LIVERPOOL VS SPURS - Wed. Jan. 20 (Rescheduled)

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:55 am

just heard about the result....

GET IN, YEAH GET THE :censored: IN LADS... :censored: RESULT!!!!  :buttrock

ahem. :)
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:57 am

7_Kewell wrote:just heard about the result....

GET IN, YEAH GET THE :censored: IN LADS... :censored: RESULT!!!!  :buttrock

ahem. :)

:D

Feels good don't it.

Lets make it a habit now!
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Snake » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:57 am

Good game, Degen should've came off for Maxi earlier..And why the hell is Benitez so reluctant to bringing in Babel? He chose Darby! That sub gave me shivers.
Anyways, apart from all the praises to our players, I think one guy you guys didn't give credit to was Reina. Had some wonderful punches and parries here and there, especially against headers. Almost cost us a goal, but saved by the flag.
Snake

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:58 am

Fair play to harry , gave us full credit for that win.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:59 am

such an important result tonight, and even more so that we done it without Torres or Gerrard.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:02 am

Hopefully this is the start of a strong finish from the lads. We might ust pick up in time for the UEFA cup. It's not a lot, but a cups a cup and I'd glady take that and the CL qualification right now
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:06 am

looked like we wanted it more. Lots of little things like the effort Carra put in to win that corner at the end of the first half, he had no business winning that ball.

Also on the move that earned the penalty, that was Darby, to Maxi, to N'gog, all 3 subs combining.

From the endline to the box I though Degen actually played pretty well.  I wonder if we will keep with this style only with Johnson in midfield in the future?

I think with everybody fit you can make a decent 18 out of:
Reina, Johnson, Carra, Krygiakos, Agger, Aurelio, Insua, Riera, Maxi, Mascherano, Lucas, Aquilani, Kuyt, Yossi Gerrard, Torres, N'gog, Cavalieri
JoeTerp

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:07 am

It may not have been pretty at times, but just like on Saturday, tonight we had 11 players busting a gut and giving it there all, and this hasn’t always been the case when Gerrard and Torres have been playing. They are both obviously fantastic players but they also both have a tendency to have a moan and get in a strop when things aren’t going thier way.

We haven’t been playing well all season and haven’t been picking results either so confidence has been low but in the last 2 games I have really felt that the 11 players out there have been functioning as a team and giving 100% to work their way back into form.

The likes of Kyrgiakos, Degen and Lucas deserve a shout out as they have been castigated but are giving it their all and putting in some decent performances.

Well done to everyone tonight.
Last edited by Cool Hand Luke on Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:10 am

Just watching the game on LFC TV now . Carra to Degan ..." DEGEN ,DEGEN GET THE FECKIN BALL"  :laugh:
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:11 am

Made up for Kuyt tonight he worked his ar.se off , Well in Rafa lad you had your Dirk out tonight :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:13 am

Zidane wrote:
anti-hero wrote:
Zidane wrote:Anyone see the Greek just outmuscle the spurs players for headers?  Was great to see him be physical like that and he knocked some of them on their @rse quite a few times.  He didn't even win the ball at times just went up and hit them had me laughin.

Nothin but good things to say about the greek, signed for scraps, plays hard, never says a word in the press and does alright for his price tag.

its surprising to me, how zorba the greek has fitted into the team. i've always held the notion that he was an unnecessary, wtf, kind of buy. but i'll admit i was dead wrong.  :D  he has surprised me these past two games. his aerial ability and strenth has given us the ability to win those kind of balls that are so evident in scrappy games like stoke and funnily enough, tottenham. he's not a sami hyypia, but he does the job.

well done.  :)

but im concerned about skrtel's place in the team now.  :down:

The greek has leadership qualities and a good spirit about him so I like him, in a lesser league you could see how he could be a great player.  Great signing as cover for our CBs.

Looks a decent goal threat when he`s on the park too.
I can see him noding one in against wolves.
We need fighters right now and he`s definitely one.
Well done.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:14 am

Mash for me was man of the match and i though Lucas was solid in the middle. Great to see Riera back, we missed his quality and time on the ball.

The big greek played well for the second game in succsesion and has made a shout for a regular start in the team.  Roll on the Wolves game hopefully we can go on a run now
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:16 am

Only saw bits and pieces of the game as my stream was pretty sh...i...t...e. Cracking result to go with the last minute win at Villa and it keeps us well and truly in touch in this race for 4th spot. The lads showed a lot of character tonight, physical game and they were clearly up for it plus fairplay to the fans who showed their quality once again. The big challenge now is for the manager to progress this side that won a scrappy hard fought win tonight into a side that plays with a bit of confidence, a bit of adventure and a bit of flair in our next two fixtures against Wolves and Bolton.

Hard to disagree with the praise coming the Greek's way, we suddenly look like a physical side again these past two weeks. Hope Rafa sees this and leaves the lad in there for the next few games. I've still got the same doubts about Aqua but he looks fit to me now.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:19 am

NANNY RED wrote:Made up for Kuyt tonight he worked his ar.se off , Well in Rafa lad you had your Dirk out tonight :nod

he really displayed passion tonight Nan when he scored both goals. Keep it up lad
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:25 am

I thought Aquilani showed some touches of class tonight, and gave us all a glimpse of what should be to come. He linked very well with Kuyt and definitely has an eye for a through-ball.

I just hope the whining scumbags can see it, too. (But then, Alonso wasn't very good, now, was he? :laugh: )

Great spirit from the boys and we dominated apart from a couple of spells on the back foot. (Nothing new there.)

Good games from Degen, Kyrgiakos, Lucas, Carra, Insua, Reina, Riera and, of course, Dirk - what a guy!

Well in, Rafa - your not so sh*te afterall...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games