LIVERPOOL vs West Ham

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:33 pm

knew how that game was going to end after about 20 minutes, you can read us like a book sometimes.
infact i`m quite surprised west ham didnt score in the last 10 minutes, thats what usually happens in those types of games.
brendan has got to go back to the drawing board because the better we get as a side more and more opposition teams will be happy with a point at anfield and set up like west ham did.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Penguins » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:32 pm wrote:Frustrating the number of stupid backheels and flick ons Sturrige and Suarez tried.

That got me frustrated as well. What the hell were they thinking?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:40 pm

early goals are crucial in those types of games
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:14 pm

Been a pretty average campaign summed up by another below par effort this
afternoon with inconsistency the key word for us.

The only thing we have to hold on to is what we always hang on to and that's next
year will be better but regrettably that's not usually the case.

Hopefully we can at least beat Everton at home and then fight off interest in Suarez
before upgrading the team ready for another crack next year but apart from that not
much left to do this year other than wait for next.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:54 pm

Im going to try and be upbeat and say it wasnt for the lack of trying that we didnt get a goal. Its just so frustrating that a sh'it team like that can frustrate us so much with their time wasting and useless play.
Saying that, the ref was a disgrace and allowed them to dictate the game through his incompetence. The fella behind me in the Kop nearly had a heart attack raging at the lack of decisions we were getting all through the match.
Opportunity missed today
:down:
Thommo's perm

Postby crim cram » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:59 pm

Suarez didn't have a good game and when the trickery doesn't come off he and the rest of the attacking 4 or 5 look like luxury players.  It was frustrating today, we needed Stevie G circa 2005-2006 today.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:09 pm

crim cram » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:59 pm wrote:Suarez didn't have a good game and when the trickery doesn't come off he and the rest of the attacking 4 or 5 look like luxury players.  It was frustrating today, we needed Stevie G circa 2005-2006 today.

I think its safe to say that only Carragher and Reina came out of today with any credit. The rest just werent at the races (or were they yesterday??) and seemed to lack  any cohesion whatsoever. Not for the lack of trying, but just making wrong choices constantly.
So frustrating as WH are absolute diarrohea
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:13 pm

Poor effort and not good enough from the whole team
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:30 pm

we were a bit unlucky not to be awarded a pen but saying that enrique was lucky not to concede a pen when he caught a west ham player in our box. i heard someone say that tomkins got a touch on the ball before he took gerrard but never the less i`ve seen them given.
with everton and spurs drawing and with the likes of spurs, everton and chelsea still having a few tough games to play a win today would have made things interesting but as per usual when it really matters we dont turn up.
i wouldnt blame rodgers, we`ve been doing that for 20 years.
it just makes you appreciate how mentally tough the players we had years ago like keegan, hughes, smith, rush, dalglish, souness etc etc etc were.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:33 pm

only me » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:22 pm wrote:
only me » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:16 pm wrote:
only me » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:12 pm wrote:Sturridge has been playing like a real dikk from the minute he entered. All flash and no substance. He and Suarez competing for the most brain-dead display's of the season.

Oops sorry forget about Johnson...Glen Wins.

Glen Go Home ffs just pack your diamond bag and walk away....

Not often we see someone multi quoting themselves, are you that desperate for attention ?

WUM of the Season award goes to you, now do us all a favour and STFU.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:00 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:30 pm wrote:we were a bit unlucky not to be awarded a pen but saying that enrique was lucky not to concede a pen when he caught a west ham player in our box. i heard someone say that tomkins got a touch on the ball before he took gerrard but never the less i`ve seen them given.
with everton and spurs drawing and with the likes of spurs, everton and chelsea still having a few tough games to play a win today would have made things interesting but as per usual when it really matters we dont turn up.
i wouldnt blame rodgers, we`ve been doing that for 20 years.
it just makes you appreciate how mentally tough the players we had years ago like keegan, hughes, smith, rush, dalglish, souness etc etc etc were.

A bad day at the office where nothing came off and all decisions were wrong.
At least we didnt lose...
:p
Thommo's perm

Postby kartiek » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:20 pm

Sturridge - needs to stop with the cheeky flicks and pass the ball with more purpose and focus. I know it's too early but I think this cheekiness and lack of desire to step it up, focus, and play smart is what may have led Chelsea to sell him in the first place.
Glen Johnson - needs to either step it up or go. Against the good sides, his defensive lapses are a liability. Attacking wise, he hasn't shown up all of the second half of the season either.
Suarez - completely switched off today, couldn't really complete any pass. It's ok, sometimes the best have off days.

Enrique - was great today, kept hammering at the opposition when he had a chance, and did the defensive work just as well. He was one of the few Liverpool players today who wasn't giving the ball away cheaply.
Coutinho - had a much better game today in terms of connecting his passes. Seemed inventive as usual, but with more focus.
kartiek

Postby only me » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:01 pm

[/quote]

Oops sorry forget about Johnson...Glen Wins.[/quote]

Glen Go Home ffs just pack your diamond bag and walk away....[/quote]

Not often we see someone multi quoting themselves, are you that desperate for attention ?

WUM of the Season award goes to you, now do us all a favour and STFU.[/quote]

Well actually you can STFU ,you are pathetic with your personal insults...I think Coutinho was Boss today and Glen was utter $hiite as he has been for many games. The fact he is "your" players is your problem. He is an amateur.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:05 pm

kartiek » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:20 pm wrote:Sturridge - needs to stop with the cheeky flicks and pass the ball with more purpose and focus. I know it's too early but I think this cheekiness and lack of desire to step it up, focus, and play smart is what may have led Chelsea to sell him in the first place.
Glen Johnson - needs to either step it up or go. Against the good sides, his defensive lapses are a liability. Attacking wise, he hasn't shown up all of the second half of the season either.
Suarez - completely switched off today, couldn't really complete any pass. It's ok, sometimes the best have off days.

Enrique - was great today, kept hammering at the opposition when he had a chance, and did the defensive work just as well. He was one of the few Liverpool players today who wasn't giving the ball away cheaply.
Coutinho - had a much better game today in terms of connecting his passes. Seemed inventive as usual, but with more focus.

Great post ,right on the money with all your comments. Some players came to win some came to play with their selves.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:28 pm

frustrated watching that today and for all our dominance the closest anyone came to scoring was the chance lucas kneed off the line.
enrique played well and so did agger. coutinho looks a good buy and next season id say him and suarez will be lethal. the sturridge we saw today was reminiscent of when he played for chelsea.
we had plenty of opportunities to put that game beyond but we were just lacking the final touch again.
its games like this that i wish we had carroll on the bench. we have natural width in the side and we could have peppered him with crosses for the last 15 mins and taken the win.
next season just cant come quick enough  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games