Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:20 am

Great win.  :buttrock
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:08 pm

just before west ham scored to make it 2-1 i thought we were playing some of our best stuff of the season, there was a 5-10 minute spell where we were passing it around and opening west ham up almost at will, it was very similar to some of our better performances from last year and it was fantastic to watch. when they did get one back though i must admit thought we were going to blow it but once luis scored it was game over.
it was important that we bounced back well after the hull debacle (which was probably our worst performance for about 3 or 4 years (which is saying something)) and we did that
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:13 pm

Coutinho's passing was phenomenal yesterday! :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Did anybody think we looked better after Stevie went off?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:06 pm

devaney » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:50 pm wrote:Did anybody think we looked better after Stevie went off?

dont think there was that much difference tbh, we certainly had a dodgy spell when he was off the field but that coincided with them scoring not gerrard going off.
we soon regained control of the game and finished very strongly
i think it might even be a bit of a blessing in disguise if gerrard misses the away trip to spurs, we havent done anything down there since 07 and they usually make us chase shadows for 90 minutes (thats not really a forte of gerrard these days) so maybe we can go with a mobile midfield 3 and try to press and harry them to f##k and see what happens.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:25 pm

devaney » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:50 pm wrote:Did anybody think we looked better after Stevie went off?

I thought we had 10 excellent minutes in which Sterling decided to show why he should NOT to start a game anymore..After that Martin's freak show changed the game dynamics.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:29 am

only me » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:25 pm wrote:

I thought we had 10 excellent minutes in which Sterling decided to show why he should NOT to start a game anymore..After that Martin's freak show changed the game dynamics.

I actually thought that Sterling had his best game since he signed his £50k a week contract. Yes I know he should have scored but overall his performance was a major improvement. I've got to try and remember that he is only 19.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:55 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:06 pm wrote:

dont think there was that much difference tbh, we certainly had a dodgy spell when he was off the field but that coincided with them scoring not gerrard going off.
i think it might even be a bit of a blessing in disguise if gerrard misses the away trip to spurs, we havent done anything down there since 07 and they usually make us chase shadows for 90 minutes (thats not really a forte of gerrard these days) so maybe we can go with a mobile midfield 3 and try to press and harry them to f##k and see what happens.

I think it could go either way Gerrard being out of the team.  Agree a high pressing game at Spurs is what's needed.  If we sit back and invite them on then I can see them dominating the midfield and eventually grinding out the win.  They've also got a tough game against Anzi midweek so a high tempo game next weekend is the last thing they want.

However I do think Gerrard's presence brings a confidence and calmness to players around him and in away games. Especially if things aren't going well, I'd rather have his experience than not.  There's no reason why we couldn't play Gerrard as the sitter and have Henderson and Allen press in this type of game.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:10 am

JC_81 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:55 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:06 pm wrote:

I think it could go either way Gerrard being out of the team.  Agree a high pressing game at Spurs is what's needed.  If we sit back and invite them on then I can see them dominating the midfield and eventually grinding out the win.  They've also got a tough game against Anzi midweek so a high tempo game next weekend is the last thing they want.

However I do think Gerrard's presence brings a confidence and calmness to players around him and in away games. Especially if things aren't going well, I'd rather have his experience than not.  There's no reason why we couldn't play Gerrard as the sitter and have Henderson and Allen press in this type of game.

yeah, as i said in another thread saturdays game was probably the only game this season where our midfield seemed to outwork and over run the opposition and that was with gerrard in there too so allen and hendo do bring a lot of energy to the table.
against spurs i would have loved to have seen a midfield of hendo, lucas and allen behind a strike force of suarez, sturridge and coutinho, i think that would have given us a good balance between defence and attack, but now with sturridge and gerrard missing there is going to be a hell of a lot of pressure on luis to conjure up something.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games