LIVERPOOL VS SPURS - Wed. Jan. 20 (Rescheduled)

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby shawnk » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:25 pm

"We have a semi-final on Wednesday night and a lot of these players today won't be playing,'' (Alex) Ferguson said.

I really hope Rafa can say something like that and act on it so that the players do fight for places by performing. If players know they can play sh!t and yet still get to start the next game, most of them will not work OT for it. Lucas did play better when his competitor was playing as well, I wonder if it's just coincident.
shawnk

Postby Greavesie » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:47 pm

well if the plauers aren't fired up for this one they'll never be. Absolute must win game for us, every game is from here on in. I'm gonna go for 3:1 to the lads. They're sh!t really, let's show them up :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:51 pm

What I think they should do, is show some of the LFC games from the 70's to the current squad. Then straight after, show a repeat of this season's opening fixture....and then see what impact it has...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:55 pm

Iain Dowie used to show his Palace side the Rocky films before matches ???
LFC2007

Postby bigmick » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Apologies to made in Uk, I knew what he meant I was just messing. As far as this game is concerned, it's probably another "must not lose" if not quite a "must win". I think we will win it as our players seem to be able get up for big matches no problem. I think we'll edge a tight game 2-1.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:35 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:What I think they should do, is show some of the LFC games from the 70's to the current squad. Then straight after, show a repeat of this season's opening fixture....and then see what impact it has...

What i think they should do mate is give them half an hour in front of the fans , so we can tell them straight what a fecking disgrace to the shirt they are, and the fecking lot of them need to show some backbone, id fecking tell them no problems

And im not confident about this game at all, Ill be honest im not expecting nothing from them, Lets see if they turn up on the pitch
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:03 pm

Reina

Carragher                     Skrtel                   Agger                      Aurelio

Gerrard                                  Lucas                 Aquilani                  Yossi

Torres               Kuyt

1-1 , Keane and Lucas for us
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:34 am

Fauxy wrote:Riera is still recovering from injury.

I dont think he will make much of a difference if he came back anyways to be honest.. on his day he is fantastic but he is inconsistent and what we need right now is a conistent performer.

The thing I don't think people realize about Riera is that even on his bad days he still provides us with width that no one else does out there.  He consistently stays out wide and has the ability to do something there that defenders have to worry about.  He gives everyone else the space needed to play in the middle without needing to be in the middle to be effective.  Aurelio doesn't give us that and neither does Benny.  In my opinion Riera just being in the lineup when playing well or playing badly makes the Gerrard/Torres partnership more effective.

That's my view on it at least, I can't wait until he is finally healthy and can have a few runs in the team without re-injuring himself.
Zidane

Postby Greavesie » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:55 am

Toffeehater wrote:Reina

Carragher                     Skrtel                   Agger                      Aurelio

Gerrard                                  Lucas                 Aquilani                  Yossi

Torres               Kuyt

1-1 , Keane and Lucas for us

christ mate you'll get a fair few coin back if you put a fiver on that!  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:37 am

edit/
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:39 am

NANNY RED wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:What I think they should do, is show some of the LFC games from the 70's to the current squad. Then straight after, show a repeat of this season's opening fixture....and then see what impact it has...

What i think they should do mate is give them half an hour in front of the fans , so we can tell them straight what a fecking disgrace to the shirt they are, and the fecking lot of them need to show some backbone, id fecking tell them no problems

And im not confident about this game at all, Ill be honest im not expecting nothing from them, Lets see if they turn up on the pitch

Either / Or, Nan...I think we're agreed that the lads need SOME kind of kick up the hole.....
bunglemark2

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:21 pm

I think we will win this one comfortably as long as the players "turn up". I fancy us to win 2-0 or 3-1 with Gerrard and Torres getting the goals for us.

Must win game yet again! as if we lose this one we could struggle for the top 4 spot. Thankfully the win against Villa relieved a littl bit of pressure, but we really need to win this one.
account deleted by request

Postby tonyeh » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:22 pm

I hope you're right S@int. To be honest, I don't see a win here, unless it's a lucky knock in like the Villa game (I'll take it).

But, if we couldn't put Reading away, I can't see us doing an on-form Spurs, that's for sure.
tonyeh

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:35 pm

Think we'll lose this one 3-0 and Rafa will be sacked .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:11 pm

Zidane wrote:
Fauxy wrote:Riera is still recovering from injury.

I dont think he will make much of a difference if he came back anyways to be honest.. on his day he is fantastic but he is inconsistent and what we need right now is a conistent performer.

The thing I don't think people realize about Riera is that even on his bad days he still provides us with width that no one else does out there.  He consistently stays out wide and has the ability to do something there that defenders have to worry about.  He gives everyone else the space needed to play in the middle without needing to be in the middle to be effective.  Aurelio doesn't give us that and neither does Benny.  In my opinion Riera just being in the lineup when playing well or playing badly makes the Gerrard/Torres partnership more effective.

That's my view on it at least, I can't wait until he is finally healthy and can have a few runs in the team without re-injuring himself.

I guess that is true, he is always there on the touchline..

I just always remember him making silly mistakes. Still A better option than Aurelio or Babel.

Youve gave me something to ponder now  :D  Im going to be watchin for this space he creates when he next plays because I think you may be right...
Fauxy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games