SWANSEA CITY VS LIVERPOOL: Monday 16th Sep SS1 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:32 pm

only me » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:02 am wrote: Sakho should start and u can put skertel as RB if glen is out.

I'd sooner have Toure at RB than Skrtel, seem to recall Toure as a regular starter at RB during his early Arsenal days.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:16 pm

I'd go with the same team as the first two league games if Toure is definitely fit.
Bringing Wisdom in for Johnson. I dont think we should be looking to change too much when we are on a winning run.
Swansea away wont be easy but they will want to play football and we have better players than them so I am optimistic about this one.
Aspas struggled against united a bit but his movement and use of the ball against Stoke was great. Hopefully against a side that like to play he can get a bit more time on the ball.

I am looking forward to seeing Moses but think for this game he would make an ideal substitute. Bring him on about 65-70 and let him stretch tired legs further.

I think we will do these 2-0 Sturridge and a Gerrard penalty.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:27 pm

Greavesie » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:25 am wrote:I think a lot of teams will try to exploit that right back position with Johnson out. Other than that I'm happy with the line up, Aspas was a bit overwhelmed against the Mancs and Moses will be dying to get out there and show what he can do. Swansea away isn't an easy game, manager at a former club added to the mix as well. Still no football at the weekned tho  :(

Any result will do, 1:0 Studge will do just fine  :D

You mean like they do when Johnson's in? :D

I'd play Kelly ahead of Wisdom any day.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:28 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:32 pm wrote:
only me » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:02 am wrote: Sakho should start and u can put skertel as RB if glen is out.

I'd sooner have Toure at RB than Skrtel, seem to recall Toure as a regular starter at RB during his early Arsenal days.

Old age playin tricks on your memory  :;):
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:54 pm

Will be interesting to see what we do with the backline.
At CB, it's anyones guess who starts alongside Agger for this one. Sakho is probably our pick of the bunch in terms of quality but will we thrown him in from day 1 in what might prove to be a tricky fixture against an attacking side? Both Skrtel and Toure played well when given the chance and both should be expecting a start based on that. My guess is that if Toure is fit, he'll get the nod solely based on the fact that his partnership with Agger is the one that Rodgers seemed to be pushing through in preseason and for the first couple of fixtures.
Like Johnson or hate him, he offered an outlet down the right flank and between him and Henderson there was a bit of balance and presence down both ends of the pitch. Put Wisdom in for Johnson, and I think Henderson's deficiencies going forward are exposed. We might be okay at the back, but we'll lack any sort of penetration and creativity down the right flank imo. Our other options for RB are Kelly and Toure. Kelly seems to be lacking in fitness if reports are to be believed which leaves Toure who also wont offer much in terms of attacking contribution down the flank. A different solution (regardless of who is picked at RB) might be playing Moses instead of Henderson down the right flank for this one with perhaps Henderson/Cissokho starting down the left flank.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:02 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Skrtel is never a right back - played there once against Boro in 08/09 and got torn apart by their winger ( think was Downing )

Played a couple of seasons back V spurs at Rb Bale Raped him and he got sent off

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:42 pm

LFC1990 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:02 am wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Skrtel is never a right back - played there once against Boro in 08/09 and got torn apart by their winger ( think was Downing )

Played a couple of seasons back V spurs at Rb Bale Raped him and he got sent off

Albeit worth mentioning the second yellow card Bale got him was a complete dive. Or was it the first? I can't remember.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:32 am

StuYesThatStu » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:28 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:32 pm wrote:

Old age playin tricks on your memory  :;):

???

from wiki
Touré did not make his debut for the first team until the next season, against Liverpool in the FA Community Shield in August 2002.[3] Initially regarded as a utility player, he started his Arsenal career as a defensive midfielder as well as right back

I'll take my ageing memory over your lobotomy thanx Stu  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:35 am

With Johnson being out and our options of quality cover limited to either Wisdom or playing a predominantly Central defender out of position, I would
personally prefer Flanagan at RB than any of the other possibles proposed,and its about time we integrated another born and bred Scouser into our
back line.

I think the lad should be given another opportunity to impress ,I mean after his debut under Dalglish at Man City everyone was lauding how cool the kid
was under pressure ,and after such a phenomenal display Liverpool Legends such as Chris Lawler stated he was one of the most natural players he has
ever seen at RB. Lawler doesn't exactly throw eulogies around like confetti.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:44 am

Flanagan is another Spearing - lots of heart but just doesn't have the ability to make it. If we really want to give another youngster then they should give McLaughlin a go - far more talented than Flanagan. Flanagan should be a last resort.
Benny The Noon

Postby killerp » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:21 am

Will anyone complain if we win 1-0 again by a Sturridge goal?

Common u reds lets stay on top  :buttrock
killerp

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:20 am

LFC1990 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:02 pm wrote:

To be fair on Skrtel it was Bale. It may be worth another chance.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:29 am

killerp » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:21 am wrote:Will anyone complain if we win 1-0 again by a Sturridge

I won't but I'm sure someone will :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:20 am

SouthCoastShankly » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:20 am wrote:
LFC1990 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:02 pm wrote:

To be fair on Skrtel it was Bale. It may be worth another chance.

Agreed ,for some reason I remember Skertel as a decent RB in the few games he did play that position. If Torre is out,play Sakho CB  and Martin RB.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:50 am

Do you guys really think that Rodgers is going to use Skrtel as a RB? Never going to happen IMO.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games