LIVERPOOL VS SPURS - Wed. Jan. 20 (Rescheduled)

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Fauxy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:07 pm

Match Ratings:

Reina - 7
Skrtel - 6
Kyrgiakos - 7
Carragher - 7
Insua - 6
Degen - 6
Mascherano - 7
Lucas - 8
Aquilani - 7
Riera - 7
Kuyt - 8

Subs:
Ngog - 8
Maxi - 7

My man of the match i would have to say Kuyt, never stopped running.
Fauxy

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:08 pm

hey i knew we would win go figure
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:09 pm

Ciggy wrote:hey i knew we would win go figure

so did I

Bale started  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:10 pm

ooh err....just saw Arshavin's goal....somethin' else.....go have a butcher's at it...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:18 pm

OH OH OH OH OH OH JAVIER MASCHERANO :buttrock  :buttrock
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:18 pm

Our next 2 games are away to wolves and at home to bolton , on paper its looking like 6 points if we get those 6 points we'd really crank up the pressure on the top 4 . Gerrard could return against wolves next week i think
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:21 pm

Spurs look very average when modric and kranjcar are marked out by teams , glad to see that they've resorted to the long ball tatic we used to play when crouch was here.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:26 pm

Ciggy wrote:hey i knew we would win go figure

So did I  :nod
account deleted by request

Postby Waldo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:27 pm

Listened to game and sounds like the game was won in midfield with Mascherano and Lucas. Cut out Spurs flair players and the route the strikers. Didn't hear much from Aquaman, how did he play??

Gloom lifted somewhat and when you think how sh*t we've been yet we are 1 point off 4th spot it can't be all that bad. Hopefully more positive transfer news over the coming days, Gerrard coming back from injury, Riera back, Maxi and Aquaman getting minutes - all of a sudden looks brighter.   

:)
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:28 pm

Toffeehater wrote:SG's has been our captain , doing the captain's job for god knows how long , he's pulled us out of so many ditches , He's had a poor season like the whole team so i think its unfair to pit the blame entirely on him for our position in the league

I'm not blaming him for our position as that is down to the team and manager as a whole.
What I am saying is that it was nice to see the captain (Carragher) getting behind the lads tonight and geeing them up which Stevie G doesn't do nearly often enough.
He has looked a bit sulky of late and it can't help the situation on the pitch when we are struggling but I'm far from blaming oror season on this alone.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:31 pm

Good display tonight.  Dogged.  Cohesive.  Up for it.  We were all that against Stoke, but add to that less wasteful in possession and crisp in the tackle and that's exactly what we were tonight.

Have we stumbled upon our best combination in defence??  Carragher - Skrtel - Kyrgiakos - Insua doesn't look great on paper.  Our two worst centre backs playing and our best one at right back, with a young left back who is yet to convince, but in our last two games they have been excellent as a unit.  Having the aerial presence of Kyrgiakos has made a big difference.

Riera is another who has made a big difference, how we've missed him this season.  His ability to retain possession and almost always pick the right option was crucial to us last season and he was good tonight.

Lets not get carried away, we've got a long way to go yet, but we're showing signs of improvement.  After the Reading game I was convinced the players were no longer playing for Benitez.  The last two games have proved me well and truly wrong.  Get in!!!!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:33 pm

Anyone see the Greek just outmuscle the spurs players for headers?  Was great to see him be physical like that and he knocked some of them on their @rse quite a few times.  He didn't even win the ball at times just went up and hit them had me laughin.

Nothin but good things to say about the greek, signed for scraps, plays hard, never says a word in the press and does alright for his price tag.
Zidane

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:39 pm

lost my voice and i wasnt even at the game :D , well done to everyone and lets hope we can kick on from here.

Well in Redmen ill sleep a little easier tonight.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:40 pm

Just thought I'd add... well in Dirk for his hat trick.  I'm counting both pens :buttrock
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:40 pm

Zidane wrote:Anyone see the Greek just outmuscle the spurs players for headers?  Was great to see him be physical like that and he knocked some of them on their @rse quite a few times.  He didn't even win the ball at times just went up and hit them had me laughin.

Nothin but good things to say about the greek, signed for scraps, plays hard, never says a word in the press and does alright for his price tag.

its surprising to me, how zorba the greek has fitted into the team. i've always held the notion that he was an unnecessary, wtf, kind of buy. but i'll admit i was dead wrong.  :D  he has surprised me these past two games. his aerial ability and strenth has given us the ability to win those kind of balls that are so evident and important in scrappy games against the like of stoke and funnily enough, tottenham. he's not sami hyypia, but he does the job. and its been quite the pleasant surprise.

well done.  :)

but im concerned about skrtel's place in the team now.  :down: what happened?
Last edited by anti-hero on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games