he was a power house for them and we could not get past him or beat him.

great save by green aswell.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games