LIVERPOOL VS SPURS - Wed. Jan. 20 (Rescheduled)

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:09 pm

might not be the last we hear of this.

going by the bbc

Liverpool City Council was due to grit the area sunday morning for the game, this would have given time for the ice to melt with the grit and salt, they say there was no doubt about the game and the club understood the plan.

oopps has Rafa just been found out lol.....better get the players back from their holiday.

the bbc added to this that any club found fixing games to be called off would face point cuts as last used 3 years agao (i no nothing about that, do any of you?)
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:18 pm

Its now the Rafa consiricy, ??? i dont fecking believe this are you trying to say Rafa had the game called off because he wanted to

Theres a thread to blame him.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:19 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Its now the Rafa consiricy, ??? i dont fecking believe this are you trying to say Rafa had the game called off because he wanted to

jesus its rafas fault we aint playing on Sunday. I'm gonna :censored: kill that fat :censored:  :angry:  :angry:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:13 am

NANNY RED wrote:Its now the Rafa consiricy, ??? i dont fecking believe this are you trying to say Rafa had the game called off because he wanted to

no not a Rafa one but a two team one, i get the feel that both teams are very happy to have the weekend off.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:32 am

lakes10 wrote:might not be the last we hear of this.

going by the bbc

Liverpool City Council was due to grit the area sunday morning for the game, this would have given time for the ice to melt with the grit and salt, they say there was no doubt about the game and the club understood the plan.

oopps has Rafa just been found out lol.....better get the players back from their holiday.

the bbc added to this that any club found fixing games to be called off would face point cuts as last used 3 years agao (i no nothing about that, do any of you?)

Just when I thought you couldnt get any worst you exceed your expectations with this sh!te.

Are you are WUM and I am being serious here, this just takes the p!ss  :no
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:39 am

NANNY RED wrote:An it also means Javier will be available :laugh: he will miss the Reading replay though, Sooner have him on the pitch against Spurs than Reading  :nod

If we need a DM against lower league opposition (AT HOME) then the manager should pack his bags and fly back to spain now

As for the game being called off, fairly inevitable since most games are being called off because of conditions outside the ground not inside. I notice the money spinning donkey derbies at all-weather courses go ahead regardless of conditions outside, then again that's like the government not banning smoking as it kills people - because of the £££££ involved. Footy only inconveniences the fans when matches are postponed, can cost fans tickets for travel etc and days booked off if required but hey hoe.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Well if you want the truth girls&boys always come to me as first revealed on page 5 of this thread

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=27490&start=80

:p
roberto green

Postby Blackcab » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:32 pm

Any ideas about the new date for the game?
Blackcab

Postby Owzat » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:26 am

Not last time I checked BBC teletext. Arsenal and Brum didn't seem to be too concerned about safety for their games, you have to wonder if these games aren't being put up for postponement for tactical reasons and advantages to be gained.

Arsenal played yesterday, they would have expected to beat the bitters and go within a point of Chelsea. The bitters may soon get some of their injured players back. Same goes for the mancs, brum may have felt it was a good chance to get something from the game with no Vidic and Ferdinand. We might play spudz with not only new signings, but perhaps when Johnson is fit - and it gives Torres more rest. Maybe if there were a geographical pattern of postponements, but since Arsenal played yesterday and West Ham called off today, Leeds played yesterday as did teams north of the border, I think it is more selective based on more than just how much snow there is.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:42 pm

:D

I came for info for this match and I wanted to know the kick off time. I only have some minutes and I can't read all the thread now, but I cannot believe someone suggest that. That decission is up to both clubs, and the ref, right?
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:08 pm

Sabre wrote:

:D

I came for info for this match and I wanted to know the kick off time. I only have some minutes and I can't read all the thread now, but I cannot believe someone suggest that. That decission is up to both clubs, and the ref, right?

Hard to imagine that the ref was involved, considering the match was called off on Friday. 

I don't think threre is any controversy here.  Clubs all over were calling off matches prudently to avoid difficulties with fans having difficult times getting to the grounds.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:12 pm

going by the bbc

This surely must just be a wind up and nothing else
Benny The Noon

Postby andy_g » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:20 pm

even if benitez didn't 'arrange' for the game to be cancelled (which i doubt every much) i'm sure he was more than happy. this is going to be one of our most important games of the entire season (another one, i know...) and we're going to need a fullt fit and fully motivated squad to make sure we get the 3 points we absolutely have to get out of it. we don't have that right now, but with a bit of luck and a bit more application we might be better shaped when its time for the match to go ahead.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:48 am

I'm not sure what his input is into that process anyway but I certainly think, if consulted, his answer would've been closer to " :) I would like to see the game go ahead :) " more than "Fecking snow :angry: ".
LFC2007

Postby Eagle » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:31 am

going by the bbc

You’ve completely lost the plot!

The reason most of the games were called off is because the clubs don’t want to risk legal action coming from a situation where someone gets injured.
Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games