LIVERPOOL VS SPURS - Wed. Jan. 20 (Rescheduled)

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby lakes10 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:32 am

Benny The Noon wrote:
lakes10 wrote:might not be the last we hear of this.

going by the bbc

Liverpool City Council was due to grit the area sunday morning for the game, this would have given time for the ice to melt with the grit and salt, they say there was no doubt about the game and the club understood the plan.

oopps has Rafa just been found out lol.....better get the players back from their holiday.

the bbc added to this that any club found fixing games to be called off would face point cuts as last used 3 years agao (i no nothing about that, do any of you?)

This surely must just be a wind up and nothing else

yes most of it was but the bit about "Liverpool City Council was due to grit the area sunday morning for the game" was not

also SSN said the roads were ok...........not seen them myself but one of my game friends said they still looked bad.

(game friend= some i just meet up with at home games)
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:55 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
lakes10 wrote:might not be the last we hear of this.

going by the bbc

Liverpool City Council was due to grit the area sunday morning for the game, this would have given time for the ice to melt with the grit and salt, they say there was no doubt about the game and the club understood the plan.

oopps has Rafa just been found out lol.....better get the players back from their holiday.

the bbc added to this that any club found fixing games to be called off would face point cuts as last used 3 years agao (i no nothing about that, do any of you?)

This surely must just be a wind up and nothing else

yes most of it was but the bit about "Liverpool City Council was due to grit the area sunday morning for the game" was not

also SSN said the roads were ok...........not seen them myself but one of my game friends said they still looked bad.

(game friend= some i just meet up with at home games)

So because SSN said so it must of been Rafa calling it off despite the fact pretty much most of the other football over weekend was called off ?! And you wonder why people giving you a hard time ?
Benny The Noon

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:46 pm

Well Wednesday is a MUST MUST WIN we was helped out on saturday with spurs and city dropping points hopefully Villa lose today.

At home we need to go for it but with very few attacking options id play like this

Reina

Degen    Carragher  Kyrgiakos  Insua

Mascherano   Lucas

Maxi                                          Riera

Aqualani

Kuyt

With this team im sure we can get a 2-0  win

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:33 pm

were going to lose 1-2..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:27 pm

Main worry about this game is that we might get slaughtered on the wings..

Kyrgiakos and Carra in the middle would be the best option and dont even start with that liability Skrtel. He really has turned into a poor poor defender.

If we can get Maxi and Riera on the pitch then I think we can cause them problems at the back.

I predict Rafa will play a 4-4-2 with Kuyt and N'gog up front.. which i really dont like.
Fauxy

Postby mrcool2003 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:45 pm

Being honest it never is a 4-4-2 as kuqt drifts and leaves ngog upfront on his own, only torres imo can play upfront on his own, Id like to see pacheco given a chance just behind ngog, in times like these i just think he'd be more than a threat than kuqt but i know it wont happen.

Anyway we got away with it again with all the teams around us not getting 3 points which sets us up to really get stuck into spurs and win the game which will be 10 out of 12 pts which isnt bad considering how poor we've been but we need to be solid at the back and if we can do that i reckon we'll win 2-0.
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:11 pm

I think our luck is returning.
Man City lost, Villa & Spurs both drew. We need to get this 3 fcking points!
shawnk

Postby Eagle » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:20 pm

If you include Maxi Rodriguez and Riera in our starting 11, our midfield looks like it could actually create and score some goals.

Reina

Degen   Carragher   Agger   Aurelio

Maxi       Aquilani    Lucas    Riera

Kuyt    Ngog
Eagle

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:52 am

Eagle wrote:If you include Maxi Rodriguez and Riera in our starting 11, our midfield looks like it could actually create and score some goals.

Reina

Kuyt    Ngog

not with those two playing upfront, completly hopless the pair of them.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:43 am

Time for an attacking team. We can't afford to do anti-stoke again cos spurs will shread us to pieces if we allow them to attack us.

Reina
    Carra   Skertel   Kragon   Agger
                    Mascherano
       Maxi          Lucas         Reira
                        Aqua
                         Kuyt

Have to play Kuyt up top (no choice.....who else do we have)...........ngog is really out of his depth at this level.

unless.............we get  Ken Jones by this wed....he will be an awesome targetman.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:47 am

Eagle wrote:If you include Maxi Rodriguez and Riera in our starting 11, our midfield looks like it could actually create and score some goals.

Reina

Kuyt    Ngog

Good attacking line-up, good to see Kuyt being pencilled in for a bad game before kick-off by some.

Quite how we came out of that weekend with a draw and didn't lose ground on THREE sides I'll never know, the weekend table results looking like this for the four CL contenders :

1. Liverpool P1 W0 D1 L0 F1 A1 PTS 1
2. Aston Villa P1 W0 D1 L0 F0 A0 PTS 1
3. Tottenham P1 W0 D1 L0 F0 A0 PTS 1
4. Man City P1 W0 D0 L1 F0 A2 PTS 0

We need to beat spudz, we can't afford to give them six points, but then if we finish fourth we might keep Rafa.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:13 am

Owzat wrote:1. Liverpool P1 W0 D1 L0 F1 A1 PTS 1

:O
Dont manipulate the stats!
shawnk

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:58 pm

for me the greek has to stay in the team. he was our best player on saturday. carra was shocking i thought.

also, we're at home so bring in aquilani, riera and maxi and lets go for it. we've got nothing to lose.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:22 pm

stmichael wrote:for me the greek has to stay in the team. he was our best player on saturday. carra was shocking i thought.

The 'style' of Stoke, aforementioned S. H. I. T. E. football, suited Kyrgiakos, not sure having players like Defoe running at him will make him look good. Horses, or in this case donkeys, for courses.

I suppose Rafa should get some credit for working out what Stoke are all about *rolleyes*, three draws in four against a side we should be beating.

spudz will be a different prospect, we stick the greek in against them and we may have to take him off or concede goals. Not surprised Carra didn't have a good game, hardly his strength playing FB and he probably didn't know where to play with the ball hurtling into the box from the touchline more often than not
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:32 pm

shawnk wrote:
Owzat wrote:1. Liverpool P1 W0 D1 L0 F1 A1 PTS 1

:O
Dont manipulate the stats!

Either feck off or stop replying to me, I'm 100% disinterested in what your view is of what I post. And most certainly DON'T tell me what to do or not to do
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games