Spurs V Liverpool Sat/15/09/18 Ko 12.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:49 pm

Keitas struggling a bit with the pace of the prem.

He was ineffective today.

Disappointed in what I've seen of him so far. He's off the pace, and isn't creating many chances for the forwards.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:50 pm

Yup i agree our attackers are a bit off but I'm sure the lads will click into gear. There was quite a few bad decisions from Salah and Mane.

Our defence is looking very strong, something that we've lacked for seasons.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:48 pm

damjan193 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:28 pm wrote:Ironically, I'm a lot more concerned in that attack of ours more than anything, missing sitters and making bad decisions in all of our 5 games this season. Firmino looked like he might not have been match fit so he can be excused but Mane and Salah should be doing a lot better with the chances that they're getting. If anyone deserves to be sat on the bench is one of those two.

The mf has been doing fine and, ironically again, I think we might have the best defence in the league and thank god for that otherwise we would have been no where near the top of the league.

I don't think the MF is doing fine, our MF lacks creativity and goals, out of a team of 11 players you need more than 3 attackers, today we lacked (dare I say it) someone like a Coutinho or Fekir who can see a pass and deliver it, the amount of opportunities we blew today because someone overhit, underhit or misplaced an otherwise straightforward pass was ridiculous.
The one good thing is these days even when we aren't playing particularly well we stay in games because (Leicester aside) we no longer gift the opposition cheap goals, ironically today it was Spurs who gifted us a couple of freebee's, for the past 4 or 5 years it's been us filling the comedy highlight reels.
I was one of the people who often argued for the likes of Simon and Loris to be given another chance but seeing the difference Alisson has already made its amazing it took us so long to spend big on a keeper.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:59 pm

So a big win against a rival 5 from 5 and this Yakka bloke still bleating about the midfield- what a sad sack of *****.

You predicted doom and gloom against the top 4 because of the midfield but today they were good and the reason it wasn’t 6/7 was the front three
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:03 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:20 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:09 pm wrote: interesting enough Dembele was so poor I actually checked his age, he turned 31 in July and it showed.

What, he actually aged so much in just one season from the Dembele who ran us ragged last season!??

Look at Alexi Sanchez, once he hit 30 his powers seemed to wane overnight never mind in 12 months.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:05 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:59 pm wrote:So a big win against a rival 5 from 5 and this Yakka bloke still bleating about the midfield- what a sad sack of *****.

You predicted doom and gloom against the top 4 because of the midfield but today they were good and the reason it wasn’t 6/7 was the front three

Is there any need to call me a sad sack of sh[it]e?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:18 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:59 pm wrote:So a big win against a rival 5 from 5 and this Yakka bloke still bleating about the midfield- what a sad sack of *****.

relax mate no need for this..Yaka is 100% right! Keita and Fabinho were signed exaxtly to address this issue so chill the fck up..We are all buzzing because of the results but we need our new signings to step up to make it to the next level.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:33 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:03 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:20 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:09 pm wrote: interesting enough Dembele was so poor I actually checked his age, he turned 31 in July and it showed.

What, he actually aged so much in just one season from the Dembele who ran us ragged last season!??

Look at Alexi Sanchez, once he hit 30 his powers seemed to wane overnight never mind in 12 months.

And Milner is 32!

We're doomed in Midfield. Get Fabinho in now.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:05 pm wrote:

Relax, I think Lallana is Stu the Red. A proper troll in here. His arguing with other members and insults, remind me exactly of him. :nod
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:49 pm

The positives are that we are top of the league with five wins and we havent even got out of first gear yet!
The negatives are that we are top of the league with five wins and we havent even got out of first gear yet!
Its too early to start moaning and our expectations should be lowered until we are playing as we did near the end of last season. At the moment we are sluggish and disjointed, we are wasteful upfront and hesitant in midfield.
The sooner we get into our stride and rhythm the better, because my nerves are Fu*king shot at the moment!
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:52 pm

Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:49 pm wrote:The positives are that we are top of the league

We're not top though, we are second. Check the league table.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:58 pm

It’s depressing - everything about the club is so positive , come on here and then there is you - no wonder this place is a ghost town
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:05 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:52 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:49 pm wrote:The positives are that we are top of the league

We're not top though, we are second. Check the league table.

I'll take your word for it. Last time I looked we were
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:10 pm

Absolutely chuffed we came through that with the 3 points  :laugh:

Milner fully deserves the MOTM as he was everywhere today. Covered a lot of ground and positions when needed. Wijnaldum also played well alongside him. Another good show from Gomez also and Van Dijk is just a beast.

The finishing was poor today but so was the service again from Midfield. Disappointed again with the subs also. Henderson brings very little to the table and just camped out in front of the defence. For those who think Sturridge has a part to play for us should watch that game again from when he came on. He does not suit the system and won't bother his hole chasing lads either. He didn't cover himself in glory either for their goal with some sort of half ar$ed jump out of the way. He still thinks he is a megastar instead of someone who has a lot to prove.

Anyway this was a big test today and we passed. It was far from perfect but enough on the day to maintain our 100% start to the season  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:17 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:34 pm wrote:

Relax, I think Lallana is Stu the Red. A proper troll in here. His arguing with other members and insults, remind me exactly of him. :nod

Stu passed on nearly 2 years ago so it couldn't be him. Its 100% Benny the Noon.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games