LIVERPOOL VS BURNLEY - Saturday september 12th 15.00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:35 pm

Nothin. really , me finger just got carried away on the keyboard :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:39 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Nothin. really , me finger just got carried away on the keyboard :laugh:

Ok fair enough, I'm really looking forward to this game, bloody hate international breaks, they always seem so pointless, especially when you support a crappy team like Norway.  :down:
heimdall

Postby JC_81 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:08 pm

Definitely a must win game this one.

I think the late arrivals of Mascherano and Lucas is pretty bad news though, we'll need at least one of them to play.

I'd take the opportunity to 'rest' Lucas, and preferably keep resting him for the remainder of the season.  Of course not rating him makes me a plastic fan, oh well...

In all seriousness, I'd definitely leave one of the two out.  Lucas IS sh.it, but Mascherano is playing sh.it at the moment anyway.  Drop Gerrard back and play Benayoun behind Torres is my shout.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:22 pm

Could be an easy 4-0 or we go 2-0 down they get a player sent off and we win 3-2!!! I hope its not the latter!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:14 am

heimdall wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Nothin. really , me finger just got carried away on the keyboard :laugh:

Ok fair enough, I'm really looking forward to this game, bloody hate international breaks, they always seem so pointless, especially when you support a crappy team like Norway.  :down:

Ah relax Hallinskíði...it could be bleedin Ireland. There's a feckin' rollercoaster.

By the way, shouldn't you be called Heimdallr? You don't have a girlfriend called Freyja do ya?

Just joking
:D
tonyeh

Postby Owzat » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:10 am

Must win game, just hoping it's not a repeat of the last match we played against them.

If we want to make a title challenge, and perhaps ill advised Carra did an interview on it that I saw yesterday, then we need to beat newly promoted sides, the sides that end up relegated and most importantly our home games. In the last seven seasons the least home points picked up by the champions is 47 with the minimum over that period of 14 wins (and 5 draws so unbeaten) In that same period the most points we've picked up at home is 46 although we did win 15 at home one season (05/06)

It's arguably our easiest game so far, win and we're only two points worse off than after five games last year. If only the spudz game had not been our opener, perhaps Sunderland away or a relatively easy game and we could be better off than last season.

As for who to play, assuming we're writing off Lucas and Mascherano I'd give Spearing a go with Gerrard behind two strikers with licence to go forward freely, but to drop back alongside Spearing IF needed defensively. Put Yossi on the left, perhaps put Babel up front alongside Torres. The one thing I never liked about playing one or two DMs is if you need to chase the game then you have to waste a substitution on formation and that leaves less changes for players having a stinker/injury. Can't be too long before there's a call for four or even five substitutions. Never could understand Mascherano starting games at home against weaker sides, arguably a big contribution to our draw syndrome
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:37 am

I'm going to this one!!!! :) I need to find somewhere to park though.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:51 am

I think i'd go for the option of using Gerrard further back and bringing in Yossi behind the strikers. Burnley, despite what Chelski did to them, are no pushovers, and I don't feel its the sort of game that youngsters like Spearing should be introduced in - leave them for the cups. Having said that I don't feel we need a massive amount of cover for the defence - Burnley seem to aim for shots from midfield, so we should be countering slightly higher up the field IMO - so Gerrard and Yossi for me rather than Lucas/Mash or Spearing.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:46 am

to burnley's credit, they're not going to come to anfield and park the bus, it's not in their nature which should suit us. they could have had three goals at stamford bridge the other week in the first 20 minutes before getting overpowered. even away from home they always play two upfront.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dundalk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:51 pm

bavlondon wrote:I'm going to this one!!!! :) I need to find somewhere to park though.

Carparks are usually the best bet  :nod   :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:25 pm

Dundalk wrote:
bavlondon wrote:I'm going to this one!!!! :) I need to find somewhere to park though.

Every time I mention taking the car on the ferry over to Liverpool for a game, the mate's missus (from Southport) tells me I'm mad to even think about it. She reckons it'd be up on blocks within an hour....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:18 pm

Last edited by NANNY RED on Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:11 pm

3 points is all that counts, i don't give a feck how burnley approach this game, we have learned somthing from last season with stoke, let's not give burnley any opportunity to even think they can try any tactic to un-settle our game. if as alot of people think that they will come to anfield an try to play 4-4-2 then that's fine, if they want it to be as open as that then we just play to our strength's an rip em apart!

if they want to come an park the bus, then again as long as we have learned the lesson from last year,which i believe we have then with the amount of chances we would surley create will pay dividens throughout the game an hopefully a few goals will be scored as a result.

i'm not dis-repecting burnley here for one moment,but really believe that this game should be used as a spring board to get some consistancy with results, then worry about performances as we go through the season, as catch up this early on is not an option that i would want us to be in.

the Bolton  result was awsome as it showed the players that day had a brilliant attitude, it was about the result,yes we have some work to do in obvious area's but that will be ironed out i'm sure as the season goes on. so i'm confident the players will play to their strengths from the kick off an get the required win to ensure the attitude levels are where they need to be. btw i'm hoping an praying Lucas has a commanding perforfance to ensure the midfield create chances etc. believe me i will be one of the first people to acknowldege it on here,this the perfect game for him to shine an stop hiding behind other players- please make a name for yourself Lad. cause how many more chances does he need!

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Effes » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:03 am

bunglemark2 wrote:
Dundalk wrote:

Every time I mention taking the car on the ferry over to Liverpool for a game, the mate's missus (from Southport) tells me I'm mad to even think about it. She reckons it'd be up on blocks within an hour....

Sounds like your typical Southport Snobby cunt

Does anyone kow if Torres played for Spain on wednesday?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:06 am

Bav - try the MacDonalds on County Rd.

If you get there for 2pm, walk up (follow the crowd) behind the Aldi supermarket.

Top of the road on the left is a good little boozer, it'll look packed but you get served straight away.
Most people stand outside if it's nice, and it's due to be sunny Saturday.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games