LIVERPOOL VS EVERTON - merseyside derby

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:30 pm

Looking at some comments from Rafa about Babel on Sly Sports earlier on, I wouldn't put it past him to play that dutch donkey for this one....they are a bit shaky at the back and maybe he'll take a punt on Babel horsin' down the pitch straight at them...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:49 pm

JoeTerp wrote:my guess:
                           Reina
Carra           Skrtel         El Greco      Insua
Maxi             Lucas           Mascherano    Riera
                          Gerrard
                          Kuyt

Strong through the middle, just enough skill to out class them on the edges

Not sure this is the type of game for either Aquilani or Maxi. We need a solid tackling midfield alongside players willing to put the mileage in, I not sure either Maxi or Aquilani is capable yet. Most of all we need players willing to be strong.

I would go

Carra     Skrtel     Kyriagos    Insua

Lucas     Mascherano

Kuyt            Gerrard            Reira

Ngog
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:00 pm

I think the only way you could play Aquilani would be to play him off the main striker, which would move Gerrard out right:

Gerrard       Lucas        Mascherano        Riera
                      Aquilani
                       Kuyt

Somebody out of Maxi, Aquilani, or N'gog has to make the first XI IMO. I am not an N'gog basher, but he isn't miles stronger than Maxi or Aquilani and he also doesn't have as much quality.

Also, I think we would play too much into Everton's hands if we simply sent out our most physical side.  In order to win we are going to need to out "football" them as well, and I think if we have someone like Maxi or Aquilani out there we will have a better chance
JoeTerp

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:16 pm

Or even

Maxi         Gerrard      Masch         Riera

Aquilani

Kuyt

I don't see it happening, though.  Lucas is bound to start, so is Kuyt.
LFC2007

Postby Gazmcc84 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:32 am

cant wait for this game,i have feeling we will win 3-1,we have been improving each week.Rafa challenged ryan to get himself together,i can see him making most of his chance when it comes.

I think the greekman and skrtel will have nough to keep blues quiet......

Maxi or aqua could become instant heroes if get chance

as for felliani threatening to destroy us,his hair must be squashing his brain the blue :censored:
Gazmcc84

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:04 am

I think we need to sustain some kind of balance between physical and creative, we don't want to be loading the side to outmuscle them and find that the game becomes scrappy and we can't create chances. If we balance the side with Kuyt and Riera wide, Mascherano, Aquilani and Gerrard down the middle then that should be ok. Riera's played in the derby before, it would only be Aquilani that hasn't.

How do "we loose" on paper Heimdall?!?! Current form?

Liverpool : WDWDWW = 14 points out of 18
Bitters : WWWDWD = 14 points out of 18

They haven't won at ours for a decade, we're above them in the league by NINE points, how do you come to that conclusion?!?

:Oo:
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:17 am

We will batter them
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:21 am

JoeTerp wrote:I think the only way you could play Aquilani would be to play him off the main striker, which would move Gerrard out right:

Gerrard       Lucas        Mascherano        Riera
                      Aquilani
                       Kuyt

Somebody out of Maxi, Aquilani, or N'gog has to make the first XI IMO. I am not an N'gog basher, but he isn't miles stronger than Maxi or Aquilani and he also doesn't have as much quality.

Also, I think we would play too much into Everton's hands if we simply sent out our most physical side.  In order to win we are going to need to out "football" them as well, and I think if we have someone like Maxi or Aquilani out there we will have a better chance

so Lucas must play then, wtf??? Why not play Stevie alongside Mascha in the middle and have maxi and riera on the wings with Aquaman or N'Gog behind Kuyt
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:23 am

Owzat wrote:I think we need to sustain some kind of balance between physical and creative, we don't want to be loading the side to outmuscle them and find that the game becomes scrappy and we can't create chances. If we balance the side with Kuyt and Riera wide, Mascherano, Aquilani and Gerrard down the middle then that should be ok. Riera's played in the derby before, it would only be Aquilani that hasn't.

How do "we loose" on paper Heimdall?!?! Current form?

Liverpool : WDWDWW = 14 points out of 18
Bitters : WWWDWD = 14 points out of 18

They haven't won at ours for a decade, we're above them in the league by NINE points, how do you come to that conclusion?!?

:Oo:

Just momentum, even though we have been winning and drawing matches we have not been convincing whereas they have looked a lot sharper recently.
heimdall

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:23 am

:)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:09 pm

Judge wrote:Image

:)

that is just so random man.  :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:20 pm

probably
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:22 pm

heimdall wrote:so Lucas must play then, wtf??? Why not play Stevie alongside Mascha in the middle and have maxi and riera on the wings with Aquaman or N'Gog behind Kuyt

because steven gerrard is not a central midfielder and hasn't been for the best part of 5 years now.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby heimdall » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:06 pm

stmichael wrote:
heimdall wrote:so Lucas must play then, wtf??? Why not play Stevie alongside Mascha in the middle and have maxi and riera on the wings with Aquaman or N'Gog behind Kuyt

because steven gerrard is not a central midfielder and hasn't been for the best part of 5 years now.

Oh really, that's news to me and obviously to Capello as well, no doubt news to Stevie as well, did Rafa tell you that?
heimdall

Postby made in UK » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:17 pm

stmichael wrote:

silly billy.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games