LIVERPOOL VS SPURS - Wed. Jan. 20 (Rescheduled)

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:12 pm

Spurs top scorers

Well after that terrible performance away at Reading next up is Spurs at home. Been looking forward to this one for a while because im going over to it. If the Villa game was a big one in terms of points and league position then this one is just as big. When the season started we went to White Hart Lane nearly expecting to get all 3 points – how things have changed!!

Its another must win game and the fact that its at home adds to the pressure to get all 3 points. If we are to finish in the top 4 this season them Spurs along with City and Villa are our main challengers so in some terms this is a bit of a 6 pointer. Spurs have been scoring a lot of goals this season 28 at home and 14 away. Including of course the 9-1 demolition of Wigan. Defoe is on fire this season and will be on the plane to South Africa along with in my opinion former red Peter Crouch. They had a great partnership together at Porstmouth and seem to be mirroring it at Spurs. Aaron Lennon is another who has been it unbelievable so far. There is talk he is out for 2 weeks but I have a feeling he will play in this one. If he is anyway fit at all Harry will play him. Modric is back from injury as well and his replacement Kranjcar has been just as good when he got his chance. What a good buy he would have been – a snip at just 2 million. At the back the have been solid enough conceding just 8 at home and 14 away but I suppose this is there weakness and there is questions sometimes over the goalkeeper.

We will be without Johnston who got injured in the Villa game. I would have Carragher take his place and bring Skertl into the middle with Agger. Aurelio needs to come in in place of Insua who is going through a bad patch at the moment. In the middle Lucas should start in the middle with Aquilani with Lucas sitting deep and Gerrard and Torres in front of them.

Anyway ill be over at this one shouting my head of and hopefully watching us win 3-1 and another 3 points
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tottenham Dave » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:07 pm

I'm looking forward to this one too, but I'd take a point right now, we rarely do well at your place.

We are playing very well at the moment, and but for poor finishing against Stoke and Wolves we'd be on level points with United. Still, it's all ifs and buts innit.

It doesn't look like Lenny will make the match, so that means a similar starting midfield as today - Modric, Huddlestone, Palacios, Kranjcar. Still decent.
Tottenham Dave

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:43 pm

Hmmm, it's a question of which Liverpool will turn up, isn't it? If today's Liverpool turn up, we're f*cked to put it bluntly.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:20 pm

Tottenham Dave wrote:I'm looking forward to this one too, but I'd take a point right now, we rarely do well at your place.

We are playing very well at the moment, and but for poor finishing against Stoke and Wolves we'd be on level points with United. Still, it's all ifs and buts innit.

It doesn't look like Lenny will make the match, so that means a similar starting midfield as today - Modric, Huddlestone, Palacios, Kranjcar. Still decent.

Alright Dave  :D
LFC2007

Postby Zidane » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:34 am

Think the players will be up for it and the 8 days off will do us a lot of good thinking we'll win it 2-1 with goals from Torres and Gerrard.
Zidane

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:38 am

Zidane wrote:Think the players will be up for it and the 8 days off will do us a lot of good thinking we'll win it 2-1 with goals from Torres and Gerrard.

hmff , tell them there on a fifty grand bonus and we might get a few who can be botherd to adjust there shin pads properly
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:02 am

come on people lets just put it down to it being a tricky 3rd round F.A cup tie and move on, many a big team have fallen at this stage so no surprise to me that we didnt get a result, yes it looks bad as its just another bad result in a frustrating season but these games do happen even when your playing well.

anyway must win game (again) against Spurs this time and i think we`ll do them, wont be easy but i think we`ll pull it out the bag.

then we have

Reading (reply)

then league games against

Stoke (A)
Wolves (A)
Bolton (H)
Everton (H)

so Come on Redmen
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby made in UK » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:15 am

An average side against a side with top 4 aspirations.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:16 am

made in UK wrote:An average side against a side with top 4 aspirations.

I actually think they are a bit better than average mate.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:36 pm

bigmick wrote:

Who do you think I'm refering to?
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:25 pm

made in UK wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Who do you think I'm refering to?

we really need that sarcy smiley
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Fauxy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:20 pm

We need to actually WANT to win this game if we are to get anything out of it.. the ambition against reading was awful.

The problem isnt with the formation and isnt about playing more than one striker. Its about actually passing the ball into threatening area's and creating chances.

If we can do that against spurs then we have got a good chance of taking 3 points.
Fauxy

Postby aCe' » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:25 pm

Wheres Riera ? Havent heard much about his injury and i think hes one of our more important players... We've missed his contributions from the left flank this season and the sooner we get him fit and have Insua out of the side the better...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:32 pm

Riera is still recovering from injury.

I dont think he will make much of a difference if he came back anyways to be honest.. on his day he is fantastic but he is inconsistent and what we need right now is a conistent performer.
Fauxy

Postby Madmax » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:00 pm

Tough match and one which i really can't call.. We just don't know what side will turn up...
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games