Liverpool vs west ham - 27-02-11

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:28 pm

burjennio wrote:Roll on the summer and some rebuilding.

starting at the back!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex88 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:29 pm

applause for Suarez, he tried to score until the end. and he made a great assist for Jhonson.

a fantastic player.
Alex88

Postby sgs » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:29 pm

Over the last few weeks, we have been punished by the mistakes in the summer by Purslow. Letting Aquilani go, Insua and then signing Joe Cole and the injury prone Aurelio...

We have a top player in Suarez but we do not have the midfield to service him; we have an up and coming defensive midfielder in Lucas but no solid partners around him and no subs for Mirelles or Gerrard, no lef midfield and no left back....
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:29 pm

metalhead wrote:
burjennio wrote:Roll on the summer and some rebuilding.

starting at the back!

yes... Philipe Mexes...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:31 pm

redbilly wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:the FA should hold an inquiry into this match and the officiating of it.

What game were you watching? ?????

more like, WHAT GAME WERE YOU WATCHING?

dude, be honest. even a neutral would point out the gross and unbelievably awful decisions this referee made during the game.

we had about two concrete appeals for a handball, one mistaken corner that was allowed to be put back and retaken, one free kick / yellow card that actually turned into a west ham free kick - i could go on.

ffs i know we played lousy, but the ref was shocking. you have to admit that.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:31 pm

got to the game in the end, :censored: shocking from us but we shoukd have had two pens in the first half. Parker was verystrong for them today. Off to find my car now.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Yeh right let's all have a one big fat juicy whine over the ref...He is the reason we are playing like shiite for god knows how many games now. he is the reason why Kenny for somereason is playing a defensive setup ,why players as Skertel and Kuyt still get first shirt ,why Paulson is on the bench and not Pacheco...Give it a rest boys ,we have a squad which requires a complete demolition and rebuild and a manager which is just to conservative for his own good and reputation.

Till Next Time YNWA!!
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Strangely, I'm not too gutted about losing this, only because I knew 4th place went well out the window thanks to uncle Roy.

I am, however, disappointed at the nature of which we conceded three ridiculously soft goals to a soft side like West Ham. We just didn't look solid at all, and especially in the midfield. People who said Mascherano was overrated need to take a bit of a raincheck on that view, because we needed a player like him today to get the foot in where it mattered in the middle of the pitch and anchor us down to give us some needed balance.

We missed Agger badly, but I don't think his presense today would have mattered that much. Wilson is tripe. Sorry, I know he's a youngster and all, and he hasn't played much, but he's not good enough. Far too soft, and his errors were school boy. Kenny's philosphy was sound. It's just a pity that the personnel he had to work with couldn't make it work, either by not being good enough, or just being too casual at going about doing their job.

Not good enough.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sgs » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:31 pm

metalhead wrote:2 soft goals we conceded, really soft, its down to basic errors in defense. Wilson is not ready, Skrtel is absolutely garbage and Carragher needs someone good with him. Lucas had a :censored: game, didn't even commit like he always used to and was slow for the pace that West Ham played in. Gerrard had a poor first half but picked it up in the second half, tried to score a goal.

Joe Cole and Suarez looked good though

U have to have been watching a different game on Cole and Wilson!

Wilson had zero cover in front of him with Cole constantly drifting to the center and offering nothing...He needs to be given away for free!
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby anti-hero » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:32 pm

Alex88 wrote:applause for Suarez, he tried to score until the end. and he made a great assist for Jhonson.

a fantastic player.

concurred. the way he twists his body to fool markers is amazing.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:33 pm

hate sitting with the west ham fans end when we dont win but on the good side you dont get held back at theend.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:34 pm

anti-hero wrote:
redbilly wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:the FA should hold an inquiry into this match and the officiating of it.

What game were you watching? ?????

more like, WHAT GAME WERE YOU WATCHING?

dude, be honest. even a neutral would point out the gross and unbelievably awful decisions this referee made during the game.

we had about two concrete appeals for a handball, one mistaken corner that was allowed to be put back and retaken, one free kick / yellow card that actually turned into a west ham free kick - i could go on.

ffs i know we played lousy, but the ref was shocking. you have to admit that.

thank you anti-hero :D my sentiments exactly.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby red_guy » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:34 pm

Shouldn't blame the ref. West ham deserved it. They played well and of course, determined. Wanted more than we did. Should ask ourselves why the feck we were that awful...
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:35 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Strangely, I'm not too gutted about losing this, only because I knew 4th place went well out the window thanks to uncle Roy.

I am, however, disappointed at the nature of which we conceded three ridiculously soft goals to a soft side like West Ham. We just didn't like solid at all, and especially in the midfield. People who said Mascherano was overrated need to take a bit of a raincheck on that view, because we needed a player like him today to get the foot in where it mattered in the middle of the pitch and anchor us down to give us some needed balance.

We missed Agger badly, but I don't think his presense today would have mattered that much. Wilson is tripe. Sorry, I know he's a youngster and all, and he hasn't played much, but he's not good enough. Far too soft, and his errors were school boy. Kenny's philosphy was sound. It's just a pity that the personnel he had to work with couldn't make it work, either by not being good enough, or just being too casual at going about doing their job.

Not good enough.

good post,

agree about the defense. very soft goals to concede (except for the first one which was absolutely class from Parker). Lucas can't handle the type of quick tempo which West Ham played, looked very slow and couldn't close the midfield down properly. Gerrard and Meireles were just :censored: :(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jimmy brighton » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:35 pm

We have not played well since the Chelski game. In fact I'd go as far to say we've been sh*t since the Chelski game. When Kenny came in the team was obviously low on confidence so his first job was to instil that back into our make-up. I think now he's got to undo some of that because as I said at half-time, it's as if the team feel they only have to turn up and forget how much hard work it took to beat the likes of Chelski
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games